Author Topic: DUEL AT DIABLO - 1986 VERT SKATE CONTEST  (Read 535 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
DUEL AT DIABLO - 1986 VERT SKATE CONTEST
« on: March 19, 2023, 01:08:56 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5J3BZHw1WQ&list=WL&index=7&t=230s

Absolutely love this shit.  Remember hearing about it, but never saw the footage.  Lots of pros at the pre-peak of their fame.  Cab, Tony Hawk, Lance, Chris Miller, Bill Danforth, Roscopp, Ken Park, Magnusson.  All the dudes who hit the jackpot for having pro models out at the right time.

Awesome footage, totally didn't realise how much of a ripper Danforth was on vert.  We just remember him for having the weird 'Ken Doll' arms in Savannah Slammah.  Magnusson tries a super high 540. Chris Miller & Cab look like they have helium in their bones, floatin' about.

Anyway, love getting a sec to sit down and watch this stuff, just such a nice vibe.  Love to see it surface from the abyss.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
Re: DUEL AT DIABLO - 1986 VERT SKATE CONTEST
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 01:49:45 AM »
Not very into contests but I've always found the 80's ones super fun to watch. Cool to see Grosso, Hosoi and Chris Miller footage I hadn't seen before

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 06:29:25 PM »
They had this plus 98 in the shade at my neighborhood video store in the late 80s. Along with the Powell videos, Wheels of Fire and Psycho skate. I swear I was the only person who borrowed them.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 12:57:20 AM »
They had this plus 98 in the shade at my neighborhood video store in the late 80s. Along with the Powell videos, Wheels of Fire and Psycho skate. I swear I was the only person who borrowed them.

Yeah, the Bones Brigade vids would get racked, but Curb Dogs and Savanah Slammah hung around.  I'd rent Savannah Slammah alll the time tilll we figured out how to dub it.  Never saw this one back in the day.  Such a rad time capsule and Hosoi & Miller in their prime are wild to watch.