Author Topic: Paul Hart is a Nazi and Bones Loves Him  (Read 21878 times)

brucewillis and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -334
Re: Paul Hart is a Nazi and Bones Loves Him
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2024, 01:14:58 AM »
Good to see you in this thread,  Paul and Joey. Looks like something must have actually hit. Looking forward to the official statement from Bones. For the rest of you, here's the contact form for Bones, feel free to link em this thread and ask whatvthe fuck is up with them supporting that little carpetstain. ChatGPT writes up some nice statements about this if you wanna sound more official.

https://bones.com/contact/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:21:40 AM by Shtonk »

Ninj2

• Rep: -70
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2024, 04:52:48 PM »
Why tha fuck I need a robot to tell Powell that Nazis suck? Is you fools really that fried from skynet cucking your life already?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2024, 04:15:35 AM »
This is all the 9 clubs fault
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 42
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2024, 11:31:59 AM »
Warning: long-ass ramble follows.
TLDR: swastikas are wack, but they scare your teacher.

These guys and their SS symbols remind me of a story my uncle used to tell...when he was little (eight?) he would draw swastikas on stuff just to get a rise out of my grandmother. He didn't know what it meant; he just knew it made her mad.
Maybe these guys actually are white supremacists. It's possible that they know exactly what these hateful symbols mean.  But also: skaters and punks are drawn to anything that pisses off mom and dad. Skulls, blood, knives, naked girls, satan... it's a very "sixth-grade boy-drawing-on-his-notebook-in-1986" sort of aesthetic. One that Powell has kept going a little too long. When you're ten, you think it lends a dark grandeur to your wooden toy pastime. Pay attention to me! I'm a scary little badass! So, swastikas and SS totenkopfs: the most forbidden of the forbidden. Guaranteed to get you kicked out of seventh period social studies. (And sent home, where you can skate.)
Except lately, real racists have figured out how to cynically play this both ways. Sell shirts to the study hall provocateurs while dog whistling to their actual-skinhead buddies. "Oh, look at the snowflakes flurry about when I wear a swastika tank top/replica afrika korps jacket/confederate flag bandanna/MAGA hat! Can't they take a joke?" (Psst! It's not a joke.)
According to their own shop info page, "surf nazis" (which later became "skate nazis") want the word "nazi" to mean "uncompromising." They want to use it as a synonym for "hardcore." But do you know what it makes me think of?

The Soup Nazi.

The Soup Nazi Seinfeld episode was about a very average fish who wanted to be the boss of a tiny, tiny pond. An extreme gatekeeper, uncompromising in his pettiness. Seinfeld got criticized because people said "nazi" was too strong a word/idea to put with "soup," and I get that. But in a way, all real nazis are soup nazis. Petty little people who think they ought to be in charge of the world. "No surf for you! No skate for you! No human rights for you!" Maybe part of the point of the Seinfeld episode was to decouple "Nazi" from the connotation "ruthless evil war machine" (which to a certain kind of junior high brain sounds badass and cool) and associate it with "rule-obsessed cafeteria line tyrant" (objectively not cool.)
But if we don't want to throw around the word "nazi," what word can describe that guy who thinks he's in charge of what tricks are illegal and who skates the spot?
For your consideration: "surf karen?"

Edit: although "Karen" is uncomfortably gendered. I guess from now on if I see "x+Nazi" I'll mentally find/replace all with "x+hall monitor." Even though it's too long.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:46:48 AM by gringo_viejo »

ALPHA MALE

• Rep: -3
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2024, 01:16:23 PM »
6 million though?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2024, 01:24:37 PM »
@gringo_viejo I've been using cop for a while ie surf cop, soup cop etc. to describe an individual who's trying to be in charge of the world
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Shtonk

« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2024, 02:21:49 PM »
Doesn't your rant include exactly why it's important to treat this seriously instead of "oh look at the little rascals"? I'm referring to the dogwhistling of far right extremists - proper Nazis. Is it not very likely that the Harts are doing exactly what you are describing, disguising a fascist agenda as "provocation", when you consider the stuff his father Brig Hart is involved in and the little line "shop got closed down by the arabs 4 years ago" which you graciously chose to ignore?

gringo_viejo

« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2024, 02:22:05 PM »
@gringo_viejo I've been using cop for a while ie surf cop, soup cop etc. to describe an individual who's trying to be in charge of the world

I like it.
"Surf cop" will be my new surf guitar punk band; and our first album, "in charge of the world"

Or maybe "Billy Club Ocean"

gringo_viejo

« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2024, 02:34:16 PM »
Doesn't your rant include exactly why it's important to treat this seriously instead of "oh look at the little rascals"? I'm referring to the dogwhistling of far right extremists - proper Nazis. Is it not very likely that the Harts are doing exactly what you are describing, disguising a fascist agenda as "provocation", when you consider the stuff his father Brig Hart is involved in and the little line "shop got closed down by the arabs 4 years ago" which you graciously chose to ignore?

