Author Topic: Dating other skaters  (Read 872 times)

sle_epy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Dating other skaters
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:48:40 PM »
Would you date another skater? Why or why not? It seems like a lot of people prefer to keep their skating separate from their love life.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Dating other skaters
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 09:44:14 PM »
Yes have but I think it's same the main concern of dating a coworker, family friend etc that if/when it goes bad they are already too connected to your life. If they live near you and have heaps of mutual friends you're probably going to end up seeing them half the time you go skate.
But on the other hand that still often is what happens with non skateboard partners anyway

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 10:00:01 PM »
I’d have to see their set up first…

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 10:52:02 PM »
not enough 21-45 year old women skate.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 11:22:50 PM »
What wheelbase does this potential partner ride, and how do their pants fit?
I’m going to need the important details before I can make an advised decision.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 11:58:40 PM »
Imagine dating someone who wore cooler pants than you

fuck

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 04:19:54 AM »
No but a filmer.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 04:49:55 AM »
Do a couple kickflips then go catch a romcom and make kissyfaces in the back of the movie theatre…  Sounds like heaven.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sle_epy

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 05:35:26 AM »
What wheelbase does this potential partner ride, and how do their pants fit?
I’m going to need the important details before I can make an advised decision.

Sub 14, vintage baggy

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 03:18:12 PM »
My buddy married this gal who he said “ dooooood she skates.” This is the guy who always brought his gf to the spot for no reason. They never filmed, just sat there shifting the vibe or making sure we didnt drink too many 40s or whatever. But his wife owns a long board. She dont skate, she cant even stand on the thing ha ha ha

But if i was a kid again, it would be cool to have a gf that skated. Now though, unless Nora wanted to be my sugar mama, im trying to skate alone
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 08:48:18 PM »
I wouldn’t prefer it.  All my hobbies are things that can be done solo, not by design, but I’m sure as a result of personality traits.  I really like doing these things alone as much as I like doing them with other people, meaning, I like being able to grab my board and go away from all people in my daily life and be immersed in a passion; escape.  I would not want someone reading into/ taking personally that I don’t want to skate with them.  I much prefer having a partner who has their own different passions, but shares some of the same casual interest.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2023, 10:31:46 PM »
I have dated two different girls that skated, and had a short lived fling with another. We were teenagers in each situation. I don’t think any of them skate anymore, but it’s hard to say because I lost touch with all of them over a decade ago. It was never weird being on a session together and it wasn’t weird after things ended. Recently I tried to date this rollerskate babe a couple months ago, but it didn’t work out in my favor
fuck you bama

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 10:09:54 AM »
I'd be down to date a woman who skates. I think it could be a fun thing to share.

The only issue I could foresee is a bit of insecurity around not being the best skater or coolest dude at the park.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sle_epy

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 10:13:23 AM »
I'd be down to date a woman who skates. I think it could be a fun thing to share.

The only issue I could foresee is a bit of insecurity around not being the best skater or coolest dude at the park.

Would you have to be better than her? I dated a guy for a hot second and I think it bothered him that I had more tricks / potential than him. For me it wasn't that, it's that his style was pretty wack imo. He had pirate legs on everything.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 11:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would you have to be better than her? I dated a guy for a hot second and I think it bothered him that I had more tricks / potential than him. For me it wasn't that, it's that his style was pretty wack imo. He had pirate legs on everything.

I'd be fine with her being better than me for sure. I def had a crush on a lady who ripped at the local park.

It'd be more of me being obviously lesser than the other dudes at the park. I feel like she'd be like, "Damn why I am with the runt of the litter?" I've had GFs hang out at the park and they knew I wasn't the best, but without being a skater they didn't realize how bad I was for someone who has skated for 20+ years  ;D

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 04:39:10 AM »
I did back in the day. It was aiit. The only weird moment was when we broke up. Just awkward for like 2 days then aiit again. Was like “yo wanna grind? But not like that”. We are still friends years later