Author Topic: What trucks brand Nyjah skates?  (Read 7320 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Re: What trucks brand Nyjah skates?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2023, 09:35:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I did a little digging and it appears his set up is

Disorder deck
Titan-Ti Lite trucks
Speed Demons wheels
Lucky bearings
[close]

Titan ti-lite is before my time. I remember my older brother getting sets of those talking about how great they are and why that is why they broke so easily. Hella light but seeing him come home with shattered truck hangars. Only still to get another pair next weekend.

Early 2000 a.c. vibes here.

To be fair, early 2000s quality control was virtually non existent.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2023, 10:00:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
- Do you want me to officially say i ride for your brand ?
- Yes why not ?
- Ok, i'll do it for this amount
- No thanks
- Fair enough, i'll still use them and won't talk about it, your loss
[close]
Pretty much. Makes me wonder if most sponsored skaters are getting paid or just getting free products. Like I’m talking about the ones without signature gear. I imagine just a random, mid-tier pro isn’t making much.
[close]

for trucks and outside of some photo incentives, nothing
Probably just different depending on who it is. Funny reminds me of when shinpei Ueno didn't even know he was sponsored by them so can't be a whole lot of money (or any) for some riders
https://www.instagram.com/p/COsOfdmFYzd/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2023, 11:02:08 PM »
Weren't basically all the dudes on Silver actually skating Thunders lol? I remember Gallant saying that at some point.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 12:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He said in a setup video that he likes to be able to ride whatever he wants. But he skates thunders.
[close]
I wonder if Thunder just can’t afford him lol. He doesn’t seem like the type of guy who has truck madness.
[close]
Him and Koston confuse me with their truck sponsors. Both ride Thunder and Venture consistently but haven’t been added to the teams.

Koston had a Royal ad fakie fs krook that LA rail and riding ventures

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 12:12:49 AM »
Monster Trucks.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 01:10:49 AM »
It wouldn't be worth the hassle for him to have any responsibilities for the comparatively pissy amount of money they'd offer a rich dickhead like that. 

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 08:01:18 AM »
Leticia Bufoni is the female Nyjah (all about the money) and it appears that she also has no truck sponsor. Both have their own board brands too. So it’s all about money. They probably want big checks to ride for companies and said companies are like, “Nah, we’re gonna sell trucks regardless.”

With that said, Tony Hawk still rides for Independent. Idk, if I were them I’d just get one and take money from royalties on my signature trucks. Just seems weird being that good and not having sponsors for every part of a skateboard 🤷🏿‍♂️

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 08:37:05 AM »
Leticia Bufoni is the female Nyjah (all about the money) and it appears that she also has no truck sponsor. Both have their own board brands too. So it’s all about money. They probably want big checks to ride for companies and said companies are like, “Nah, we’re gonna sell trucks regardless.”

With that said, Tony Hawk still rides for Independent. Idk, if I were them I’d just get one and take money from royalties on my signature trucks. Just seems weird being that good and not having sponsors for every part of a skateboard 🤷🏿‍♂️
I think she got on Indy kinda recently

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 09:28:57 AM »
In fairness Tony Hawk gives away his set-up like once a week, probably goes threw more trucks than anyone else..

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 11:31:56 AM »
I would sell out so fast to Silver just for a box of their ratchet tools

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2023, 03:05:55 PM »

Worst truck ever ,i remember that i bought a pair at almost 70$ at that time it was the most expensive truck in the Shop and the kingping broke in the third day of skating them

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2023, 04:40:58 PM »
Whilst on Element team mate Bam Magera told a young Jah he's Nyjah Huston he could do what he wants.  Whilst respecting Bams huge income he chose to be only 25% "i can do what I want" and used that theology not to be obliged in the Truck department of sponsorship.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2023, 05:59:29 PM »

Damn that's harsh AF. I haven't heard anything about her abusing anyone except Kelvin or whatever. I heard she suplexed him at the plan b park.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2023, 09:52:17 PM »

Disorder deck
Titan-Ti Lite trucks
Speed Demons wheels
Lucky bearings

Black magic grip
Pig skewers hardware
Lucky risers

greenbeans

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2023, 11:56:38 PM »
Brings good memories talking about black magic

greenbeans

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 12:00:14 AM »
I’ve never really thought about this till someone made this thread.

Now this has been brought up, who knows how much he grinds down his trucks.

Personally, I would dislike truck sponsors because I don’t really need to change those often. Unless someone could pay, I would be kind of down if I had the opportunity

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 05:51:12 AM »
The truck game has to be weird because Lucas Puig is sponsored by Thunder and is on the team site but on instagram he constantly skates Indy’s. Andrew Wilson is on Venture, had a colorway, is on Krooked now yet I still see him skate Indy’s.

