Author Topic: LA/big bear area  (Read 500 times)

Bostoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
LA/big bear area
« on: March 28, 2023, 08:35:47 AM »
I’m heading out to southern California for the first time this month, anyone have any recommendations on good areas to stay to hit the most amount of spots/parks in a day, im already planning on staying in Venice/Santa Monica and going up to big bear resort to snowboard for a day or two, but I have a few free days after that, any suggestions are appreciated, spots bars or even dispensary’s

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
  • What, me worry?
Re: LA/big bear area
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 11:23:13 AM »
I’m heading out to southern California for the first time this month, anyone have any recommendations on good areas to stay to hit the most amount of spots/parks in a day, im already planning on staying in Venice/Santa Monica and going up to big bear resort to snowboard for a day or two, but I have a few free days after that, any suggestions are appreciated, spots bars or even dispensary’s

Your best bet is to pick a neighborhood and try to max out your time there, as opposed to running around the city. Venice/SM/West Side has a lot going on, tons of spots and some parks over there. Other areas with a lot to do/skate would be Echo Park/Silverlake/Highland park (also close to downtown) or Long Beach. Having a car will also make a big difference, Public transit can be tough to navigate here and Uber/Lyfts will add up really quickly.

sweet son of a bitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 08:19:56 PM »
Heading to LBC this weekend. What’s good there?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 12:19:50 PM »
Advanced warning re: your algorithm, maybe open in an incognito browser…

https://youtu.be/ggIDXZYykW8

Anyone know where this is?  Gonna need to make a trip over there with my cruiser board pretty soon.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 02:12:30 PM »
Advanced warning re: your algorithm, maybe open in an incognito browser…

https://youtu.be/ggIDXZYykW8

Anyone know where this is?  Gonna need to make a trip over there with my cruiser board pretty soon.

Pretty sure it's Edward Vincent Jr park in Inglewood. There's a prefab skatepark called Nella park in the same complex.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 02:18:04 PM »
Pretty sure it's Edward Vincent Jr park in Inglewood. There's a prefab skatepark called Nella park in the same complex.

Thanks!  Kinda wanna get over there before it officially opens to give it a spin.