Author Topic: UFO/UAP disclosure  (Read 2043 times)

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: UFO/UAP disclosure
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2023, 02:28:31 AM »
 You're radiating some heavy know-it-all energy there, Lurpy.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 848
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2023, 01:42:57 PM »

The best part is he's still completely wrong and now trying to do the "well we have different definitions of education and intelligence" thing and a wall of text that's completely irrelevant and won't change that.

Lurper. Just admit you didn't know what you were talking about... navy fighter pilots are both some of the best educated people on earth and highly intelligent with an emphasis on technical knowledge, and again that's entirely by design. You're for some reason confusing degrees with education and intelligence with academics, actually I know the reason but it's pretty obvious I'm punching down here so I won't be rude. You have no idea about how strict and difficult it is to become a military pilot and how competitive it is amongst those people with the aforementioned extremely high bar of qualifications. If you had done even cursory research beyond googling "navy pilot bachelor's degree" and cherry picking the first result you thought supported your position (which unsurprisingly turned out to be completely wrong) you would understand that.This is literally the world I lived years of my life and youre trying to tell me about it because you got fooled by a YouTube video (the irony) and don't want to just admit you said something out your ass. Just admit you made a mistake dude, it's not that hard. I obviously made one replying to you in the first place.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2023, 02:53:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The best part is he's still completely wrong and now trying to do the "well we have different definitions of education and intelligence" thing and a wall of text that's completely irrelevant and won't change that.

Lurper. Just admit you didn't know what you were talking about... navy fighter pilots are both some of the best educated people on earth and highly intelligent with an emphasis on technical knowledge, and again that's entirely by design. You're for some reason confusing degrees with education and intelligence with academics, actually I know the reason but it's pretty obvious I'm punching down here so I won't be rude. You have no idea about how strict and difficult it is to become a military pilot and how competitive it is amongst those people with the aforementioned extremely high bar of qualifications. If you had done even cursory research beyond googling "navy pilot bachelor's degree" and cherry picking the first result you thought supported your position (which unsurprisingly turned out to be completely wrong) you would understand that.This is literally the world I lived years of my life and youre trying to tell me about it because you got fooled by a YouTube video (the irony) and don't want to just admit you said something out your ass. Just admit you made a mistake dude, it's not that hard. I obviously made one replying to you in the first place.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong, especially as this was an aside comment and one that I already admitted was made a bit too flippantly.

Your words exactly were "Being a navy pilot not only demands an exceptional level of education, they only take the absolute best of those exceptionally well educated folks and they hold them to exceptionally high standards."  You are adding in the word intelligence and tacking on other qualifiers in recent posts. My point has not changed, the requirement of a bachelors degree from a normal school to get into the training does not strike me as exceptional. Instead, it is pretty common.

If you want to add in things about testing, failure rates within the training, or specific training about cameras, or anything else that would signal that they are most elite people on the planet when it comes to reading videos I'm open to hearing it. My experience with a dude who joined the navy after we graduated from college because he wanted to be a pilot was that he was good dude, but he was no superman.

If you want to explain why the pilots in these videos are unable to read their equipment properly and are tricked by their cameras I'd like to hear it. Or, if you want to tell me where the VFX dudes got it wrong--despite being able to recreate the images in the videos--I'd like to hear that too. But, to say "I know that pilots are the best people ever to exist, they are infallible, and they know everything" isn't convincing when the videos clearly show them misreading the data and believing that a slow moving object is going a million miles an hour.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:07:52 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 848
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2023, 03:28:17 PM »

If you want to explain why the pilots in these videos are unable to read their equipment properly and are tricked by their cameras I'd like to hear it. Or, if you want to tell me where the VFX dudes got it wrong--despite being able to recreate the images in the videos--I'd like to hear that too. But, to say "I know that pilots are the best people ever to exist and they know everything" isn't convincing when the videos clearly show them misreading the data and believing that a slow moving object is going a million miles an hour.

Jesus Christ dude this isn't rocket surgery.

They aren't tricked by their cameras, YOU'RE tricked by a YouTube video. I dont know why you keep making these assumptions and claims with zero evidence and then passing them off as fact. First and foremost, vfx artists being able to recreate something that actually happened doesn't prove that thing didn't happen. It's literally what good artists do.

As for the pilots, They're switching between FLIR modes looking for the best picture because, like everything else in the air, visual conditions are constantly changing and sometimes one mode or pod will give you a better view than another. These encounters are BVR so thats the only way they were able to see the craft, which again, happened in the real world -they werent shown a video and then commented on it, they gave reports as soon as they got on the carrier - I don't know exactly what the hornet avionics suite is like but I know a little about the Falcon and it's suite (because part of my job was literally to take these WSV files and edit them for the commander) and this is exactly what they do when scoping out any potential target or adversary. Same thing when you're locking something up, there's more than one way to do it and you have more than one tool for the job.