I don't use instagram but I sure did not know that Puig is riding Indys

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2023, 05:57:48 AM »
This got me thinking, I wonder how many skaters ride trucks that aren’t from their sponsor. I know there was an old video with Bam and he had the wrong tricks, and Chris Roberts always says his Thunders are Indys for some reason lol

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2023, 08:21:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Worst truck ever ,i remember that i bought a pair at almost 70$ at that time it was the most expensive truck in the Shop and the kingping broke in the third day of skating them

Didn't pay 70$ but had the same experience.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2023, 08:28:46 AM »
Now this has been brought up, who knows how much he grinds down his trucks.

In the recent Thrasher Interview with Gerwer Tony Hawk said he's become much more accustomed to riding brand new trucks than broken-in ones because he always gives away his full setup after every demo, contest etc. I wouldn't be surprised if more pros of that very upper echelon did and felt the same. Plus, afaik Nyjah rides his trucks pretty friggin tight anyways, so there's no real downside to riding new ones all the time.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2023, 09:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote
The truck game has to be weird because Lucas Puig is sponsored by Thunder and is on the team site but on instagram he constantly skates Indy’s. Andrew Wilson is on Venture, had a colorway, is on Krooked now yet I still see him skate Indy’s.
[close]

I don't use instagram but I sure did not know that Puig is riding Indys
There is an old transworld set up video I would constantly watch because he has a cool accent where he has Indy’s on but I think they were stage 10s. The ones he rides could be the new Mids.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2023, 12:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Guy - get it - there is no money in hardware.

Trucks are only bought by skateboarders - and we usually didn’t buy them because Hawk, Koston or Nyjah ride them. This guys are marketing tools to sell stuff to peoples outside of skateboarding like  video games, Jordan 4, or energy drinks.
This high known faces who represent skateboarding to a further target group don’t do brand endorsement for small money. How much they need to pay for trucks each year? One set - they get it for free anyway. But how much they coud get out of a track sponsorship - one photoshoot for a milk commercial - or the Navy, or some fastfood chain - is more money you can do with a truck sponsor in a life time.
[close]

as compared to skateboards, or skate wheels?

You have seen my there is no money in hardware.

But there is a little different - I go through 6-8 boards per year - and ride my trucks 2 years.
May other people don’t ride the truck to the final end - or don’t go through so manny decks each year.
But just my skateshop experience- you sell 10 times more decks then truck set ups.

And trucks I don’t decide because of the team.
Don’t know who is on thunder or Indy right now - and I am a nerd. Choose my truck because of the geometry/ feel.

Boards for sure shape - but also design and pro Team of the company is a factor.

I am sure plenty Kids bought Element because of Bam and Nyjah.
Coud pay thunder Nyjah some money - yes - but woud they do more turnover because they sponsor Nyjah?
Don’t think so. And woud Thunder pay Nyjah so much that he really woud care about… no - so this deal is for broth parties not a priority.

jimlee

• Rep: 2
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »

Disorder deck
Titan-Ti Lite trucks
Speed Demons wheels
Lucky bearings

Thanks for posting his set up!

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2023, 01:12:46 PM »
Heard Lurpiv is knocking Send manors door

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2023, 01:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guy - get it - there is no money in hardware.

Trucks are only bought by skateboarders - and we usually didn’t buy them because Hawk, Koston or Nyjah ride them. This guys are marketing tools to sell stuff to peoples outside of skateboarding like  video games, Jordan 4, or energy drinks.
This high known faces who represent skateboarding to a further target group don’t do brand endorsement for small money. How much they need to pay for trucks each year? One set - they get it for free anyway. But how much they coud get out of a track sponsorship - one photoshoot for a milk commercial - or the Navy, or some fastfood chain - is more money you can do with a truck sponsor in a life time.
[close]

as compared to skateboards, or skate wheels?
[close]

You have seen my there is no money in hardware.

And trucks I don’t decide because of the team.
Don’t know who is on thunder or Indy right now - and I am a nerd. Choose my truck because of the geometry/ feel.

I do pay attention to truck teams more than I should. I won't try trucks just solely because of a pro, but if a specific pro has the same body type and skates the same type of terrain I do, it would make me look more into a specific truck model. But maybe that's weird behavior.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2023, 11:55:53 PM »
How much do you think someone of Nyjah's level asks for promoting trucks? $2k a month, $5k a month? $50k a month?

Plus a box of trucks to actually skate, plus apparel, plus photo incentive.....

I bet the negotiations with the agent are pretty intense and for a brand it's easier to just give them a box, whenever they ask and just leave it at that.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

marcusbutler

• Rep: 31
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »
I checked the disorder website. He sells the actual board he skates. The website says you will be skating the exact setup as nyjah if you through a certain thunder truck underneath. https://disorderskateboards.com/blogs/news/the-history-of-nyjahs-custom-disorder-skateboard
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Ghost Face

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2023, 05:34:07 AM »
I can see Nyjah's agent typing an email to Thunder right now saying "My client's name has been associated with your brand. Pay up"
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2023, 05:53:55 AM »
Looks like he’s not on ricta officially anymore either. They couldn’t pay him that much

Ghost Face

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2023, 06:35:04 AM »
Looks like he’s not on ricta officially anymore either. They couldn’t pay him that much

He's been off Ricta for over 2 yrs now, might even be pre-pandemic.