Author Topic: Mardi Gras with Nora & Jenkem  (Read 4597 times)

Weededed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 212
  • I never needed it..
Mardi Gras with Nora & Jenkem
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:45:06 PM »

~4:00 --> 
;D

slobburnquist

• Rep: 6
Re: Mardi Gras with Nora & Jenkem
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 02:45:42 PM »
She got hella beads in a couple of those clips. I'm trying to see the raw files Ian!

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »
Excited to see the footy she’s got on ice

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 04:11:48 PM »
Slap shade shoutout

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »

~4:00 --> 
;D

Got a good chuckle out of that. I do agree with her criticism of how women were treated in the skate industry for a long time. I am looking forward to see what she is in terms of a part

IpathCats

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 04:23:14 PM »
Damn, we really out here in Nora's head.

If you're reading this Nora, you're not fat.

I'm still not stoked on your skating though, sorry.

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 04:25:42 PM »
Nora is unattractive, attention demanding, and fake kind but in actuality rude/mean. She's cantankerous, you can tell she has a short fuse.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 04:49:28 PM »
Nora, all jokes aside, I'm pretty sure most of us think you're really cool. Love your skating. Oh and if anyone said your fat they're trolling and/or an idiot

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 04:57:45 PM »
I’m in love with her can we see the raw files

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 05:01:28 PM »
She turned me down once but my love won’t fade

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 05:34:23 PM »
Ian looks like tweaker Chris Joslin

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:41:32 PM by Tom Pearl »

IpathCats

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »

Lol thank you for that one.

Gnar'd

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 05:55:26 PM »
Chris Joslin looks like tweaker Chris Joslin
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2023, 02:24:40 AM »

Chris joslin is tweaker Chris joslin . He was a meth baby.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2023, 06:37:17 AM »
i really liked her on thrasher king of the road and whne she first got on adidas, didnt really know much about her and i liked how she did crail slides. really good style and a lot different to all the other girls who came before her seemingly.

then she got like really really famous, started getting sponsorships for lavendar vodka, bath bombs, everything, seemed like she wasnt really this down to earth skater anymore that you could relate to, she out grew all that so quickly. no big deal - she is very successful and carving out her own life. she has millions of fans now and glad she is doing great :)

1 thing i do like about her and not trying to say she invented this or anything but i feel like she dresses un-sexy on purpose because the social medias are really over saturated with fake tits/big butts doing medicore skating. some of these ladies actually have hella skill + put in mad time on the board, but it is pretty distracting to look it while you are trying to watch the skating with the titties out. i think sometimes nora's outfits though are so obviously trying to look so so dorky on purpose that can almost equally distract from the skating though. i am equally critical on men's outfits for video parts as well so i hope i dont sound really sexist for saying this. I just really like how some people dress and its not that i necessarily want to bang them, i just like how it looks!

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 06:38:27 AM »
In regards to female skaters getting a slice of the pie, I think generally companies will pay for profitable representation, and the female skate audience is just not as big.  Not as many women skate (even more so in the past) and not as many men are interested in women’s skating, very much like other sports struggle with. 

There is the issue of women being paid less because of their gender specifically, and to the degree we are discussing the universal gender pay gap I’m with her.  But it needs to be acknowledged that womens skateboarding did not, and most likely does not bring in the same kind of $ that mens does.

If she thinks that teams money should be spit more equally among riders regardless of what the individual is perceived to add in value, that affects a lot more than just women.  I’m sure Steve Nesser saw a lot less adio money than BAM, while being better at skating, but I’ve never seen anyone with a “nessagram” tattoo.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2023, 07:02:25 AM »
4:06 face says it all.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 07:25:44 AM »
That was kind of depressing and kind of awesome.
Cocteau Twins

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2023, 07:56:11 AM »
Wholesome puff piece. Hopefully that part drops later this year.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -61
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »
girl who skates skate parks every now and again gets super skate famous for wearing purple.....

Shes at the bottom of the barrel for talented girl skaters to me

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2023, 10:44:40 AM »
I'm a big fan of her shoe, maybe a reach but reminds me a little of the Lakai Penza I loads of pairs of back in the day. Heel sits super snug and feels low to the ground.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 10:57:50 AM »
Huh, nice to see former pro skater Matt Milligan (City Skateboards?) getting paid by Adidas.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 11:18:43 AM »
girl who skates skate parks every now and again gets super skate famous for wearing purple.....

Shes at the bottom of the barrel for talented girl skaters to me
I mean it's obviously fine your not into her skating but she's also obviously not just a girl who skates skateparks every now again, nor just famous for wearing purple

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 12:12:42 PM »
In regards to female skaters getting a slice of the pie, I think generally companies will pay for profitable representation, and the female skate audience is just not as big.  Not as many women skate (even more so in the past) and not as many men are interested in women’s skating, very much like other sports struggle with. 

