Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 587 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

NFL Draft
« on: April 26, 2023, 06:44:44 PM »
Anyone else hyped for the draft tomorrow?  Seems pretty wide open after Bryce Young to the Panthers at 1 overall.

slimvanilla

Re: NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 07:52:38 PM »
even Bryce at 1 isn't a lock yet. feel like anything can happen

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 08:03:46 PM »
Seems like a lot of smoke a mirrors… I’m just not understanding the love affair some of the local media have with Will Levis. I’m for taking the best player avail at 2 and snag a qb at 12. Think the Texans will take Stroud at 2 tho.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 09:21:38 AM »
Yeah I like Stroud as well.  He was incredible against Georgia.  I think all the bad S2 score stuff is smoke.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 05:51:03 PM »
Wow…. I’m not mad at the stroud pick, but trading up for Anderson..2024 first round pick hurts. Still have Cleveland’s first tho.

Richardson at 4!? Didn’t see that coming..

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 10:39:34 PM »
Wow…. I’m not mad at the stroud pick, but trading up for Anderson..2024 first round pick hurts. Still have Cleveland’s first tho.

Richardson at 4!? Didn’t see that coming..

I saw that Houston was gonna do that 2-3 move last night, it leaked into some mock drafts but still an insane trade.

As a Birds fan, Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith were far more than I could have asked for.  Holy fuck, what a night!

Richardson with all of his tools makes sense as a top 4 pick to me.  Cannot believe how far Levis is falling though!  Top of round 2 has some serious talent left.  Should be fascinating tomorrow.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 10:23:11 AM »
I couldn’t find leaks at all. Not even sports talk radio saw 2 and 3 coming lol

Levis’ mudslide has to be beyond the toe injury teams were supposedly worried about.. i thought for sure the Bucs were gonna take him.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 10:52:03 AM »
This is an amazing article on the combine:
https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/the-wood-chipper-nfl-draft-combine/

The intelligence test they give to the players is insanely hard.

Also, this book is a little boring but interesting to see how the money swirls around the NFL:
https://www.amazon.com/Economics-National-Football-League-Management/dp/1441962891

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 02:23:10 PM »
I couldn’t find leaks at all. Not even sports talk radio saw 2 and 3 coming lol

Levis’ mudslide has to be beyond the toe injury teams were supposedly worried about.. i thought for sure the Bucs were gonna take him.

Daniel Jeremiah called the Texans 2-3 pick https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2023-nfl-mock-draft-4-0

Heard Levis is falling after the Colts at 4 since most other teams already have their QB.  I was thinking Bucs or Vikings - but maybe teams see all the development he’ll require and couldn’t invest a first in him.  You’d think they’d want a fifth year option on him, but again I’m confused by the drop like you are.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 08:13:16 PM »
This is an amazing article on the combine:
https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/the-wood-chipper-nfl-draft-combine/

The intelligence test they give to the players is insanely hard.

Also, this book is a little boring but interesting to see how the money swirls around the NFL:
https://www.amazon.com/Economics-National-Football-League-Management/dp/1441962891

Dude it's the wonderlic test hahaha....Basically if you've ever done a 10 minute "what's my IQ" test online you've taken one. It might be difficult to get a perfect score, but that's mostly down to the timing (50 questions in like 12 mins). The questions are for the most part pretty basic for someone who's (supposedly) college educated though.

Levis sliding was definitely a fit thing I think. Reminds me of Corral last year a little. The size and build are prototype but the numbers are a little weak, though he was playing on a mediocre team in the strongest conference. His tape isnt very convincing but his arm sure is, he has great touch and can make all the throws, I'm just not convinced his eyes are good enough to see them. He definitely tries to force throws that aren't there and looked like a bit of a sitting duck in the pocket at times which are going to be issues at the next level. I think I'd have taken Richardson too, they're both likely to be projects but one of them is potentially going to have Lamar type rushing upside.

