Author Topic: New Nike SB X Air Jordan 4 ad  (Read 8412 times)

Shredroe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: New Nike SB X Air Jordan 4 ad
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2023, 11:16:19 AM »

Shredroe

• Rep: -3
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »
Expand Quote
how dare women exist in my righteous dicksport, right my dude?
[close]

I never said anything bad on womens skating, you’re putting words in my mouth for no reason. If you’re gonna show females skating then why not Nicole Hause? She’s a great female skater who’s on Nike. I don’t get why these ads don’t show the top dogs in female skating, but they show meh females. I fuck with female skaters who really get down, like for example Nelly Morville, she’s mega swaggy. That’s not me being misogynistic, that’s me trying to say that they down play the really good female skaters for the meh ones to push some weird kind of agenda. Then again this is slap and this is my first post so it’s living up to the famous degenerate reputation it always has lmao.

This is the most triggering thing I’ve ever read. Jheez

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2023, 11:25:40 AM »
did i miss my 6 hour raffle window to throwdown?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2023, 12:11:15 PM »
The video that dropped today was sick, people hating for no reason.

switchfakie

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2023, 12:51:43 PM »
shoe looks garbage

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2023, 01:02:45 PM »
Yah, it’ll prolly not sell and I’m sure nothing of any consequence will ever come out of that shit design….

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2023, 01:04:29 PM »
Can’t skate a shoe with an airbag, if they were gonna do a SB thing that should have been the first thing they should have addressed in my opinion, lil video they put was cool too, won’t getting them cause I wouldn’t skate them, skated the 2 a lot, the stylus that es made reminds me of that one
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2023, 01:31:34 PM »
Can’t skate a shoe with an airbag, if they were gonna do a SB thing that should have been the first thing they should have addressed in my opinion, lil video they put was cool too, won’t getting them cause I wouldn’t skate them, skated the 2 a lot, the stylus that es made reminds me of that one

They should have addressed that you can’t skate a shoe with an airbag first?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2023, 01:33:54 PM »

as somebody who skated the emerica Reynolds 1 for the first 5-7+ years of my skateboarding life, I would politely disagree.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2023, 02:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

as somebody who skated the emerica Reynolds 1 for the first 5-7+ years of my skateboarding life, I would politely disagree.

Or the first eS Koston or the eS Creager

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2023, 02:30:47 PM »
Yeah this shit was wack from a huge company like Nike. They're not some indie, artsy brand. They're just really good at marketing and creating an aesthetic that will sell a product. It's called branding, and successful companies try to control the narrative of how they're portrayed.

I just get the "rich kids out playing in 'the streets' for one of the first times" vibe from this shit. Nobody skating in $225 (resale over $300) shoes....except for rich kids playing in the streets.

They're not a "fun" company. They just want to look like people wearing their shit have fun in it.

Shame on them for trying to sell a product. But for real, this was hella wack.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2023, 02:36:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/10td3HYkZr4

How are they all wearing belts, yet we can see all of their chonies?
Side note, that chick shredded, don't think I've seen any of her footage before. Dude with the red hair was hard to watch, glad I've never seen any of his footage before.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2023, 03:36:41 PM »
The video that dropped today was sick, people hating for no reason.

Everybody in a  white and green shoe looking like they are forced to use it is pretty sick. Besides Antonio Durao, shit was weak.
Miss you Rusty Berings

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2023, 03:41:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Or the first eS Koston or the eS Creager

lets be real here - this Nike SB jordan isn't really intended for skating. You can definitely skate in it and maybe a few details were added to make it more skate-friendly than a usual jordan, but think of the target demographic with all of these "limited" SB drops - is it really skateboarders?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2023, 04:15:27 PM »
You guys win….I’ve definitely put my name in a draw out of spite….

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2023, 04:50:11 PM »
don't give an F about Jordans, but if my shop can get an easy profit off it to normies, why not

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2023, 01:46:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wit_Zyxy9Ac

this is an even worse ad.....IMHO opinion this approach is really disrespectful to women's skating. They would never make an ad with guy skaters who can barely ollie. So why do it for women? especially now when women's skating is progressing so much. they are trying so hard to be progressive that it actually becomes the opposite.

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2023, 03:41:11 AM »
Ad is lame, as a female skater I'd really like to see good female skaters featured for once, not pretty insta girls who can kinda 5050, but I also know that ad isn't for me at all sadly despite who is featured. Also I understand the hype on this mash up but it's easily the ugliest SB shoe by a long shot. Skating in timberlands looks cooler and less jarring somehow.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

sle_epy

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2023, 03:42:08 AM »

this is an even worse ad.....IMHO opinion this approach is really disrespectful to women's skating. They would never make an ad with guy skaters who can barely ollie. So why do it for women? especially now when women's skating is progressing so much. they are trying so hard to be progressive that it actually becomes the opposite.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2023, 06:00:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Maybe women/girls don’t view skating through the same lens as men/boys do where everything is a competition to do the best trick, etc.    Maybe they kind of get it more than us that skating is just about hanging out with your friends and doing what you love to do regardless of skill level and that’s the lifestyle they’re selling.   

Everything used to be directly marketed to you, get used to it not being the case anymore

sle_epy

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2023, 06:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Maybe women/girls don’t view skating through the same lens as men/boys do where everything is a competition to do the best trick, etc.    Maybe they kind of get it more than us that skating is just about hanging out with your friends and doing what you love to do regardless of skill level and that’s the lifestyle they’re selling.