You're clearly more concerned with not feeling wrong than actually being right here, hence why you keep trying to take it in circles and abstracitify it into oblivion instead of just considering that maybe you don't know much about this stuff as you assume you do.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2023, 10:14:37 PM »
What was that aliens-come-to-earth movie for kids from the 90s where they got the big heads and the main one is fitted out in, like, a bomber jacket?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2023, 07:43:24 AM »
Spaced Invaders

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2023, 08:04:19 AM »
oh shit yall the aliens just declared tomorrow an "international day of galactic jihad"

Inshallah
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2023, 02:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote

If you want to explain why the pilots in these videos are unable to read their equipment properly and are tricked by their cameras I'd like to hear it. Or, if you want to tell me where the VFX dudes got it wrong--despite being able to recreate the images in the videos--I'd like to hear that too. But, to say "I know that pilots are the best people ever to exist and they know everything" isn't convincing when the videos clearly show them misreading the data and believing that a slow moving object is going a million miles an hour.
[close]

Jesus Christ dude this isn't rocket surgery.

They aren't tricked by their cameras, YOU'RE tricked by a YouTube video. I dont know why you keep making these assumptions and claims with zero evidence and then passing them off as fact. First and foremost, vfx artists being able to recreate something that actually happened doesn't prove that thing didn't happen. It's literally what good artists do.

As for the pilots, They're switching between FLIR modes looking for the best picture because, like everything else in the air, visual conditions are constantly changing and sometimes one mode or pod will give you a better view than another. These encounters are BVR so thats the only way they were able to see the craft, which again, happened in the real world -they werent shown a video and then commented on it, they gave reports as soon as they got on the carrier - I don't know exactly what the hornet avionics suite is like but I know a little about the Falcon and it's suite (because part of my job was literally to take these WSV files and edit them for the commander) and this is exactly what they do when scoping out any potential target or adversary. Same thing when you're locking something up, there's more than one way to do it and you have more than one tool for the job.

You're clearly more concerned with not feeling wrong than actually being right here, hence why you keep trying to take it in circles and abstracitify it into oblivion instead of just considering that maybe you don't know much about this stuff as you assume you do.

I don’t care, nor do I think I know, one way or another, but want to note that after talking about other shit with a handful of military pilots, a few being old timers who flew in Vietnam, and most recently a cousin who flies special forces helicopters, they all say that most of the military, politicians, and civilians “don’t know a fucking thing about what goes on” in the air. I’m apt to believe that. All I know is that I don’t know nothing. And thats fine

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2023, 03:13:07 PM »
I have a lot I can add about the phenomenon, but you’d have to be ready and willing to understand that science and our current understanding of physics cannot fully explain it.

Reality is equal portions spiritual, science, metaphysical and mythological.

You can’t simply base what is happening on how we currently view reality with our current state of consciousness. It’s a lot deeper than just hypersonic aircraft’s and space beings.

That’s all I’m leaving it at.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2023, 11:24:45 AM »
I’d like to hear more from you on this subject, Puddy… making no assumptions about anything… think that’s what’s interesting about the topic is it forces you to potentially reconsider some really essential assumptions we have to make in order to go about our daily lives.  But reflecting on it all and asking big questions - and entertaining new ideas - is healthy as well… it definitely keeps things in perspective…

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2023, 12:15:43 PM »
Anyone interested in this topic should either read or listen to "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base" by Annie Jacobson, it provides the most logical answers to many of the questions that get brought up surrounding UFOs and UAPs that I have ever heard. While it's fun to imagine Bob Lazar saw a alien spacecraft at Area 51, I think there are far more logical answers than extra-terrestrial beings from outer space crashing into the desert of New Mexico in 1947 (and none since). The government likes to keep us distracted with the "alien conspiracy", as it gives them operational security and secrecy.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 12:30:54 PM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2023, 01:32:35 PM »
Good recommendation, will definitely check that out.

I think there are far more logical answers than extra-terrestrial beings from outer space crashing into the desert of New Mexico in 1947 (and none since).

Maybe this pertains to the book you’ve referenced, but what makes you so certain Roswell ‘47 has been the only instance of a crashed UFO?  I get that you’re skeptical, but I don’t think the “narrative” has ever been that it was a one-off… but that it initiated some ongoing elevated secrecy and research regarding what the US Air Force found there.