Author Topic: "Skate Shoe" Made in USA  (Read 3114 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
"Skate Shoe" Made in USA
« on: April 10, 2023, 03:58:46 AM »
just saw this Made in USA "skate shoe"
https://deviumusa.com/products/truckee-mid-devium-x-comunitymade-shoe

$350 USD/$480 CAD price tag

This is pretty expensive, I think this is more meant to capture Hype Beast consumers and not meant for practical use. They have some Youtube video talking about how if you send the shoe in they will replace parts of it... that does not sound like a sustainable business model to me at all on a large scale. But would be happy to be wrong about that. I personally like the look of the shoe quite a bit!

I see that New Balance, Terra, Kodiak make footwear made in North America in the $200 - $300 price range. I imagine skateboarding is not popular enough to make anything outside of asia to justify cost increase to the manufacturer?

Don't want to go on too much of a political tangent here but I feel like this is the price we have to pay to buy our manufacturing industry back.

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: "Skate Shoe" Made in USA
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 04:58:28 AM »
Someone should get these abominations and skate the fuck out of them just to see how many times the company will replace the sole and toe cap.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 06:42:13 AM »
That’s a community made horse riding boot, not a skate shoe.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 07:03:50 AM »
i can’t really criticize a brand trying to manufacture stuff ethically/in the US but everything about this looks terrible.
also nothing about this brand or shoe says “hype beast”.

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 07:08:47 AM »
i like the effort put into their other images like the chino pants to include a skateboard (a madness board funny enough), to appear more core.

that’s it, the shoe look ass
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 07:27:28 AM »
If NB made a (vegan) made in USA skate shoe, I’d cop for $300 but then again, I’m not particularly hard on my shoes so…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 10:55:07 AM »
i like the effort put into their other images like the chino pants to include a skateboard (a madness board funny enough), to appear more core.

I think you need to do some research on who founded the company before you bag on how core they are…

But yeah the shoes are ugly.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 01:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think you need to do some research on who founded the company before you bag on how core they are…

doesn't corey duffel have something to do with this brand?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 01:41:10 PM »
i can’t really criticize a brand trying to manufacture stuff ethically/in the US but everything about this looks terrible.

Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023, 03:27:14 PM »
i don't understand these blundstone boots: they look like they'd get filled up with rocks and are you supposed to tuck your pants into them like ugg boots or go over the top and then wouldn't the strange tabs front and rear interfere with your whole cuff situation I don't like it
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 03:31:26 PM »
$480 to skate in my girlfriend’s Blundstones?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2023, 06:04:28 PM »
Dog, there's only one Trucky I care about and he was in Pootie Tang

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2023, 06:08:53 PM »
These look like my XTRATUF deck boots, which are dope, but not for skating in.

https://www.xtratuf.com/xtratuf-mens-6-inch-pull-on-ankle-deck-boot/22733.html

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2023, 06:25:55 PM »
Gross

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2023, 06:35:57 PM »
i don't understand these blundstone boots: they look like they'd get filled up with rocks and are you supposed to tuck your pants into them like ugg boots or go over the top and then wouldn't the strange tabs front and rear interfere with your whole cuff situation I don't like it

Everyone wears that style of boot in australia at work and sometimes people wear these cuff things that stop shit going down into them. they also wear em with shorts so the pull tabs don't interfere with anything

Blundstone in particular suck though and the price they sell them for in the usa is insane. They're not even made in Australia anymore
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2023, 06:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

doesn't corey duffel have something to do with this brand?

Yeah- Corey and Jason Adams started it…

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2023, 08:13:26 PM »
I bought a hoodie from them, it’s great quality.
Didn’t know about the duffel / Jason Adams thing. I just wanted to support a smaller company who was making goods in their country.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2023, 08:16:20 PM »
WTF. I don't believe it. Those are some bullshit looking all Eurotrash Duck Hunter and Shit
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »

Everyone wears that style of boot in australia at work and sometimes people wear these cuff things that stop shit going down into them. they also wear em with shorts so the pull tabs don't interfere with anything

okay i'm in now. boots and shorts is on some weirdo shit, shorts and boots and head gasket boot gaiters?--well that's just high fashion and of course that's the move in OZ with all the poison snakes or whatever

beautifully ridiculous!
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Sexy Snail

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2023, 10:22:47 PM »
just saw this Made in USA "skate shoe"
https://deviumusa.com/products/truckee-mid-devium-x-comunitymade-shoe

$350 USD/$480 CAD price tag

This is pretty expensive, I think this is more meant to capture Hype Beast consumers and not meant for practical use. They have some Youtube video talking about how if you send the shoe in they will replace parts of it... that does not sound like a sustainable business model to me at all on a large scale. But would be happy to be wrong about that. I personally like the look of the shoe quite a bit!

I see that New Balance, Terra, Kodiak make footwear made in North America in the $200 - $300 price range. I imagine skateboarding is not popular enough to make anything outside of asia to justify cost increase to the manufacturer?

Don't want to go on too much of a political tangent here but I feel like this is the price we have to pay to buy our manufacturing industry back.

That shit looks like the janoski slip on mid top shoe, that’s all I can see when I look at it

livin on a speyer

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2023, 10:32:42 PM »
Looks cool.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2023, 10:33:25 PM »
Someone tried to mix the beautiful world of Goodyear welt shoes and skate shoes. Fucking idiotic

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2023, 11:07:59 PM »
the fact that almost the entire shoe is suede is reflected in the price, kinda like how full-grain leather boots are pretty expensive. I haven't looked into too many other US-made shoes but i'd imagine other US made shoes have textiles/meshes scattered around the shoe to cheapen up the pricing

Bill Salt

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2023, 11:22:15 PM »
Only Bronze could may be sell some of those clown kicks  if they put their logo on.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 11:29:53 PM by Bill Salt »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 08:40:13 AM »

$534 Australian lol

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2023, 10:53:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

except the price tag...? i mean maybe "hype beasts" are more into supreme and nike, more athletic type stuff im assuming, but as far as buying something that is like hella overpriced just for the sake of being cool, because jason adams and corey duffel made it, seems like its within the same realm. btw two of my favorite skaters , not trying to hate on their idea cause i do really like it (other than the price tag) and i didnt even know they were that heavily involved, i just thought they were models for em. i guess they have put some of their own money in it too though which is cool. they dont seem to have anything to do with how its made (which is probably the correct decision) the guy that makes them on the youtube video seems to be the main dude though (rightfully so).

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2023, 11:02:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

except the price tag...? i mean maybe "hype beasts" are more into supreme and nike, more athletic type stuff im assuming, but as far as buying something that is like hella overpriced just for the sake of being cool, because jason adams and corey duffel made it, seems like its within the same realm. btw two of my favorite skaters , not trying to hate on their idea cause i do really like it (other than the price tag) and i didnt even know they were that heavily involved, i just thought they were models for em. i guess they have put some of their own money in it too though which is cool. they dont seem to have anything to do with how its made (which is probably the correct decision) the guy that makes them on the youtube video seems to be the main dude though (rightfully so).
hypebeasts are typically trend driven and nothing about this is "trendy" or "cool" but I see the connection you were trying to make.