Author Topic: What do you call one of these anti stink device?  (Read 384 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
What do you call one of these anti stink device?
« on: March 12, 2023, 09:36:17 PM »
Where we grew up we called it a sploosh.

I love drawing on mine.

picture upload sites
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
Re: What do you call one of these anti stink device?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 02:26:48 AM »
I've always just called them a waste of time. If you're that afraid of getting caught smoking then just go outside. Plus if your weed is so timid that a mere TP roll with a dryer sheet on the end can fully neutralize the scent then you probably need some better shit. Just a fried Canadian's opinion on the matter anyway.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:13:01 AM »
I've always just called them a waste of time. If you're that afraid of getting caught smoking then just go outside. Plus if your weed is so timid that a mere TP roll with a dryer sheet on the end can fully neutralize the scent then you probably need some better shit. Just a fried Canadian's opinion on the matter anyway.

No offense but I wouldn't expect a Canadian to understand how fucked up America's attitude towards weed has historically been and still is in some places. In a country where cops are still kicking in doors with their guns drawn because someone called and said it smells like someone is smoking weed, using one of these can literally prevent you from losing your livelihood, freedom, or worse. Not to mention there's plenty of people who rent from tight ass landlords or live with others and have to accommodate them as well.

Also I think you're underestimating the efficacy. You don't just put one sheet over the end, you stuff the tube full of them. Trust me, as long as there no leaks you could blow any weed you want through it and it'll still just smell like the Snuggle bear farted in your room.

I used one all the time to smoke in my dorm room in college and then intermittently for hotels or staying with family etc. It doesn't kill 100% of the smell but if you use a bowl, cap it after you hit it so there isn't any wisps of loose smoke and control the air flow in the room (towel under the door, fan in the window) then you can totally keep it contained to a room. In the dorms we had a 3 fan setup to quickly clear what little smell/smoke remained, and kept a cig lit just to add some cover scent and even with stanky ass festival weed you couldnt smell anything on the other side of the door. Honestly we did it to keep the vultures as much as not get caught, but it definitely works for its intended purpose.

We called them a spoof which at least makes some logical sense, but sploof and spwoof were popular too.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 11:02:48 AM »
fried thread

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 11:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No offense but I wouldn't expect a Canadian to understand how fucked up America's attitude towards weed has historically been and still is in some places. In a country where cops are still kicking in doors with their guns drawn because someone called and said it smells like someone is smoking weed, using one of these can literally prevent you from losing your livelihood, freedom, or worse. Not to mention there's plenty of people who rent from tight ass landlords or live with others and have to accommodate them as well.

Also I think you're underestimating the efficacy. You don't just put one sheet over the end, you stuff the tube full of them. Trust me, as long as there no leaks you could blow any weed you want through it and it'll still just smell like the Snuggle bear farted in your room.

I used one all the time to smoke in my dorm room in college and then intermittently for hotels or staying with family etc. It doesn't kill 100% of the smell but if you use a bowl, cap it after you hit it so there isn't any wisps of loose smoke and control the air flow in the room (towel under the door, fan in the window) then you can totally keep it contained to a room. In the dorms we had a 3 fan setup to quickly clear what little smell/smoke remained, and kept a cig lit just to add some cover scent and even with stanky ass festival weed you couldnt smell anything on the other side of the door. Honestly we did it to keep the vultures as much as not get caught, but it definitely works for its intended purpose.

We called them a spoof which at least makes some logical sense, but sploof and spwoof were popular too.

True I don't know anything outside of my own little bubble. Sorry I am uncultured swine.