Was digging the steelers draft until Rd 4. I get that Darnell Washington has first round talent on paper but he only caught 45 passes in college due to injury issues so if that knee is bad enough multiple teams red flagged him right off their boards then I'm pretty concerned. Especially since we already have one of the best young TEs in the league and wasted a pick on Cam Heywards little brother last year.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 08:20:43 PM »
My neighbour told me her grandson is expected to be drafted in the third round. I forget his name but he goes to school in Alabama, but not a big school there, anyone have an idea. I forget his name. Jacob Adamson or something maybe.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 11:09:14 PM »

Was digging the steelers draft until Rd 4. I get that Darnell Washington has first round talent on paper but he only caught 45 passes in college due to injury issues so if that knee is bad enough multiple teams red flagged him right off their boards then I'm pretty concerned. Especially since we already have one of the best young TEs in the league and wasted a pick on Cam Heywards little brother last year.

Oh I love Washington, but the truth is I wanted Ringo and Washington at 65/66 for my Eagles to keep the Bulldawg thing going  ;D

I think you got great value for him, I have a feeling teams are gonna regret letting him slide over some swollen knees during draft testing.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
Little surprised Malto’s never flexed his Nike power and called a late round draft pick for the Chiefs

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 07:13:11 PM »
Little surprised Malto’s never flexed his Nike power and called a late round draft pick for the Chiefs

Especially this year since it was in KC.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 03:17:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh I love Washington, but the truth is I wanted Ringo and Washington at 65/66 for my Eagles to keep the Bulldawg thing going  ;D

I think you got great value for him, I have a feeling teams are gonna regret letting him slide over some swollen knees during draft testing.

That's what he said it was, but of course he's not going to come out and say "yeah I have a degenerative knee condition exacerbated by my freakish size and positional demands and I'm going to be out of the league in 3 years no matter what you do." I have to believe it's a bit more serious than that if multiple NFL franchises that employ damn near as many doctors as players took him off the board entirely. 6'7 270lb 4.6 TEs that hands catch and love to block don't grow on trees. It wouldn't be the first time the Steelers arrogantly thought that reality didn't pertain to them.

His tape is beyond impressive but zooming out he's a one season wonder with significant durability concerns so I'm not going to get my hopes up yet. Plus we already have young TEs that are better pass catchers (Muth) and bigger blockers (Gentry) so it just doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I just feel like our secondary should have been more of a priority after we lost Cam Sutton and Terrell Edmunds and replaced them with old ass Pat Pete and Keanu Neal. JPJ obviously helps but beyond him I'm not very high on anyone.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's what he said it was, but of course he's not going to come out and say "yeah I have a degenerative knee condition exacerbated by my freakish size and positional demands and I'm going to be out of the league in 3 years no matter what you do." I have to believe it's a bit more serious than that if multiple NFL franchises that employ damn near as many doctors as players took him off the board entirely. 6'7 270lb 4.6 TEs that hands catch and love to block don't grow on trees. It wouldn't be the first time the Steelers arrogantly thought that reality didn't pertain to them.

His tape is beyond impressive but zooming out he's a one season wonder with significant durability concerns so I'm not going to get my hopes up yet. Plus we already have young TEs that are better pass catchers (Muth) and bigger blockers (Gentry) so it just doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I just feel like our secondary should have been more of a priority after we lost Cam Sutton and Terrell Edmunds and replaced them with old ass Pat Pete and Keanu Neal. JPJ obviously helps but beyond him I'm not very high on anyone.

Thats totally fair.  I feel like he’s such a mismatch you can perhaps put him in the slot too?  With all the offensive fireworks required in the AFC to actually make a run, why not spend a mid to late 3rd on a guy like that even if theres a chance his time is short lived - most careers and playoff windows are pretty short anyway.  Im just playing devil’s advocate really, but I’d be stoked to have him for the next few years - hopefully

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 12:41:24 PM »
Howie Roseman Master Class
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2023, 03:13:43 PM »
Howie Roseman Master Class

🦅🦅🦅

Kook Me Amadeus