Author Topic: FUCKING AWESOME FUCKED UP  (Read 16695 times)

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
Re: FUCKING AWESOME FUCKED UP
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t k ow Gillette was having a renaissance. Thought he was kinda irrelevant, no?
[close]

He will be once versace kid nollie tres the spot from his thrasher cover
[close]

@versacekid420 you know the pressures on right? @Francis Xavier is in LA I think and is a master lensperson, if not an outright masterful director.

Anywho, on the Austyn thing, I had to dig up me playing Nostradamus from 2019. I stand by it still.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Austyn has no board sponsor, which is downright shameful... Soon no shoe sponsor as well. 
[close]

Id love to know why he left WKND.  None of those involved seem the type to air out their dirty laundry publicly (if there even is any), so I guess all one can do is speculate.  It seemed like a great fit, at least from the outside looking in.

I think it’d be kind of sick if he got on Heroin.
[close]

Austyn isn’t marketable,
change my mind.
[close]
[close]
is the pressure on or are the people putting up money getting cold feet because I’m not backing down? I can’t tell, but whenever it’s ready so am i.

Yea lemme know when you're in town, I'll film it.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2023, 04:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

“I want to move down to Miami or something "

Sean bringing the pipe confirmed
[close]
that 032c interview was actually pretty insightful. Suing the city of atlanta for 2 million because a cop was driving like an ass and shattered his tibia is nuts.
[close]

for anybody curious

https://032c.com/magazine/the-path-to-paradise-begins-in-hell-sean-pablo

damn bro that actually sucks ass. i usually could care less about interviews, but that sucks man - esp being off the board for so long bc some fuckface pig. hope he gets his bag

" He was trying to learn how to do an impossible, catch it mid-air, then turn it so the board does a 540, and then do a back 780. Nobody does that. There’s insane footage of him trying throughout his career. He almost landed it in a number of crazy spots, but he never got to do it because he passed away."

i'm feeling slow today, but what does this mean? what's a back 780?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2023, 06:10:21 PM »
I assume he meant 180 right? like an impossible biggerspin kind of thing.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2023, 01:00:14 AM »
Mike mo did it already

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2023, 06:41:19 AM »
just saw the holiday catalogue and no swan or louie decks to be found  :o

Depending on the drop, some pros may not have a board in that specific run. I am assuming that is what the case here is.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2023, 08:06:01 AM »
Reading that Sean Pablo bit and checking out the Paradise website...

I've got to say I've never had a web experience quite like this. lol It gets better with every refresh. Shitty merch non the less.

insouciant

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2023, 01:00:57 PM »
this is good... i like joe roberts:

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2023, 01:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depending on the drop, some pros may not have a board in that specific run. I am assuming that is what the case here is.

No AVE boards either. Doubt it means anything but it does seem weird to do KB and Sage boards but no Louie.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2023, 02:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

“I want to move down to Miami or something "

Sean bringing the pipe confirmed
[close]
that 032c interview was actually pretty insightful. Suing the city of atlanta for 2 million because a cop was driving like an ass and shattered his tibia is nuts.
[close]

for anybody curious

https://032c.com/magazine/the-path-to-paradise-begins-in-hell-sean-pablo

damn bro that actually sucks ass. i usually could care less about interviews, but that sucks man - esp being off the board for so long bc some fuckface pig. hope he gets his bag
[close]

" He was trying to learn how to do an impossible, catch it mid-air, then turn it so the board does a 540, and then do a back 780. Nobody does that. There’s insane footage of him trying throughout his career. He almost landed it in a number of crazy spots, but he never got to do it because he passed away."

i'm feeling slow today, but what does this mean? what's a back 780?

Damn so Swan was about to crack the code and then a cruel twist of fate snatched greatness from his inevitable destiny?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2023, 03:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No AVE boards either. Doubt it means anything but it does seem weird to do KB and Sage boards but no Louie.

For whatever reason only a few guys get a board per drop, it's been the case for years. Different to Hockey, which I think has been every guy gets a board every 4 months the entire time.

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2023, 06:30:15 AM »
I think a fair amount of kids don’t know who the pros are on FA….

When someone like BD is "pro" for FA who cares about any other actual pros on the team, or the company period? It's embarrassing honestly. Dog and pony show. You can't justify her status and it calls the entire operation into question.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

sle_epy

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2023, 06:32:33 AM »
FA has the best board graphics.

All them shits are straight up master pieces.

If FA fucked up id be the first to say it.

Idk why anyone would be  thinking so hard about the team and what not.

I also don’t know why y’all cling on to skateboarding culture so hard and have Karenesque takes. Terrible…

Justify BD pro model. That's a fuck up.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2023, 06:43:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When someone like BD is "pro" for FA who cares about any other actual pros on the team, or the company period? It's embarrassing honestly. Dog and pony show. You can't justify her status and it calls the entire operation into question.

Actually kids know who she is….if your target market is is kinda white dudes over 30..she’s the wrong choice…

Pro status is promotional, not professional….that said over the years culturally skaters used this status as a reward for progression…..it’s not that any longer and hasn’t been that for awhile….and I’m not mad at it….

sle_epy

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2023, 06:45:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Actually kids know who she is….if your target market is is kinda white dudes over 30..she’s the wrong choice…

Pro status is promotional, not professional….that said over the years culturally skaters used this status as a reward for progression…..it’s not that any longer and hasn’t been that for awhile….and I’m not mad at it….

