Author Topic: Jake Hayes "Dollar Slice" Dickie's Part  (Read 4720 times)

lurkluke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 185
Re: Jake Hayes "Dollar Slice" Dickie's Part
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2023, 06:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Australians are just generally boring people. The only thing good they do are reality shows, like Master Chef and Lego Masters Australia - think about it, how many great painters, poets, philosophers, novelists or what have you are Australian?  Not many.
[close]

Err, so Jake Hayes' lack of appeal as a skateboarder somehow proves an entire multi-ethnic nation of 30 million people with 54.3% tertiary educated (higher than the US as % of population, and Switzerland and France and Denmark if you are counting...according to OECD and higher than the OECD average of 47%) lacks artistic and intellectual achievement. A frequent reader of Discourse and Society are you? Thesis Eleven? Philosophical Review? Been scouring the author bylines for affiliation and nationality? And thought, wow, not many Australians here! How boring! Like Jake Hayes!
Typical!
Been hitting up the bienale? The local contemporary art gallery and checking off nationalities of artists as you go? Not many Australians here, Hayes!
Keeping an eye on the music press and cross referencing the nationality against genre against notoriety are you? Hang on, there are barely any Australians at this northern Ohio folk fest. Hayes!
Australia is in the southern hemisphere. Asia is the neighborhood. Not every one wants the approval of the northern hemisphere. Not everything travels that far. Most things don't have to. You might not also look very hard.
But then again Jake Hayes did travel...and his Dickies part was boring, prejudice justified.
[close]

tbf the year I went to the Biennale the Australian entry was one of the weaker by a long way. Didn't reflect well on the quality of contemporary art in Australia. Maybe he was there too and saw what we saw?

The German drug/jack off performance piece was the most compelling that year.
[close]

I'll notify the society of australian artists to incorporate more ice-fueled masturbation in their entry next year

Thank you. We all know they have it in them.

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2023, 12:42:11 AM »
The only Australian art form that matters is Sadistik Exekution.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2023, 12:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
@Sanka Coffie and @MochaBDK y’alls realize that he’s Australian correct?
[close]

Irregardless, dollar slice? 90’s hip hop, shitty lo-fi filter b roll of tourist landmarks, skating the most blown out unimaginative spots in the city. The skating is ‘great’ but it’d be like if I went to Australia and pee’d on the opera house I’d be just another guy peeing on the opera house
Is that a popular pastime in Australia?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2023, 09:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Sanka Coffie and @MochaBDK y’alls realize that he’s Australian correct?
[close]

Irregardless, dollar slice? 90’s hip hop, shitty lo-fi filter b roll of tourist landmarks, skating the most blown out unimaginative spots in the city. The skating is ‘great’ but it’d be like if I went to Australia and pee’d on the opera house I’d be just another guy peeing on the opera house
[close]
Is that a popular pastime in Australia?
You're welcome to come and try it. We would generally say wee instead of pee here but everyone would know what you're talking about.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2023, 10:57:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone has gotta stop greenlighting these "cali does nyc" edits
[close]

Good thing he's Australian.
[close]
but where does he currently live?

This is what I meant. The part has the vibe of every gimmicky socal summer in new york edit. Doesn't have fuck all to do with him being Australian. He rips and I'd like to see him film an east coast or exclusively new york park without leaning into that played out, formulaic cliche.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2023, 03:00:10 PM »
dollar slices are a thing of the past

shoulda called it dollar fifty/two dollar slice

Was thinking this
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2023, 03:03:50 PM »
I think I’ve seen this exact same part from another pro or 2 before
shake junt grip makes a pro 5050ing the small ass Jersey barrier outside monument looks so cool!
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2023, 02:54:31 PM »
You guys 'member the 90s?

That shit was hot garbage. Actively not buying anything from Dickies because of this.