Author Topic: Ghost sightings or stories?  (Read 2206 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
Re: Ghost sightings or stories?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2023, 06:56:21 AM »
Expand Quote
and skinwalkers
[close]

I got one for you. Don’t know if it was a skinwalker, I always just called it the dog man.

Back when I lived at my parent’s place, my routine was get off work around five, skate to the park, skate until lights out around 11:30, then either skate home, or walk if I was tired and wanted to decompress/chill.

The night this happened, I decided to walk. I go out the back entrance of the park and I’m walking through the neighborhood the park is in. It’s a nice ass night, so I’m just kind of taking this meandering path that ends up turning a fifteen minute walk home into about a thirty minute walk.

I turn down the street that leads to the cul-de-sac my parents live in, and in the yard of the last house on the right before the street turns into a circle, there’s some dude hunched over. My parents neighborhood doesn’t have any street lights, but in the dim glow from the porch light of their neighbor’s house across the street, I can at least see that this dude is twitching.

My first thought, honest to god, was “damn, I’ve never seen a tweaker around here.” It’s pretty common to be walking around that area and finding syringes and shit and most businesses have SHARPS containers outside of them so I would see people nodding off/passed out all the time, but never anyone just straight up tweaking.

Then this thing (I quickly realized it wasn’t human) turns and looks at me. I can’t make out a single fucking detail, just the general shape, but I just knew it wasn’t human. It sort of straightens up on all fours, and the only way I can describe it is that it ran like a human would if it was unnaturally good at imitating a dog. Limbs locked straight and it just kind of skittered towards the fence that separated their front and backyard, fast as fuck.

I took off running to my parent’s porch and then I heard it hit the chain link fence. Then, I don’t know why, I guess I wanted to see what it was, I sort of walked out into our front yard to try and get a look at it. It was fucking gone.

Freaky enough, but it gets worse. Four years later, I was at a party with some friends. Up until that point l, I’d never told anyone this story, except for my brother. My brother didn’t know or talk to anyone that was at this party, so I know for a fact no one there knew this story. We’re all drinking and they start talking about freaky shit they’ve seen. I decide “fuck it, why not?” And start to tell them about the dog man, much as I’ve written it out here. I get to the point where I go to describe how it ran, and one of my buddies goes, “did it run like a human would if it was insanely good at imitating a dog?”

Turns out he was driving to a mutual friend’s house one night who lived in the middle of bum fuck nowhere and the entire road to his neighborhood was this winding, wooded road. It was about two in the morning and the same thing I saw ran in front of his car and into the woods on the other side of the road.

We all theorized a lot about what it could have been and everyone else reached a couple of half-assed conclusions, but the two of us who saw it are adamant it wasn’t human. I can’t explain how, but I’d bet everything I have that if anyone reading this had seen it, they’d agree.

That's freaky as fuck dude. It's crazy how common skinwalker stories are in the USA. What part of the country were/are you living in if you don't mind me asking?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2023, 09:54:49 AM »
That's freaky as fuck dude. It's crazy how common skinwalker stories are in the USA. What part of the country were/are you living in if you don't mind me asking?

Indiana. Fried part is, where I saw it was in a suburb 30/45 minutes away from where my buddy saw it. No idea what it was doing in the suburbs as opposed to the woods where it makes more sense for it to hang out, although thinking back on it, there’s a small patch of woods behind my parents house, so maybe it just got bold/lost? Another time me and my brother were in the woods behind my parents and we came across a raccoon skeleton that had been picked clean and all of its internal organs were laid out in a neat, straight line behind it.

It was also weird because once I calmed down I realized the thing didn’t have any intention of confronting or harming me. It took off the minute I started getting scared/realized it wasn’t human.

Minigolf Fanatic

• Rep: 6
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2023, 09:19:55 AM »
Well, I used to work at a "haunted" hotel.

The story is - back in the early 1900s I believe, a newlywed bride committed suicide in a room on the second floor out of grief, because her husband was killed as they were staying in the hotel. And ever since, her ghost (and others) have been roaming around.

I heard little things here and there - a security guard who felt a cold touch on his neck where there was no air conditioning around, stuff like that. A flight attendant was staying in the haunted room, put her shoes in one corner, and when she woke up her shoes were in another corner.

One standout story was that one night, a maintenance guy saw a ghostlike man in a kilt eating something in one corner of the hotel. He told a manager, they looked into it...and apparently the area of the hotel where the ghost was eating used to be a restaurant section many years ago.

I personally never saw anything, but - one morning, I had to go find a luggage trolley in the huge ballroom. It was super dark and the ballroom can be pretty intimidating because of its immense size and absolute quiet. So I was walking around by myself and felt a bit weirded out. Walked through this one corridor and thought I saw something flicker in the corner of my eye. Got spooked and hurried out of there.

But I mean, once I started working there and learned about the hotel's past, I realized that we can build up our superstitions and fears and paranoia in our minds pretty easily.

Was this the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC?