Author Topic: Curren Caples for Vans  (Read 10749 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
Re: Curren Caples for Vans
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2023, 10:53:42 AM »
That hurricane looked so cool. Been waiting on This since his bunt and definitely not disappointed.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2023, 11:01:47 AM »
dude is obviously good but as soon as you put street grabs and park transition in a part i instantly turn it off
Cool you missed one of the best parts of the year then my dude.  Keep being a cool guy though and asking people "was that switch" at your local.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2023, 11:07:57 AM »
not gonna lie that was pretty fucking dope, liked that he skated some new (to me) spots. This is a dumb question since I could just google it but is he still on flip somefuckinghow?
ohyeahohyeah

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2023, 11:13:03 AM »
not gonna lie that was pretty fucking dope, liked that he skated some new (to me) spots. This is a dumb question since I could just google it but is he still on flip somefuckinghow?
Skate Mental. Wild that you are willing to post over 2000 times on slap but not want to google a single line. Just giving you shit though. I get the impulse to want an answer from a person. You could even just read the previous page though for the answer.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2023, 11:16:09 AM »

Worse than that - Skate Mental.

Honestly, he's one of the best out there and I am always singing his praises. I think actually suffers a bit from looking too much like a skater from Central Casting, and having been in the skateboarding public's eye since before puberty, plenty of people probably remember an awkward preteen Curren. He has legitimate ATV style, out of the same mold as Cardiel and GT. I hope more people take him seriously because he absolutely rips.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2023, 11:19:37 AM »
Wow that was amazing in every way. I've always thought he was a bit slept on, you can't sleep on this part tho. I agree early SOTY contender.  Best street grabs in the game, I know someone above was hating on that, but when you have style like that come on..

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2023, 11:21:27 AM »
dude is obviously good but as soon as you put street grabs and park transition in a part i instantly turn it off

dude fuck yeah that's so cool

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2023, 11:21:55 AM »
does he skate medium speed?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2023, 11:24:02 AM »
So this is the part that he said those tricks at that massive skatepark in Montana didn't fit into. I totally see why now. Mustached street skatin' hill bombin' 3 flippin' Curren is one of my favorites. Dude's style on street is just as good as his style on transition. His 3 flips are so unique. That 5050 drop 5050 on all those curved rails was nuts! Especially since he ground the whole way.

Wouldn't it be something if Curren got SOTY before Louie did?

Oh yeah, WEEN (again!) ♥️ I hope all these Ween songs getting used opens the band up to a new and younger generation of listeners.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2023, 11:26:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dude fuck yeah that's so cool

Continue living in a tasteless box with self imposed boundaries, Mr. Pearl 😋

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2023, 11:31:20 AM »
That hurricane looked so cool. Been waiting on This since his bunt and definitely not disappointed.

foot placement on the hurricane is insane

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 145
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2023, 11:35:18 AM »
That was really good. Karen, Louie, and Jake should've had their tertiary brand under FA. I've never prayed on the downfall of a brand more than I do for Skate Mental. Can't imagine what it would be like to watch their session as a casual observer.

ashthrower

• Rep: -11
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2023, 11:43:12 AM »
i was definitely impressed by the actual skating in this part and i never mean to knock a hard-working, gnarly, and seemingly humble dude. but i was surprised to see all the praise on this thread, i was kind of underwhelmed by this part overall. maybe its just my first impression. it feels soulless, and he has really generic rvca surfer southern california outfits/vibes. i honestly feel the same way sometimes about louie's skating, but his sponsors at least put together better edits than this generic part

that hurricane will be stuck in my head for awhile tho

slimvanilla

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »
that part was fuckin tight. never been the biggest Kern fan but man that was smooth. Him and Jake gotta leave Skate Mental (i currently skate a JA Skate Mental board but it was on sale and my size, sue me)

early SOTY run? if he drops another banger later he'll have to be a front-runner. love guys who slap their tails on shit while flying thru the air

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2023, 11:51:07 AM »
really good watch (and a really beautiful angle at 6:35). 

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2023, 11:52:33 AM »
It's actually amazing that Skate Mental is so fucking stacked and yet can't help but be lame

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2023, 12:04:17 PM »
Lovely edit. The line at 2:48 was almost as beautiful as the man himself. I also really like the way Curren lazily hangs on bs noseslides. It always looks like he's drifting into fakie before popping out regular.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2023, 12:22:44 PM »
noseblunt tricks were crazy, loved the pop out to fakie in the line near the start. how he was standing up on that hurricane was wild. need multiple watches to process all that

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2023, 12:30:23 PM »
Always been a fan and thoroughly enjoyed the part. Few standout tricks like that incredible hurricane, nollie noseblunt, grind drop rail, and that front heel. Rest was no filler, stoked to see this part after listening to his bunt. Seems to be such a solid dude, great to see all the appreciation here.

Also: it's march guys, chill on the soty shit please

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 12:35:00 PM »
Shout out to Curren for making us skinny guys proud. Like myself, he also looks like he struggles to find clothes that look normal on him.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2023, 12:52:36 PM »
Wow that a fucking great full part. Stoked it was a full 8 minutes of skating and not one of those parts where it's 80% hi8 b-roll/lifestyle shots and 20% skating. Zero gimmicky tricks or filler clips. Just bangers and amazing style. The kickflip on the hip was my favorite, absolutely beautiful kickflip. I also liked his nollie 180 crooks on the windowsill ledge in some baggy pants lol.

agreed, I expected a 4 minute part with an equal amount of credits so was surprised when it was almost all footage.
given his following, I don't think it would've been a bad idea if Vans gave him a shoe/colorway to drop alongside this.
+8 minutes of footage with a Greg edit is pretty impressive.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 12:55:45 PM »
He's always been really fucking good but his skating never really translated well to video parts in the past. While I do wish there were more transition clips, for the most part this is the part I always wanted to see from him. Really hyped on this

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 01:04:51 PM »
California Dream Boy,he shoud have much more girls touching herself watching his poster street grabbing on the wall over there bed then Sheckler in his prime.
Part was good - I like it how manny people here appreciate his and Louie’s skating.
Remember 10 years ago - everyone  here,was hatting on the flip kids. Didn’t get it even back then - but Curren and Louie become such stylish rippers.
They shoud start something together - but through Deluxe and should add Mason and Ishod - this woud be a new super team. Like to see them skating tough street spots and big skate transition parks.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
made everything look easy - great surf style on a board. the 50-50 gap out stuck out.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »
lovely stuff, that back melon grab into the downhill was mesmerising. always love a good fs 360 and bank to ledge/wall spots

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2023, 01:22:04 PM »
Shout out to Curren for making us skinny guys proud. Like myself, he also looks like he struggles to find clothes that look normal on him.

I’m so glad I’m not alone in this. I’m skinny as fuck with long ass limbs but I’m only 5’7” and have been in a pants crisis for the last 5 years lmfao. Kern fuckin rips, definitely a rewatchable part, got me stoked to skate.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2023, 01:22:50 PM »
oww. right in the expectations.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2023, 01:24:05 PM »
Seeing Jake and Louie keep popping up throughout the part to show Curren love was quite wholesome

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2023, 01:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mods please move this comment to the reasons to cool guy people thread

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2023, 02:13:41 PM »
i always disliked him because he gives off spoiled socal rich kid vibes, but now i'm a fan. i replayed many of the tricks. just, wow.