Oh shit does it seem like I'm backing/defending him? I'm not. I just... I sometimes wonder if the smart response to this stuff isn't to be scared/take it real serious (the response they want because it makes them powerful) but rather to eye roll/point and laugh (hopefully undercutting that Dark Lord Energy they're going for.)
Except that the above approach fails when they DO gain power anyway (see recent history) or when laughing at the perpetrators is read as laughing at the victims.
So... I don't know how best to deal. I just feel like I've seen this before, inside and outside of skateboarding.
Wishful thinking to imagine that if we, collectively, said "ew, cringe" and just didn't buy their shit that it would cease to be profitable and fade away?

Shtonk

« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2024, 03:05:49 PM »
I'd say so. Much less wishful to rally against them and oust them out of comfortable places wherever we can.

Ninj2

• Rep: -70
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2024, 04:37:09 PM »
Paul little re re nazi fish. Go big nazi fish or go home and listen to Ariel pink.We wouldn’t fuck with nhs if you trying to fight the power. We wouldn’t fuck with Powell anyways cuz they a joke. They been a joke since ban this. That was the last time it made sense and it was life times ago. Name one cool person on Powell. Double fucking dare Andy you and his Nazi ass looking helmet. Cab too damn stupid to look around him he blame his neck. Find the team manager Instagram and blow it up. Bet you see results.  Be honest. Don’t use chat gp to fight Nazis. That’s poosey shit dawg.

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -252
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2024, 07:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh shit does it seem like I'm backing/defending him? I'm not. I just... I sometimes wonder if the smart response to this stuff isn't to be scared/take it real serious (the response they want because it makes them powerful) but rather to eye roll/point and laugh (hopefully undercutting that Dark Lord Energy they're going for.)
Except that the above approach fails when they DO gain power anyway (see recent history) or when laughing at the perpetrators is read as laughing at the victims.
So... I don't know how best to deal. I just feel like I've seen this before, inside and outside of skateboarding.
Wishful thinking to imagine that if we, collectively, said "ew, cringe" and just didn't buy their shit that it would cease to be profitable and fade away?

Dude is like 30 years old at that point you should know better and it’s not just a „awww these rebellious teenagers again“ moment. Fuck that. Also Seinfeld is incredibly overrated and that fool himself is a piece of shit.

You guys are concerned about Putin? Better not be. That’s what makes him very powerful.
Actually he reminds on that bird at the park I saw yesterday. Flying around and whistling trying to find its path on earth. Might be a little stubborn when someone enters his nest but that’s just us guys right Ha Ha Ha

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 08:26:33 PM by shockpadsandwristguards »

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2024, 08:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I like it.
"Surf cop" will be my new surf guitar punk band; and our first album, "in charge of the world"

Or maybe "Billy Club Ocean"

To Surf And Protec

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2024, 10:50:14 PM »
Honestly, I'd just love for Paul and HateMoss to grow up. I'd love to see him disavow this nonsense and grow up. I know it isn't possible, but I'd like it if he could just actually not be a nazi piece of shit. However, since he is a complete dick in person (I unfortunately met him at Westchester Park in LA), I don't foresee him being able to actually apologize and correct his shitty path in life.

I'd like it if Jared were to apologize to everyone who rides for SkateOne. Can you imagine being one of the non-straight white dudes on the team and looking over and seeing this goon smiling at you after wearing this nazi shit around like it's no big deal? Can you imagine interacting w/Jared knowing he has Paul's nazi back? It isn't even like Jared can hide behind Paul being some super important person to the team to explain the protection, Paul is a B tier pro at best and there are a 10000 other people on the team.

I think people can grow up and become better (most of skateboarding was pretty homophobic and shitty around 2000, but we collectively grew up). I'd like to see Paul, HateMoss, and Jared grow up.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:16:06 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 32
« Reply #284 on: Today at 12:28:00 AM »
Dude is “do you know who my father is?” Personified. Even if he hadn’t worn that shirt, he has been publicly maga’ed out, generally sucked, and  bones wheels have always sucked. Shout out to whoever said he looks like an elbow. Skate moss, you suck too. Enjoy elbow guy while you make real estate reels. Bones, instead of paying Paul hart billionaire affluenza child all 30-60 dollars per month in royalties, or whatever you do, consider paying someone that doesn’t wear nazi-chic whatever it is you fork over to ride your stupid wheels