Everything used to be directly marketed to you, get used to it not being the case anymore

As a female who has fun with her friends and also cares about her skill level and getting better I'd like to see more women featured who skate well. Why can't women have a similar culture to men in skating in that regard?

My friends (male and female) don't see it as a best trick competition ever but we def care about our skills levels and pushing it. It doesn't seem like women doing that get the same type of shine in ads etc like this. Even just a proper popped ollie would be nice. It's not asking for much.

The worst part is that they literally don't care about my portion of the female demographic in skating. It's a poor representation of what the best women have to offer. If mainstream male skate advertising became all about no name cute guys skating who you can't look to for inspiration as someone who's worked really hard to be proper etc men would be upset too.

Def agree with oldiebutfrenchie and the women I skate with would mostly as well. On a local level, I'd say the difference between men and women is that regardless of skill level, we are willing to skate with any other women who are throwing themselves at stuff and care about improving and have a passion for it. I don't see that necessarily amongst men nearly as often.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:26:12 AM by Eivetsskates »

Creachteach

• Rep: 110
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2023, 06:25:52 AM »
Growing up in DC, I would see kids at this skill level or lower skating in their Jordans all the time.

You write that, as if skating is all about abilities and progression n shit.
I believe a lot of people just skate for fun.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2023, 06:36:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea.. as a society we have evolved past the point of airbag technology in shoes, all that shit is achievable with an insole nowadays,  I skated half cabs and accels growing up, I got the K1s but I got the pair without the airbag, I don’t jump down shit though
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2023, 06:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea.. as a society we have evolved past the point of airbag technology in shoes, all that shit is achievable with an insole nowadays,  I skated half cabs and accels growing up, I got the K1s but I got the pair without the airbag, I don’t jump down shit though

they removed the airbag in the "full" part of the shoe that a normal 4 has and it's now only the heel, so your foot sits lower and there's more flex in the sole, which is part of what makes it the SB while still holding true to the 4 design.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2023, 07:16:29 AM »

Everything used to be directly marketed to you, get used to it not being the case anymore[\b]
This.
Skating can be whatever anyone wants, don’t expect an entire industry to follow the same plan.
Plenty of amazing skating out there to watch. Don’t expect everything to look the same.
This is why both April and Frog exist.
Glad I don’t have a blanket expectation of everything I enjoy in my life to only be at the highest level ever.
And I don’t feel inclined to comment or make sure everyone knows my take. I just let people do what they want. There is a market for most everything.
More power to everyone finding something that inspires them.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2023, 07:25:50 AM »
The ad for the first skateable Jordan 4 should have been some grimy east coast 90s street Shit.  None of the ads for this showcase that, and it’s a big missed opportunity. 

Also, the shoe should have been in more traditional colors (black and red, white and red).   Wtf is up with the green and white?  It looks fine, but that have been like the 5th color way, not the introduction of the shoe.  The whole launch has no coherence and feels inauthentic.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

switchfakie

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2023, 07:30:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

As a female who has fun with her friends and also cares about her skill level and getting better I'd like to see more women featured who skate well. Why can't women have a similar culture to men in skating in that regard?

My friends (male and female) don't see it as a best trick competition ever but we def care about our skills levels and pushing it. It doesn't seem like women doing that get the same type of shine in ads etc like this. Even just a proper popped ollie would be nice. It's not asking for much.

The worst part is that they literally don't care about my portion of the female demographic in skating. It's a poor representation of what the best women have to offer. If mainstream male skate advertising became all about no name cute guys skating who you can't look to for inspiration as someone who's worked really hard to be proper etc men would be upset too.

Def agree with oldiebutfrenchie and the women I skate with would mostly as well. On a local level, I'd say the difference between men and women is that regardless of skill level, we are willing to skate with any other women who are throwing themselves at stuff and care about improving and have a passion for it. I don't see that necessarily amongst men nearly as often.

i left a nasty comment on this video when it dropped because i didnt read the description which explains everything

this is a collaboration with a company that tries to make it easier for BEGINNERS to meetup and skate together

its not a conversation about women vs men, this video is intentionally showing bad skating because its trying to promote beginners to continue skating

i agree its a dumb video & anybody who genuinely likes skating will continue with or without support from others, but yall have missed the point of it completely

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2023, 07:32:57 AM »
The ad for the first skateable Jordan 4 should have been some grimy east coast 90s street Shit.  None of the ads for this showcase that, and it’s a big missed opportunity. 

Also, the shoe should have been in more traditional colors (black and red, white and red).   Wtf is up with the green and white?  It looks fine, but that have been like the 5th color way, not the introduction of the shoe.  The whole launch has no coherence and feels inauthentic.

Well, it’s being released on St Patrick’s Day.   They’re not hanging a bell on that fact, but it’s gotta be someone intentional   

white and green seems to be shaping up to be a trend colorway this year. 

When have they ever just copied a pre-existing colorway of a shoe?    There have been a handful of AJ1 SB iterations that are a lot more out there than this very normal and very understated colorway

sle_epy

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2023, 07:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

i left a nasty comment on this video when it dropped because i didnt read the description which explains everything

this is a collaboration with a company that tries to make it easier for BEGINNERS to meetup and skate together

its not a conversation about women vs men, this video is intentionally showing bad skating because its trying to promote beginners to continue skating

i agree its a dumb video & anybody who genuinely likes skating will continue with or without support from others, but yall have missed the point of it completely

Fair but my point stands about the differences in advertising between sexes.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2023, 07:45:18 AM »
don't give an F about Jordans, but if my shop can get an easy profit off it to normies, why not
That's how I'm feeling.

I think they're dope too and would def skate a pair