Author Topic: Board shelf life  (Read 818 times)

sionarancsle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Board shelf life
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:06:53 AM »
Hi!

I wanted to re-buy a couple of my favourite boards (Polar), but realized that the boards I'll be ordering are the same batch as like last year or even older.

Will these have a decreased life-span, like break easier and stuff? How long does a skateboard properly (hopefully the company stores them properly) stored last before it's performance is decreased?

(this is Casey Foley doing his thing in Adelaide)

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
Re: Board shelf life
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 01:16:33 PM »
I had a board hanging on my board for a few years before I rode it and it was a damn good board.

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 01:41:04 PM »
A few years ago I pulled a (what was then) 10-year-old PS Habitat board out of my parent's non-climate controlled garage and skated it. No warping or anything, and it performed just as well as anything I could have gotten fresh off the rack.

Obviously there will always be a random baddie here or there, but skateboards hold up pretty well over time. Once from a few drops ago should be just fine.

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 84
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 03:59:37 PM »
I buy all my boards for the year over Black Friday weekend and try to skate them in order by drop. Usually with the boards that are deep sale they’re old to begin with. The board I’m on now is at least two years old and it’s totally good. I would say usually my deck is at least a year and a half old and I’ve never had a problem

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 04:20:23 PM »
Stock up. You’ll be fine. Also, who says that new decks are really new? I imagine BBS and PS Stix have decks sitting around and ready to go.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 04:34:22 PM »
as long as they haven't been stored improperly in some wacky climate then they should be fine

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 04:59:25 PM »
Skated my Dakroom Deck (BBS) from 2020 today for the second time and had the best session in a while.
The last one was even older from 2019 and I skated it for around 6 week without any complains beside a little more chipping going on but that could just be me throwing by board around..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.