Author Topic: FUCKING AWESOME FUCKED UP  (Read 16669 times)

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: FUCKING AWESOME FUCKED UP
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 11:16:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well Mason got kicked off Former so....
[close]

How’d I miss this, was it in an interview? Always thought he was on HUF.
[close]
Formerly Former, formally kicked of.
Having déjà vu https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107866.0

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 11:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"you cant fire me if I quit!" - Mason ....

Seriously Former sucks. its so pretentious and contrived. The descriptions of each range sounds like some regurgitated Chat GPT question, it appeals maybe to surfers behind the current wave (no pun intended) and wanky art students and 5 years behind the times graphic designers who like triangles.

it looks like the kind of apparel you'd find some bloke in 90's style board shorts with his keys and giant wallet jangling in his side pocket while he does a frontside slashers in flip flops pushing mongo at the local skatepark because there is no swell today.

not sure who the fuck wants to get behind that....

reading this while wearing a former shirt ): actually upset because i spilled hot sauce on this shirt a few minutes ago

On the real though, not sure who you're referring to when you mention someone doing frontside slashes in a skatepark wearing flip-flops. I dunno if that's somebody you saw at venice park but i've never encountered anybody like this at a park before

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 01:10:57 AM »
FA has the best board graphics.

All them shits are straight up master pieces.

If FA fucked up id be the first to say it.

Idk why anyone would be  thinking so hard about the team and what not.

I also don’t know why y’all cling on to skateboarding culture so hard and have Karenesque takes. Terrible…

hl2

• Rep: -61
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2023, 01:19:07 AM »
All I'm saying is if Dill was Rocco, Gillete/Anderson/Silva would be on.
wow what a great opinion im so glad u r 500 posts into this awesome message board

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2023, 04:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
All I'm saying is if Dill was Rocco, Gillete/Anderson/Silva would be on.
[close]
wow what a great opinion im so glad u r 500 posts into this awesome message board

I found this post hurtful and I find you hard to deal with, with your cool little hurtful bully vibe going on. I think you should reassess how you talk to people online and strive to support rather than tear down Steve Rocco.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2023, 04:52:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t Carroll say no to a Dylan/AO company?
[close]
Not the worst call in hindsight. Crail took a big dip, AO didn’t do so hot owning a company and Dylan…well, you know.
[close]

"yeah fucking loser, that pussy died"

get the fuck outta here

Dawg read that again and tell me there's something to get pissed about. That one's on you.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2023, 04:55:24 AM »

I also don’t know why y’all cling on to skateboarding culture so hard and have Karenesque takes. Terrible…

Username checks out

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2023, 05:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously Former sucks. its so pretentious and contrived. The descriptions of each range sounds like some regurgitated Chat GPT question, it appeals maybe to surfers behind the current wave (no pun intended) and wanky art students and 5 years behind the times graphic designers who like triangles.

it looks like the kind of apparel you'd find some bloke in 90's style board shorts with his keys and giant wallet jangling in his side pocket while he does a frontside slashers in flip flops pushing mongo at the local skatepark because there is no swell today.

[close]

…What apparel brand is cool? I feel slap shits on clothing brands more than any other category lol. I mean I wear blank comfort colors or band tees, just interested in what is sick right now.

https://www.domesticsclothing.com/

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2023, 06:15:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

…What apparel brand is cool? I feel slap shits on clothing brands more than any other category lol. I mean I wear blank comfort colors or band tees, just interested in what is sick right now.
[close]

https://www.domesticsclothing.com/

hard agree

to be fair though most skate clothing companies suck, by that i mean companies that only sell clothing and no hard goods. i think dime and butter are cool, but other than that you're better off buying deck/wheel/truck/hardware company t-shirts and polar pants lol
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2023, 06:44:37 AM »
I think a fair amount of kids don’t know who the pros are on FA….

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2023, 06:53:25 AM »
FA/supreme fan boys are like the next step up of of skaters, right above mall brand skaters. aka pretty low on the totem pole

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2023, 07:06:04 AM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2023, 07:09:55 AM »
Benny is a golden video genius wash your posting fingers out.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2023, 07:33:23 AM »

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2023, 07:37:31 AM »
Benny is a golden video genius wash your posting fingers out.

