Author Topic: Hoping KB is alright  (Read 28393 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
Re: Hoping KB is alright
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2023, 03:38:21 PM »
ive rewatched that clip like five times today. that back heel is from a session with nak last year and he just posted the kick flip then. I think he's actually more self aware than people realize and created this brand for himself where he knows he can milk his day to day lifestyle as persona, get people begging for clips and then drop something like this . I kind of agree with his out look on not wanting to post skatepark clips just for the sake of posting skating. if this is his throwaway, you know whatever he has stacked is amazing. at this point fa or nike need to just get behind him and get a part going. I wonder if fa had something they wanted to do with him , nak and tj and the whole king thing just fucked it up.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2023, 03:49:04 PM »
That front 3 over the rail the hard way was smooth as hell.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2023, 05:12:04 PM »
So is KB actually just a marketing genius? Documents his partying and everyone agrees he’s piled out, assume he’s fallen of, he skates enough to stay on top of his game but rarely films any filler / skatepark clips, and occasionally puts out amazing footage…

Carl P

• Rep: -20
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2023, 08:26:20 PM »
This guy seems like the new Antwuan Dixon, incredible natural talent but seems to put the party life ahead of his skating...

Haven't seen real footage from this guy in a long time.

Nowhere near as talented as Antwuan, fuck outta here.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2023, 08:58:36 PM »
need another angle on that 3 bomb like I need air to breathe

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2023, 03:51:29 AM »
Expand Quote
This guy seems like the new Antwuan Dixon, incredible natural talent but seems to put the party life ahead of his skating...

[close]

Antwan is actually a very unidimensional skater. He has a very limited range of tricks, which he does on a very limited range of obstacles. His style is clearly unmatched, and the level of the tricks he did too. But altogether, i would argue that KB is more well rounded and probably better ...

Now, asserting which one is the most talented is a difficult task given that these 2 are surrounded by a mystique that overshadows their actual achievements... and clouds the judgement of their observers.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2023, 05:11:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah pretty horrible take. dude must have not skated when baker 3 dropped

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2023, 05:28:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nowhere near as talented stylish as Antwuan, fuck outta here but that's okay, practically nobody is.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2023, 05:35:42 AM »
So is KB actually just a marketing genius? Documents his partying and everyone agrees he’s piled out, assume he’s fallen of, he skates enough to stay on top of his game but rarely films any filler / skatepark clips, and occasionally puts out amazing footage…

I mean those clips were great but they're clearly pretty old.

IpathCats

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2023, 05:57:39 AM »

..... Nah

Yea, so old that they can't even be used to confirm if he is alright or not. Basically worthless

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2023, 06:04:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe dill bullied him into posting something.

On a more general note. Couldn’t care less about kb. I hope he’s doing fine and cashing in FA checks, but skate wise he’s not existent

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2023, 10:56:42 AM »
He's the shit

Streebo

• Rep: -31
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
His new clips in that internet video are keeping me entertained as a viewer. I still have hope for KB. Maybe this 7min of footage he has saved will finally be seen soon

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2023, 02:23:10 PM »
I hope he's actually sitting on a ton of footage. The guy is capable of a SOTY level part. One of the most naturally talented skaters I've ever seen. While Tyshawn has earned his accolades, KB is by far my favorite of the kids from Cherry who shaped FA to watch.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2023, 08:04:35 PM »
KB if you’re reading this we love you and will save you from that gas station or Kathy bates who presumably has you held hostage and is beating the shit out of your legs hence no clips

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2023, 11:49:52 PM »
KB if you’re reading this we love you and will save you from that gas station or Kathy bates who presumably has you held hostage and is beating the shit out of your legs hence no clips

Someone with skills needs to make a Misery tribute with Dill as Kathy Bates and KB as James Caan.

Or not. Merely a suggestion.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »
I love KB as much as the next man, but anyone who believes he's actually sitting on 8mins of footage is delusional.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2023, 10:46:48 AM »
there's a 50/50 chance KB is sitting on a ton of footage and IF he was smart he would drop it all in November.

IpathCats

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2023, 10:59:34 AM »
there's a 50/50 chance KB is sitting on a ton of footage and IF he was smart he would drop it all in November.

I've been pretty vocal about hating on people saving footage from multiple years and dropping it all at the end of a year in order to get SOTY.

This would def be the most extreme example of that i could think of.

Imagine KB winning SOTY after skating for like 8 hours total in 2023.

This is obviously a hypothetical situation, so no hate to KB or anything. But god damn would that be some kooky ass shit.

NBA NFL

• Rep: 31
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2023, 11:11:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Someone with skills needs to make a Misery tribute with Dill as Kathy Bates and KB as James Caan.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2023, 11:39:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2023, 12:58:17 PM »
I'm over lusting after skaters who don't want to just do what's generally expected of them. Thankfully in like 3 years or smthng there will be another kb. There always is. Talent is wasted on the youth, smthng smthng.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy