Author Topic: Canary islands?  (Read 353 times)

xandeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Canary islands?
« on: March 02, 2023, 05:21:26 AM »
Hi guys,

The only thread about the Canary Islands on this forum was related to Fuerteventura and had no information, so here goes a new try:

Next year I'm looking at a 3-week vacation, and potentially going to Canary islands. Any idea on the skate scene? Youtube and google shows me mostly skateparks and very little info on local spots or the local scene. Anybody got any tips?

I currently have no particular city nor island in mind, as this might be depending on the skatespots ;)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Canary islands?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 05:34:34 AM »
I just been to Tenerife for work a couple of times, but they have some pretty impressive skateparks. Canary islands in are amazing: good weather almost all year, beaches, great hiking/surf spots and cheap food and accomodation.

With three weeks you have plenty of time to move between islands if you want

These parts is fully recorded on canary islands:

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 09:40:43 AM »
I was just in Tenerife on vacation and didn't see a lot to skate, but from the looks of things you would have good luck in the capitol, Santa Cruz.

truthislie

• Rep: 55
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 09:17:57 PM »
Go to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and check out voyka skateshop. There are some spots but even though the island is quite small you will need a car. Also check out @grancanariaskateboarding on insta for some inspo. If I had 3 weeks there I d take it easy and not only skate but also surf and maybe hike.Speaking of hiking, there s a hidden fullpipe where you need a day long hike to get there. I have never been there but some of my friends went.

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 04:30:31 AM »
Wow, solid stuff! Thanks guys for all the tips, will make sure to check them out in detail.