Author Topic: the banks are out of money  (Read 1948 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: the banks are out of money
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2023, 02:24:29 PM »
Guys, relax, we can just print more money.  Problem solved.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »
Guys, relax, we can just print more money.  Problem solved.

A good homie hooked it up with a couple pairs of blazer mids and a pair of 440 highs. After wearing vans most of my sk8 lyfe, my feet feel risky and rich!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2023, 05:35:00 PM »
Kinda wack how things just keep getting a little bit worse all the time. i suppose it's better than things getting a lot worse all at once but it just makes everything feel hopeless

Everything stays the same but somehow gets worse.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 06:10:45 PM »
This has been long time coming, but this was all planned and is all by design.  Notice all the food processing plants burning down, train derailments, the hordes of “migrants” flooding the border, etc.?  Hope you all have been stocking up on non perishable food, survival supplies, etc.  Get right with God.

realistically i don't think we'll go into a survival situation any time soon. i think things will just get shittier and shittier until life is so unbearable the people DEMAND some kind of novel political solution, which will be something on either the extreme left or  extreme right. but that's probably a decade away, i think we have a while longer of simmering before the pot boils over.

always a good idea to stock up on food though.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2023, 06:16:09 PM »
This has been long time coming, but this was all planned and is all by design.  Notice all the food processing plants burning down, train derailments, the hordes of “migrants” flooding the border, etc.?  Hope you all have been stocking up on non perishable food, survival supplies, etc.  Get right with God.

Oh to yearn for annihilation.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2023, 06:54:07 PM »
https://youtu.be/oHjDCC6Vigc

Worth watching if, like me, you don't know what the hell's going on.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2023, 07:33:40 PM »
This is about the extent of my understanding of the situation:

https://youtu.be/Bzz8BvaQL9Q

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2023, 01:22:36 PM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2023, 01:58:40 PM »
SVB apparently didn't follow follow basic banking rules and then announced it in the most baffling way possible and caused their own classic bank run and First Republic is looking like it was probably criminal to have failed the way it did. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the principals were diverting a ton of money to themselves on that one.

The major banks and lenders are still extremely well capitalized including liquidity. This is basically the equivalent of saying skate trucks are doomed because Lurpiv was a failure or some shit

2 weeks later and all i can say is you were totally right. you clearly know what youre talking about.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2023, 09:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
SVB apparently didn't follow follow basic banking rules and then announced it in the most baffling way possible and caused their own classic bank run and First Republic is looking like it was probably criminal to have failed the way it did. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the principals were diverting a ton of money to themselves on that one.

The major banks and lenders are still extremely well capitalized including liquidity. This is basically the equivalent of saying skate trucks are doomed because Lurpiv was a failure or some shit
[close]

2 weeks later and all i can say is you were totally right. you clearly know what youre talking about.

Lurpiv is coming back though, so…