Author Topic: New Nike SB X Air Jordan 4 ad  (Read 8409 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: New Nike SB X Air Jordan 4 ad
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2023, 11:43:56 PM »
Those shoes are hideous
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Terminal

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2023, 01:05:22 AM »
Looks like moon boots might be on the way back, next stop D3

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2023, 01:12:32 AM »
Dogshit

livin on a speyer

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2023, 01:27:38 AM »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2023, 02:29:36 AM »
Finally relatable skating in an ad for 200+ dollar shoes that I wouldn't even be able to get because skateshops are going to backdoor them and raffle them off to hypebeasts. At least I found a good set of reps saved incase I actually want a pair

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2023, 03:40:57 AM »
Is Theo still on nike? I think it might at least 8 years since I’ve seen him used in their marketing. My first thought was this is most honest marketing they could’ve done. This is the a prime example of who Nike is selling the majority of their shoes to these days anyway skill set wise . It’s actually kinda cool to see skating advertised in a more accessible way that isn’t the revive kooks or skateboarding branch of Scientology.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2023, 04:47:19 AM »
$225?! In this economy? I could just get two more pairs of Tiagos.

Ad was cool though. In the era of everyone is good, relatability and vibes are how you break through, imo.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2023, 04:59:01 AM »
you're right. seeing GT in these bombing a hill woulda maybe persuaded me to buy these...

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2023, 05:27:14 AM »
$225?! In this economy? I could just get two more pairs of Tiagos.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2023, 05:28:47 AM »
That commercial made me wonder why Jordan doesn’t use more WNBA in ads.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2023, 05:44:46 AM »
I like the commercial.
If the shoe was like 50 bucks I'd rock
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2023, 06:30:22 AM »
Nike doesn't need to sell us 30 something skate nerds shoes. We are not the target demographic for most skateboarding products.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2023, 06:45:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpx-slfPHN8/
That was good. A group of girls having fun skating in the city. I don't see any problem with it.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2023, 08:04:40 AM »
i'm just so glad there's a skateboarding ad featuring a tic tac nosestall thing, my all time favorite trick to perform on my parent's front step when i was in 7th grade, i feel so seen

cky enthusiast

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2023, 08:24:17 AM »
powerful reclamation of the cosby sweater

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2023, 08:48:36 AM »
I think this is just bad for female skating in general. Jordan 4´s going SB is a big thing and this ad will probably hit outside core skating and will probably solidify the general publics view that girls suck at skating. I mean its Nike, and a big release.. If this is the bets Nike can get.. Is probably where their minds would go.

There is so many good female skaters out there, and ads like this could out help female skating a lot, instead of harding those views that females can just have "a little fun" with it, and not much more than that.

There is no way they have would have done this ad the same way with guys on the same skill-level. 

Edit: I saw the original post with Hauser in it after the comment. They should link these together somehow to shows both sides of skating, that would have been cool.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2023, 09:06:46 AM »
As a dude….I don’t think chicks really need us to be telling them what the right way to do things is…..we say ‘they could use better girl skaters….’ Do we say that just because we like talking shit?  I see girls like this around a bunch and if one said to me ‘I’m filming a Nike commercial tomorrow….’ What would you say to that? 

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2023, 09:17:00 AM »
Look guys I know we are all posting on Slap, but some of us still need to get a life.

This stings and hits quite close to home.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2023, 09:18:45 AM »
Looks like moon boots might be on the way back, next stop D3

Lanvin is WAY ahead of you.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2023, 09:24:22 AM »
I think this is just bad for female skating in general. Jordan 4´s going SB is a big thing and this ad will probably hit outside core skating and will probably solidify the general publics view that girls suck at skating. I mean its Nike, and a big release.. If this is the bets Nike can get.. Is probably where their minds would go.

There is so many good female skaters out there, and ads like this could out help female skating a lot, instead of harding those views that females can just have "a little fun" with it, and not much more than that.

There is no way they have would have done this ad the same way with guys on the same skill-level. 

Edit: I saw the original post with Hauser in it after the comment. They should link these together somehow to shows both sides of skating, that would have been cool.

this take is as dumb as anyone who draws that conclusion.

this is a lifestyle ad, for a lifestyle shoe. They're selling you cool, fun trendy vibes and a $200 shoe. Not skateboarding. And there's nothing wrong with that. Brands have to appeal wide demo, not just the core. Nike does this with all their product lines

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2023, 09:36:02 AM »
bucky thinks it sux too
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2023, 09:38:55 AM »
bucky thinks it sux too
Bucky that rode for puma?

Haido

• Rep: 0
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2023, 09:39:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm sorry for you that Theotis was no where in site to throw down.
[close]

Theotis is site unseen

Message.
Tiny haid

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2023, 09:45:45 AM »
Looks like Nike and the skate shops are really hustling to push this painfully average, overpriced shoe.

Next we'll see Ben Affleck rocking these while being hounded by the paparazzi. I can already picture him looking sad,suave and debonair as he reminisces about all the wild and crazy things Ana De Armas used to do that J-Lo just won't even attempt. Poor guy.

But hey, at least he's got those cool Jordan 4 SBs to keep him comfy while he wallows in his romantic misfortunes. Unfortunately, I couldn't even snag a pair in my local rigged skate shop raffle, so I guess I'll just have to settle for looking like a peasant while Ben struts his stuff and Shane O'Neil skates them in the rain. Sigh... The struggles of the proletariat, am I right? lulz

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2023, 10:49:34 AM »
Who doesn't love the look of girls in big ass puffy sneakers

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023, 11:15:51 AM »
Those guys who says this is a life style shoes never played Basketball ever....and are the same who thinks Beatrice rips and deserves be pro.

This add could make more sense with Elissa that in the past rocked some high tops.

no Wade Desarmoux could make more sense.
Miss you Rusty Berings

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2023, 11:29:49 AM »
Honestly, the more I watch this the more it feels wack.  You’ve got top skaters (both male and female) on the SB instagram doing sick skating to promote this, and they seem like an afterthought.  This ad would have been fine for pretty much any SB other than the Jordans

The whole thing reeks of some outside ad agency trying to make what they think a skate video is.  Feels very inauthentic and weird to use to promote what should be a major change in direction. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2023, 03:06:35 PM »
Expand Quote
how dare women exist in my righteous dicksport, right my dude?
[close]

I never said anything bad on womens skating, you’re putting words in my mouth for no reason. If you’re gonna show females skating then why not Nicole Hause? She’s a great female skater who’s on Nike. I don’t get why these ads don’t show the top dogs in female skating, but they show meh females. I fuck with female skaters who really get down, like for example Nelly Morville, she’s mega swaggy. That’s not me being misogynistic, that’s me trying to say that they down play the really good female skaters for the meh ones to push some weird kind of agenda. Then again this is slap and this is my first post so it’s living up to the famous degenerate reputation it always has lmao.

Lol shut up kook

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2023, 03:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never said anything bad on womens skating, you’re putting words in my mouth for no reason. If you’re gonna show females skating then why not Nicole Hause? She’s a great female skater who’s on Nike. I don’t get why these ads don’t show the top dogs in female skating, but they show meh females. I fuck with female skaters who really get down, like for example Nelly Morville, she’s mega swaggy. That’s not me being misogynistic, that’s me trying to say that they down play the really good female skaters for the meh ones to push some weird kind of agenda. Then again this is slap and this is my first post so it’s living up to the famous degenerate reputation it always has lmao.

slap/ skateboarding doesn't owe you anything, welcome

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2023, 03:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this thread belongs in the footage thread