Author Topic: Caliber IIIs just arrived.  (Read 5373 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 619
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Caliber IIIs just arrived.
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2021, 11:36:23 AM »
The first posts confused the shit out of me.
Took me a moment to realize this all is about longboard stuff. If it makes you happy, cool for you.

I personally would hate to push the hill back upwards after a cruise.
IG: @flowterspace

WrongAid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2021, 02:28:23 PM »
Thank you all.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2021, 02:32:46 PM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2021, 04:14:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I swear this 'Ignore' prompt is the best!  8)
[close]
Dude’s basically going to end up just talking to himself after he ends up ignoring this entire forum. Maybe there’s a Facebook longboard group you could join or have you been kicked out of all of them until you ended up here?
[close]

Don't overestimate my need for the validation of people I've never met. No one bullies me online or offline. If you come correct? I'm the most loyal friend you'll ever have but trolls and "internet tough guys" don't get under my skin. They're nothing but letters on a monitor screen. Nothing more.
[close]

This is what I always say when I am not mad online
[close]

It's just best practice, really, to let others know whenever you're not mad.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2021, 05:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s a serious set-up.
How fast you get on those bad boys?
And what wheels are you running?
[close]

I don't know that guy. The image is from when they used to do a World Cup Downhill Race there before Covid, where the best riders from all over the world would come to Florida, Massachusetts to compete in a sanctioned race on that road for prize money.
As for Whitcomb Hill Rd? 45 mph standing up, 70 mph in a tuck if you have leathers and a seriously good full face helmet. Over 60 is kinda the Death Zone where if you eat it bad and slide into the guard rails, that could be it for you.
Skaters who really go 'all in' on downhill, think nothing of spending $800.00 or more on Swiss precision trucks and another $1000.00 and up on leathers than need replaced occasionally, $250.- $400.00 or more for a deck? It adds up for sure but it is what it is.
and the wheels? There's at least a dozen or more companies that make downhill wheels. I use both 65 and 70mm Blood Orange 80As. I don't know what wheels the guy in the picture has. If you want to see it done well, watch any Josh Neuman video on his YouTube channel.

*This is what Swiss Precision trucks look like if you've never seen them and know this before you laugh at the price, you're betting your life on these trucks not failing. No guaranteed second chances at that speed.

[close]
why did i immediately think of beyblades

Because he rips

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2021, 06:35:16 PM »
these are literally just knockoff Lurpivs

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2021, 10:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
That’s a serious set-up.
How fast you get on those bad boys?
And what wheels are you running?
[close]

I don't know that guy. The image is from when they used to do a World Cup Downhill Race there before Covid, where the best riders from all over the world would come to Florida, Massachusetts to compete in a sanctioned race on that road for prize money.
As for Whitcomb Hill Rd? 45 mph standing up, 70 mph in a tuck if you have leathers and a seriously good full face helmet. Over 60 is kinda the Death Zone where if you eat it bad and slide into the guard rails, that could be it for you.
Skaters who really go 'all in' on downhill, think nothing of spending $800.00 or more on Swiss precision trucks and another $1000.00 and up on leathers than need replaced occasionally, $250.- $400.00 or more for a deck? It adds up for sure but it is what it is.
and the wheels? There's at least a dozen or more companies that make downhill wheels. I use both 65 and 70mm Blood Orange 80As. I don't know what wheels the guy in the picture has. If you want to see it done well, watch any Josh Neuman video on his YouTube channel.

*This is what Swiss Precision trucks look like if you've never seen them and know this before you laugh at the price, you're betting your life on these trucks not failing. No guaranteed second chances at that speed.

OK,

You’re kinda full of shit.

You talked about how you bombed hills, and then posted a pic, who we assumed to be you but is just some random guy you put up for basically no reason.

Then you post all these trucks, talking about ‘Swiss precision’.

C’mon, how many of those are actually made in Switzerland? I’m counting all different brands, Gullwing, Randall, Ronin, Aera, and a bunch of others. They are precision trucks, but Swiss-made? You sound like you’re talking out of you’re ass a bit.

Especially when considering you think ACEs are perfect without any flaws, and you get all defensive when someone points out that you don’t know that you’re talking about.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

vhsfisheye

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2021, 11:36:37 PM »
Im really invested in this thread and praying Lhouste returns

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »
Lhotse, please come back; our wives are begging for you!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Fhk

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »
He's play hard to get..and it's working. Maybe we could turn that negative rep around to entice him?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2021, 11:27:35 PM »
“For this next post, I’d like to take it back to the classics…”
he is a gost..

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2023, 01:55:08 PM »
I recently remembered when Lhotse had his 15 minutes of Slap fame and decided to revisit this thread, I looked at his account and found out that bro still lurks on here lmao. Lhotse if you read this please start posting again we want to hear your opinion on longboard truck brands!

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »
I recently remembered when Lhotse had his 15 minutes of Slap fame and decided to revisit this thread, I looked at his account and found out that bro still lurks on here lmao. Lhotse if you read this please start posting again we want to hear your opinion on longboard truck brands!

Goddamnit! I could really use a quick hit of that Lhotse guy right now.
Between the Pit of Death, the Caliber IIIs, the Element set up photo, the username that was NOT IN ANY WAY related to Tony Hawk’s ex & the “Nobody has ever had an issue with Ace Trucks quality control” stance he was clinging so tightly to: I’m not sure I’ve ever craved for a user fix more than this.
Best part of all is I didn’t even START to feel the jones until you brought it up, but now I’m itching for a report from this dude like I’ve got spiders under my skin, or something.
Come back to us, @Lhotse, you are missed.

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2023, 06:39:40 AM »
It'd be a real powermove if he suddenly posts a pair of axled Caliber IIIs in the 'grinding trucks to the axle'-thread.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2023, 07:14:17 AM »
Guys I checked. There are no Caliber IVs yet. I hope that's gonna be the return of the king

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2023, 07:52:04 AM »
It'd be a real powermove if he suddenly posts a pair of axled Caliber IIIs in the 'grinding trucks to the axle'-thread.

Spent a year training in secret to to become a master of slappys

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2023, 08:20:35 AM »
Sweet! I've got a pair of purple ones that I run on my parking garage board.

They're just a bit heavy and wide for my liking, and when I brought them up to speed, i felt like I was barreling down too ugly and not zippy enough.

Instead, I put my gullwings back on until I upgraded to slalom trucks.

It's pretty low on my projects list, but I'd like to try my hand at chopping the Caliber hangers so they're narrower. I've heard good things about doing that.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2023, 08:32:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I work from an attic overlooking my street, so I get to see everyone coming past. Lately, there has been a daily appearance from a dude in nothing by gym shorts - no matter the weather - doing some kind of Wim Hof thing. I don't think he can slappy, though.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2023, 09:44:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I work from an attic overlooking my street, so I get to see everyone coming past. Lately, there has been a daily appearance from a dude in nothing by gym shorts - no matter the weather - doing some kind of Wim Hof thing. I don't think he can slappy, though.

Either he's a balneology dude or a an alien conspiracy dude, or both

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2023, 08:18:35 PM »
lhotse is the hero slap needs, but is he the hero we deserve?