Author Topic: zion effs on baker?  (Read 5254 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
zion effs on baker?
« on: March 19, 2023, 02:30:01 AM »
recently quit santa cruz, skated some violet boards, but some of his most recent posts are on baker boards. baker follows him, reynolds comments on his posts all the time, all signs point to baker.

http://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp8mj4eA5ep/?igshid=YmRhY2Q4MGU=
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

jsettle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
Re: zion effs on baker?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 06:11:27 AM »
Saw that as well. It makes alot of sense with the history of baker grabbing up and coming Florida Skaters. There is also that little kid Noah that deathwish put on as am. I think he grew up with Zion and they are really good homies so it would make sense to have them both come up together and go on trips together under the bakerboys camp. I back Zion's skating alot. He seems like he is going to be a really sick dude and already is getting a good style.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 06:53:40 AM »
For maturity reasons I hope the Baker thing is a legit offer and he stays away from the Violet crew. Not every 14/15 year old needs to be around dudes smoking weed that heavy. To each their own and I partake with weed but I hope Strobeck doesn't mold him into another Supreme/super stoner kid.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 07:34:07 AM »
For maturity reasons I hope the Baker thing is a legit offer and he stays away from the Violet crew. Not every 14/15 year old needs to be around dudes smoking weed that heavy. To each their own and I partake with weed but I hope Strobeck doesn't mold him into another Supreme/super stoner kid.
Because the Baker team will surely be abstaining from the green

Chickenlegs

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 09:40:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fore Sure, that was a crazy take, love it

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 09:46:19 AM »
His skating has been progressing a lot and his style is incredible for a little kid. I thought he was taking a page out of the Kader book with skating Violets and Bakers back n forth. Violet tagged him and his little brother on a story post the other day.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 10:02:54 AM »
could see him on snake farm

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 11:02:43 AM »
Really like his style and definitely has a lot of potential. Baker would be a good fit

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
Zion Effs is a sick name because it’s like oh that dude Zion f’s as in he has intercourse haha it’s pretty sick just wanted to share because that’s the first thing I thought of

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 02:39:30 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrHKY28p6HJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Of vans now too. Good shit, now that his style is more developed it’s a good time for him to be shedding his childhood sponsors. I imagine he’ll wind up on adidas, maybe new balance

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 02:48:27 PM »
Damn. Vans has been dropping a lot of their ams and newer pros.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 03:42:02 PM »

They fired hundreds of employees and have been hemorraging money.  I’m sure flow skaters are at the bottom of the totem pole over there 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

switchfakie

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023, 03:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2023, 11:16:14 PM »
efs*

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 02:31:39 AM »
Took me a while to realize this isn't about Zion wright and how he fucks with baker

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2023, 06:59:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They fired hundreds of employees and have been hemorraging money.  I’m sure flow skaters are at the bottom of the totem pole over there

From what I understand, they aren't hemorrhaging money so much as their growth has slowed, which is completely unacceptable in late-stage capitalism, so cuts must be made and must be made immediately.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2023, 03:14:17 PM »
 In this month’s Thrasher.  Pretty wild.

slimvanilla

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
In this month’s Thrasher.  Pretty wild.

uh oh. Strobeck's adding another 8 year old to creepily zoom in on and hangout with

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2023, 04:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
The difference being... The Violet/Supreme crew seems to turn a blind eye to the pothead lifestyle and even promote it, whereas Baker will drop you if smoking weed or any other BS takes precedence over skating... at least in more recent history.

icedancer

• Rep: -10
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2023, 05:22:52 PM »
An 8 year old being on a board company is so fucking weird to me. Let alone Violet.

fistful0dynamite

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2023, 06:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
The difference being... The Violet/Supreme crew seems to turn a blind eye to the pothead lifestyle and even promote it, whereas Baker will drop you if smoking weed or any other BS takes precedence over skating... at least in more recent history.
Something that also makes feel weird about them putting a kid on the team is that Strobeck seems to love romanticizing stuff like minors smoking. Dude seemed obsessed with getting Sean Pablo and Kader smoking on camera when they were 16/17 and had that weird clip in Cherry where the camera focuses on a girl who looked about 12 smoking. I also remember like a year after Pussy Gangster, Strobeck posted a video of one of the random kids who was in the video, now smoking and with a caption along the lines of "all grown up". Kid was still only like 13 or 14. Gives me a very creepy vibe that he likes to film this stuff so much
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 06:15:51 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

burntout

• Rep: -45
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2023, 07:49:23 PM »
Zion Effs is a sick name because it’s like oh that dude Zion f’s as in he has intercourse haha it’s pretty sick just wanted to share because that’s the first thing I thought of

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2023, 08:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

The distinction being ‘takes precedence’… Baker doesn’t care if you’re producing but when it gets in the way of you doing your job then yeah it’s an issue. Could say the same about most companies.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2023, 09:04:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

The distinction being ‘takes precedence’… Baker doesn’t care if you’re producing but when it gets in the way of you doing your job then yeah it’s an issue. Could say the same about most companies.
Pretty much. Paying people to just chill is enticing to riders at the beginning but good luck sustaining that. Ask LE for reference.