Author Topic: 180s, heelflips, and the fresh v hesh continuum  (Read 2532 times)

conan777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: 180s, heelflips, and the fresh v hesh continuum
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2023, 03:28:25 AM »
I can barely do a backside 180 on flat but I have a decent backside flip and back heel. My frontside flips are pathetic and I have never landed a front heel that wasn't 90% pivot. I'm a lifelong hesher but my skating is definitely more on the fresh side due to me being too scared to jump down anything even remotely big. I forget what my point even is but I came here to post something or other

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2023, 06:19:52 AM »
Here's the weird thing for me. I focused on landing a kickflip for so long that heelflips were ignored until way later. It took me over a year to kickflip meanwhile heelflips seemed to come way more easily and my heelflips are much more solid. I also gave up on backside 180's before I even tried them more than a handful of times and I'm just now starting to get them decent. I have way better front shuvs than pop shuvs, so my skate wiring feels like a lot of ignored tricks that I would've actually been good at had I just tried them instead. Who knows.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:09 AM »
All this hesh vs fresh stuff is really funny in hindsight.  It kinda makes me miss IPath for some reason.

I’ve been missing IPath a lot lately,  I think I’m having a midlife crisis or some shit

This is it. Nate Jones was neither hesh nor fresh. Reject the binary and follow JAH

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 09:14:16 AM by exlurker »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 08:52:46 AM »
What was Stereo era Ethan Fowler skatingwise and stylewise? Fresh or hesh? Whatever he was is what I am, stuck with his style ever since I first saw his Tincan part years ago, it just had that much of an affect on me. Same style of tricks and skating, blank tees, 874 dickies, old skools.

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 02:59:24 AM »
Kickflips and fs 180s came first for me, however I hate how fs 180s look so I never really worked on them much past being proficient. Heels came really easy but bs 180s have been a three year battle that I think I finally won. That said I'm way closer to clean bs flips than fs flips by a mile. Oddly I don't think it's an indication of an inability to fs 180 well, or of focusing on bs 180s because I've abandoned them and revisited them often until lately when I said enough is enough and figured them out. Personally I'd say my style is fresh and I'm drawn more to tech skating than anything. What grinds are fresh versus hesh?
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -380
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 08:39:35 AM »
Maybe Oski is a current Hesh/Fresh? He skates a lot of vert and transition and has a pony tail; sometimes he wears basketball shorts…he also skates street on normal shaped decks with signature dunks and big boys.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 08:45:08 AM »
So was Lindsey Robertson fresh the whole time?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 12:22:54 PM »
 i skate exactly like dan drehobl and i sleep next to my wife and cat

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 05:04:05 PM »
Heelflips and bs 180s definitely require less effort for me.  I tend to think a lot of heelflip variations are rather unsightly compared to their kickflip counterparts in spite of having a lot of heelflip tricks in my bag. Like I can consistently flip lasers, but it's not exactly one I like doing as they just look bloated for lack of a better word.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 05:22:13 PM »
All the kids from broken homes are better at backside 180s and heelflips and all the kids from the gated communities are all about frontside 180d and kickflips before their moms have to pick them up for their travel lacrosse team tourneys.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uncle Guss

• Rep: -3
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2023, 09:09:41 PM »
based on this analysis where do fs heels stand on the hash to fresh spectrum? is this paradox the reason front heels are so god damn difficult?

Bailedsweeper

• Rep: -2
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2023, 09:35:23 PM »
Heelflips were the first flip trick I learned but eventually found my kfs and fs anything were naturally better. Hesh law skull fist rules

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2023, 09:36:34 PM »
what does it mean when you landed a varial flip and double kickflip before you ever learned kickflips back when you were sixteen years old and then never landed either of those again?