Well, I'm not a 30 year old white guy so I stand by what I said. It's a disservice to women imo, as one, when there are more deserving and equally marketable female skaters of color out there. Plus her attitude is fucking terrible. She actually thinks she's good and deserves it. Apparently 5050 front shuv is setting the bar for female pros everywhere. Does she even have like, an advanced flip trick that looks refined? Nope, she sure does have a super steezy dab tho. She's def practiced that.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2023, 06:55:49 AM »
She’s not my favourite skater but I’ve been able to get by without it annoying the shit out of me….and for the most part I haven’t heard too many girls being overly critical of her so I’m just leaving it the fuck alone…. I don’t think the world needs me to police the equality of minority women’s skating and helping FA make better decisions….

Sure is fun to pick it apart though….

sle_epy

« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2023, 07:04:32 AM »
She’s not my favourite skater but I’ve been able to get by without it annoying the shit out of me….and for the most part I haven’t heard too many girls being overly critical of her so I’m just leaving it the fuck alone…. I don’t think the world needs me to police the equality of minority women’s skating and helping FA make better decisions….

Sure is fun to pick it apart though….

You're never going to see any females who rip with a public platform be critical of anything like that irl in 2023 because I guess literally nothing matters anymore.  Meanwhile we beat dill to death over every other decision he makes w FA. There are way sicker females of color who deserve the shine. She simply doesn't. Maybe it doesn't annoy you because she's doesn't represent your gender on a board and get showcased like she's core and rips. Also I can prob count on one hand the number of female skaters who comment on slap. I'm one, here's my critical opinion of her as a female who skates a ton and probably follows more female skaters than most dudes do for different reasons.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2023, 07:08:27 AM »
I’m stopping to listen…..you win….and welcome…
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:02:31 AM by j....soy..... »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2023, 09:42:52 AM »
What’s good with KRod tho? Idk anything about the kid other than he looks like he really hates skateboarding in all of his footage and that’s pretty funny.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2023, 10:10:10 AM »
What’s good with KRod tho? Idk anything about the kid other than he looks like he really hates skateboarding in all of his footage and that’s pretty funny.

Free max b

There was some article written as a bit of a puff piece posted on here not too long ago. A bunch of FA/Hockey affiliates talking about how it’s actually a good thing K Rod doesn’t get any footage. Seemed a bit desperate.

Doumbledoor

• Rep: -4
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2023, 11:25:04 AM »

Free max b
  I don’t think k rod wants to be in the spotlight or even be pro. Why he kinda quit poler then dill begged him to be on hockey and he’s kinda doing it for cherity. I could be wrong tho. K rods the goat tho in my opinion

Terminal

« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »
No matter how far up river you get, sooner or later you're gonna get washed back down

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2023, 03:24:59 PM »
If King fails, I would like to see Tyshawn on baker. Motivated skaters, rich history of core skating and he is a fan ofAndrew Reynolds - would be a great fit for him.

A company, Dill affiliated or not, of Louie, Curren, Mason, Jake Anderson, Ishod and Koston filmed by that Louie friend is a current dream of mine.

Brwnsuga907

• Rep: 6
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2023, 03:38:31 PM »
If Fucking Awesome has 1 million fans, I am one of them.
If Fucking Awesome has 5 fans, I am one of them.
If Fucking Awesome has 1 fan, that one is me.
If Fucking Awesome has no fans, that means I am no more on the Earth.
If world is against Fucking Awesome, I am against the world.
I love Fucking Awesome till my last breath.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2023, 05:00:31 PM »

Free max b

He’s also been dealing with what seems to be a nagging injury and it seems that some pros just don’t have the desire/ability to bounce back from certain injuries. Dude would probably be happier making art or singing in a post punk band or something

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2023, 08:16:19 PM »
If Fucking Awesome has 1 million fans, I am one of them.
If Fucking Awesome has 5 fans, I am one of them.
If Fucking Awesome has 1 fan, that one is me.
If Fucking Awesome has no fans, that means I am no more on the Earth.
If world is against Fucking Awesome, I am against the world.
I love Fucking Awesome till my last breath.

Who is Jason Dill? To the blind, he is the light. To the hungry, he is the bread. To the sick, he is the cure. To the lonely, he is company. To the sad, he is joy. To the prisoner, he is freedom. To the poor, he is treasure. For me, he is everything.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2023, 10:40:51 PM »
FUCKING, fuck.

idk, just felt like saying that.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2023, 11:41:39 PM »
FA is clearly the most successful skateboard company out right now so i think its safe to say they did not blow it. they got louie which was a great pallet cleanser for their fashonista skate team and they dont have to deal with austyn. win/win.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2023, 01:35:25 AM »

Free max b
He’s an ennui-plagued Frenchman who likes Goth/Industrial music and has a moody flower tattoo on the back of his head; can you really picture him being all smiles, laughter, and positivity? ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:48:19 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

insouciant

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2023, 09:25:35 AM »

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2023, 04:29:40 PM »
Jesus vs Satan

https://paradise.nyc/info/ask

I think Dill really fucked these kids up..