1000%, in my opinion half the entertainment of FA/Hockey videos is Benny’s cracked out editing and filming.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 08:18:17 AM »
Still better than King.  FA and Hockey will be just fine.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 08:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

former is kinda wack from the skate side but if you're looking at it from the surf side its a good bit cooler. dane reynolds is making some of the best surf videos out lately under his chapter 11 series: https://chapter11.tv/

it's pretty typical, surf companies probably just shouldn't do skateboarding

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2023, 08:37:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Wienerboy

• Rep: -101
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I won't say that the graphics are masterpieces or anything, but this picture of KB's pro model does not refute the claim that the graphics are works of art.

Even if you don't like this collage graphic, it took a long ass time to make. Cutting out all those pictures of KB then organizing them like this? That takes time and skill and at least a little bit of artistry.

Compare that with computer graphics used to make even shittier product... I would still call Dill an artist with a clear aesthetic, even if it was ripped off from Dash Snow
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Leenwover

• Rep: -14
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2023, 08:52:06 AM »
Does it pay the bills ? Yea probly.
Does it inspire and help quality of life?

Probly not.

Fucking Drag

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2023, 09:18:19 AM »
Damn another thread that got me shook and questioning everything I know.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2023, 09:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I won't say that the graphics are masterpieces or anything, but this picture of KB's pro model does not refute the claim that the graphics are works of art.

Even if you don't like this collage graphic, it took a long ass time to make. Cutting out all those pictures of KB then organizing them like this? That takes time and skill and at least a little bit of artistry.

Compare that with computer graphics used to make even shittier product... I would still call Dill an artist with a clear aesthetic, even if it was ripped off from Dash Snow

Even if you don't like this macaroni necklace artwork, it took a long ass time to make. Picking out all those pieces of yummy uncooked pasta then organizing them like this? That takes time and skill and at least a little bit of artistry.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2023, 09:29:59 AM »
FA has the best shapes by far.

I just can’t justify dropping $75-80 regular price for a deck. I think they won a lot of people over with that $30 sale.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2023, 09:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How’d I miss this, was it in an interview? Always thought he was on HUF.
[close]
Formerly Former, formally kicked of.
[close]
Having déjà vu https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107866.0

Thanks! I must’ve missed or forgotten this thread. Just took a look at the Former website. The clothes didn’t look terrible but nothing really caught my eye that I wanted to buy. For FA/Hockey graphics I like most of them. And like mentioned above whether you’re stoked on the graphic or not they seem to be well done and made with quality. The KB collage took some time and thought to piece together and fits his personality pretty well. And correct me if I’m wrong they kinda popularized the collage, embossed, square/rectangle graphics in recent years. Not saying they were the first to ever do it but I definitely saw other companies jump on that trend after FA/Hockey.

Wienerboy

• Rep: -101
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2023, 09:35:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Even if you don't like this macaroni necklace artwork, it took a long ass time to make. Picking out all those pieces of yummy uncooked pasta then organizing them like this? That takes time and skill and at least a little bit of artistry.

Let's see you create a board graphic, foo. Would love to see your macaroni art
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2023, 09:50:30 AM »

I just can’t justify dropping $75-80 regular price for a deck. I think they won a lot of people over with that $30 sale.

I don't think selling boards at $30 direct on your website is how you get loyal customers who will buy boards at $80 going forward.

Looked like a cash grab to get them through a tight spot and clear out of some inventory.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2023, 09:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't think selling boards at $30 direct on your website is how you get loyal customers who will buy boards at $80 going forward.

Looked like a cash grab to get them through a tight spot and clear out of some inventory.

It was definitely that. I know some people who swear by the shapes and don’t mind paying the full price.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2023, 10:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You can boil and eat FA boards as well

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -62
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »
i think REAL sucks still and it would be sick if Ishod went there. Between him and Louie, they could produce an otherworldly amout of content and ads and stuff for them.

ishod puts out more stuff even now at this point in his career than all the swablos and KB and all the rest of those dorks have ever put out combined.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2023, 10:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You can boil and eat FA boards as well

Fucking Al Dente
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.