Author Topic: Most supportive cupsole that isn't crazy chunky  (Read 5995 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Most supportive cupsole that isn't crazy chunky
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2023, 09:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I gotta drop a nod for the Cons Fastbreak's as well, got them all leather navy blue pair
and now that they're broken in (not that that took long) they're the shoes I'm gonna
stockpile.
[close]

I was gonna byte on those navy joints, but I'm so worried about TTS or the 1/2 down BS I skipped over them.

How are people finding the fit? I can't find any around me to try on.
[close]

That's weird cause I found the opposite.  I usually wear a 10 in Vans, but I got a 9.5 in the fastbreaks and they fit perfect for my foot at least.

That's not weird, that's exactly what I'm talking about :P

I roll a 10 in Nike/Vans so it sounds like 9.5 might be the ticket. Guess I'll order some and return if no go.

MONS 56K

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2023, 10:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I gotta drop a nod for the Cons Fastbreak's as well, got them all leather navy blue pair
and now that they're broken in (not that that took long) they're the shoes I'm gonna
stockpile.
[close]

I was gonna byte on those navy joints, but I'm so worried about TTS or the 1/2 down BS I skipped over them.

How are people finding the fit? I can't find any around me to try on.
[close]

That's weird cause I found the opposite.  I usually wear a 10 in Vans, but I got a 9.5 in the fastbreaks and they fit perfect for my foot at least.
[close]

That's not weird, that's exactly what I'm talking about :P

I roll a 10 in Nike/Vans so it sounds like 9.5 might be the ticket. Guess I'll order some and return if no go.

Sorry lol kinda needed to quote Darkpools too, cause he was the one I was referring to when I said weird, because he was saying he felt like he needed to go a half size up.

flocke

• Rep: 12
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2023, 07:35:23 AM »
love the ave pros. hands down.

Next im goin to try tyshawn's mid, hope they are good cause i prefer the look over the ave's

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2023, 09:38:42 AM »
Are the Etnies Widrow a cupsole? I like the look of them.
IG: @flowterspace

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2023, 12:21:35 PM »
Are the Etnies Widrow a cupsole? I like the look of them.

The Windrow is a cupsole but there’s also a vulc version called the Windrow Vulc.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2023, 06:25:33 PM »
I'm bouncing between my Tyshawn mids and Nike Force 58s. The Tys are a chunky shoe but that comes with a lot of padding and the Force58s feel like Vulcs due to the lack of padding but still have the cupsole...they do need to break in tho before they're wide enough to skate (but that happens fast).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 06:32:33 PM by Xen »

vicious cycle

• Rep: 165
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2023, 08:21:07 AM »
Get 440 and add Superfeet Adapt Run or Run Comfort insoles. Excellent support and a tad more cushioning. NB sells these branded as well.
Just wanted to say thx for the recommendation of superfeet insoles. I skated 2 pairs of 440s with fp and es insoles and they literally killed my feed and knees. I had shoe and insole madness for a while now and decided to get me some superfeet run comfort. They did wonders man. Day and night compared to fp insole.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2023, 08:23:36 AM »
Would you run the Superfeet insoles with your typical size of 440, or would you size up? I took a true size 440 and it's pretty snug, just wondering if putting anything but a stock insole in there will work or not.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 165
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2023, 08:52:37 AM »
Would you run the Superfeet insoles with your typical size of 440, or would you size up? I took a true size 440 and it's pretty snug, just wondering if putting anything but a stock insole in there will work or not.
I run tts in my 440. 10.5 US and still got comfy room in mine even with the aftermarket insoles. I only run the suede ones. Idk man every feet is different I guess.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.