Author Topic: DIY spots in Denver or surrounding areas?  (Read 1215 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
DIY spots in Denver or surrounding areas?
« on: March 18, 2023, 04:15:56 AM »
Moving out to Denver around June and would like to get myself psyched up for skating a little diy spot anyone know of any?
Dueces Bitch's

himlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: DIY spots in Denver or surrounding areas?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
there's no diy parks in denver, (anymore) but boulder has one. greenblock is the name.

Drangus

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 10:19:15 AM »
Barnum park has tennis courts that have acouple obstacles  built. Me and some homies are in the process of building a quarter but m-f 9-5 has been hindering our efforts. last weekend was fuckin mad windy too so it was a no work day.

Seen video of the boulder one, it looks really sick. I guess the barnum park has had more obstacles before but they were demolished sometime in the past. It looks like the current obstacles have been there for a minute tho.

Its a ledge, manny pad, couple curbs, bank to curb, roller bump with transition on one side.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 01:10:37 PM »
It's got spots that are old and blown out, but if you don't care about filming nbds, @denver_spot_locator on insta has a bunch of stuff to check out.

Streebo

• Rep: -30
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »
4809 Race St, Denver, CO 80216

you will thank me later

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 02:56:10 PM »

you will thank me later

If you think that park is hot check out promise park

That's the whole skatepark.
I used to skate there when I lived nearby, mainly for the flat ground at the basketball court.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 03:35:48 PM by Jebediah »

Drangus

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 12:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote

you will thank me later
[close]

I used to skate there when I lived nearby, mainly for the flat ground at the basketball court.

I saw that on google maps the other day. I laughed pretty hard and showed my partner. Its just two skinny ramps

passthegeritol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 04:06:35 PM »
There was a diy on York street for years but the land was bought.  Stuff doesn’t last out here because property is so valuable and there is so much development going on.  On a positive note, there are over 200 parks in the state.  Over 30 in the denver metro area and most are pretty good.  Check out speakeasy skate for photos and maps too everything.
Cheers

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023, 02:50:52 PM »
I’m going to be living in wheat ridge 45th area. Close to a dispensary near there.

The aurora park looks awesome and I’m psyched for that one.

I guess my interest in diy parks or spots is I never really liked skate parks if that makes sense?

Sure they’re great if you live down the street and have nothing else, this is where my age is showing parks we’re a paid for thing and overwhelming at times.

Frankly I’d rather help out at a diy spot so I can feel accomplished and learning more about building a ledge etc.
Dueces Bitch's

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023, 03:29:35 PM »
I’m going to be living in wheat ridge 45th area. Close to a dispensary near there.

I guess my interest in diy parks or spots is I never really liked skate parks if that makes sense?

Sure they’re great if you live down the street and have nothing else, this is where my age is showing parks we’re a paid for thing and overwhelming at times.

Frankly I’d rather help out at a diy spot so I can feel accomplished and learning more about building a ledge etc.
yo I got you on the backyard diy scene when you get here. Gots some pools too

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023, 03:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote

you will thank me later
[close]

dog food park is a pretty fun pre fab after you get burnt out from giant pristine parks. I used to live in Littleton and all the parks there kinda suck.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 07:17:02 PM »
Small street-oriented one at 81st and Sheridan.

Super shitty but fun barrier behind the old check cashing building on 88th and Washington.

Not a DIY, but in that same area there's a pretty fun ditch/hip spot at Northglenn Ambulance off 105th and Washington

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2023, 12:21:12 PM »

There's a slab around 80th and Sheridan that has survived for about a year so far with a couple skate obstacles. It has some barriers and little DIY jibs.

I've built some obstacles elsewhere and am down to make some more.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2023, 10:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yo I got you on the backyard diy scene when you get here. Gots some pools too
Word man I’m down, I’m moving this Monday morning to Colorado.

I’ll hit you up when I’m there and get a chance to skate, gotta get some things done and let the dust settle.
Dueces Bitch's

Bummer Vacation

• Rep: 12
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 04:27:11 AM »
Is the Boulder Ditch still around? I skated that almost a decade ago. It was challenging but still fun IMO.

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2023, 01:53:08 PM »
As others mentioned, there's a DIY kind of just starting on 80th and Sheridan.  It has some jersey barriers with qp's up to them, curbs, flatbars and looks like some homies just built a cinder block ledge there.

You might want to check out Northside skatepark in Fort Collins, pretty sure it started as a DIY and is now an official park.
https://speakeasyskate.com/northside/

Since you're moving to Wheat Ridge, I would check out tipple nipple park in Arvada, it's definitely got a DIY feel to it and probably close by for you:
https://speakeasyskate.com/skyline/

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 11:53:23 AM »
Also we have other skateshops besides emage & 303
Check out Chain reaction, bluecar, and 720

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 12:03:55 PM »
Went to that triple nipple Arvada park really cool park as well as the diy off 80th and Sheridan.

I like that feeling of low key parks that you can enjoy without feeling rushed or being swarmed by others around.
Dueces Bitch's

Spliffluvr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 03:37:14 PM »
Anyone got a pin for that diy off 80th and sheridan? im down south so I'd like to know exactly where to go before I make that haul