There is the issue of women being paid less because of their gender specifically, and to the degree we are discussing the universal gender pay gap I’m with her.  But it needs to be acknowledged that womens skateboarding did not, and most likely does not bring in the same kind of $ that mens does.

If she thinks that teams money should be spit more equally among riders regardless of what the individual is perceived to add in value, that affects a lot more than just women.  I’m sure Steve Nesser saw a lot less adio money than BAM, while being better at skating, but I’ve never seen anyone with a “nessagram” tattoo.

bit of a chicken/egg scenario tho, no? which came first, there not being a big market for women’s skateboarding, or women having less representation/compensation in skateboarding?

i’d argue the latter came first and if you improve that end of things, a bigger market for it will come naturally (more girls will get interested, the bar for skill level/style/trick selection/etc will continue to get raised,  more men will be interested in women’s skating as the skill level rises and it just becomes a bigger part of the culture, etc.)

basically i’m saying it’s a profitable long-term strategy for companies in skateboarding, whether you think it’s profitable now or not. if adidas gets known as the big footwear brand that supports women’s skating and over the next decade there’s a huge influx of new women skaters, they can easily corner that market and the other shoe brands that didn’t take the “risk” will be left with a hard time getting a piece of that pie.

anyways, nora’s a great skater and i like the shoe a lot. might pick some up, they look right up my alley

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

bit of a chicken/egg scenario tho, no? which came first, there not being a big market for women’s skateboarding, or women having less representation/compensation in skateboarding?

i’d argue the latter came first and if you improve that end of things, a bigger market for it will come naturally (more girls will get interested, the bar for skill level/style/trick selection/etc will continue to get raised,  more men will be interested in women’s skating as the skill level rises and it just becomes a bigger part of the culture, etc.)

basically i’m saying it’s a profitable long-term strategy for companies in skateboarding, whether you think it’s profitable now or not. if adidas gets known as the big footwear brand that supports women’s skating and over the next decade there’s a huge influx of new women skaters, they can easily corner that market and the other shoe brands that didn’t take the “risk” will be left with a hard time getting a piece of that pie.

anyways, nora’s a great skater and i like the shoe a lot. might pick some up, they look right up my alley

Oh I think it’s changing for sure.  I pretty sure the lack of market came first, as male participation in skateboarding is higher than women’s.  Maybe that doesn’t matter though, I mean I would buy an Elissa steamer shoe if I had seen one.  Not sure if more dudes buy male pro models, though that’s what I assume?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 04:38:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're 100% right, which is exactly why after 26 years of the WNBA existing it now commands the exact same viewership as the NBA....

or not
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:22:54 PM by backside_reacharound »

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 04:54:31 PM »
Huh, nice to see former pro skater Matt Milligan (City Skateboards?) getting paid by Adidas.

You're thinking of Russ Milligan. Matt Milligan is a Florida legend who was sponsored by DNA and Axion.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 04:56:26 PM »
Corky vid

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2023, 05:05:47 PM »

1 thing i do like about her and not trying to say she invented this or anything but i feel like she dresses un-sexy on purpose because the social medias are really over saturated with fake tits/big butts doing medicore skating. some of these ladies actually have hella skill + put in mad time on the board, but it is pretty distracting to look it while you are trying to watch the skating with the titties out. i think sometimes nora's outfits though are so obviously trying to look so so dorky on purpose that can almost equally distract from the skating though. i am equally critical on men's outfits for video parts as well so i hope i dont sound really sexist for saying this. I just really like how some people dress and its not that i necessarily want to bang them, i just like how it looks!

I can see what you're saying, but why can't she just be dressing in what she likes to wear? Why does it have to be a conscious statement? I don't dress in jeans and hoodies because I want to offer the world a counterpoint to gym dudes in tight shorts and singlets.

It must be frustrating for women skating that everything they do is viewed through a lens of "is this sexy to men, and that's why it's popular" or "is this popular and unsexy on purpose" etc etc.

(not suggesting you're coming at this from a sexist place or anything either. It's a worth while discussion to have I think)

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2023, 09:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can see what you're saying, but why can't she just be dressing in what she likes to wear? Why does it have to be a conscious statement? I don't dress in jeans and hoodies because I want to offer the world a counterpoint to gym dudes in tight shorts and singlets.

It must be frustrating for women skating that everything they do is viewed through a lens of "is this sexy to men, and that's why it's popular" or "is this popular and unsexy on purpose" etc etc.

(not suggesting you're coming at this from a sexist place or anything either. It's a worth while discussion to have I think)

I agree with you. I did have similar thoughts as rawbertson when I was younger and they weren't coming from a place of judgement towards women, rather it was me wanting people to take women more seriously, as people can often be dismissive of women depending on how they're dressed. My thoughts on it now though are that it's not the woman's responsibility to make an effort to be taken seriously by others, rather it is the other person's responsibility to take them seriously wether they're dressed "sexy" or not. Any female pals wanna weigh in on this? Would be great to hear your opinion on this matter
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:53:21 PM by Nancy Chin »