Author Topic: Samarria Brevard on Meow  (Read 3062 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
Re: Samarria Brevard on Meow
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »
I’m hyped for her getting picked up . But this is such a downgrade given the fact that meow and hoopla were basically female farm teams for the big companies during their whole pre Olympics female skater push . She was one of the first prominent female street skaters of this generation and deserves to be on a big company. 

That said at least meow is kinda on a come up now with adidas backing Mariah pretty hard the last few years and her Olympics appearance. I’ve never seen one of their boards in shops but hopefully with unity getting deluxe backing we’ll see these more niche female and lgtbq brands like glue and meow on shop walls now.
It is kind of a letdown that no big core brand picked her up. Things have gotten better in recent years but the core brands are still pretty conservative. But yeah maybe Meow will get bigger. They have Poe Pinson who is super talented

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2023, 11:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Meow team is kinda sick.  Poe, Samarria and Mariah Duran are among my favorite female skaters.  Sorta thought Mamaskate was on Bryte and I honestly don’t think she fits as well, but I guess Meow knows more about her than I do.  Happy for them.
[close]
I think mamas been on from the start
[close]

She's been on from the start. When she still lived in LB back in the day and would skate Cherry, she was on a Meow board. She only rocked Bryte for a second to support her dude.

Ah gotcha, yeah you’re probably right.  Other thing I just thought of was during the pandemic she might have been limited to Bryte boards when there were no others available.  Guessing Meow could’ve struggled with their supply like nearly every other company did.  Don’t blame anyone for taking a check from Cariuma really but it’s funny how they have her posed in such a way you can’t see the logo on her shoes.  That was smart  ;D

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2023, 12:00:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Meow team is kinda sick.  Poe, Samarria and Mariah Duran are among my favorite female skaters.  Sorta thought Mamaskate was on Bryte and I honestly don’t think she fits as well, but I guess Meow knows more about her than I do.  Happy for them.
[close]
I think mamas been on from the start
[close]

She's been on from the start. When she still lived in LB back in the day and would skate Cherry, she was on a Meow board. She only rocked Bryte for a second to support her dude.
[close]

Ah gotcha, yeah you’re probably right.  Other thing I just thought of was during the pandemic she might have been limited to Bryte boards when there were no others available.  Guessing Meow could’ve struggled with their supply like nearly every other company did.  Don’t blame anyone for taking a check from Cariuma really but it’s funny how they have her posed in such a way you can’t see the logo on her shoes.  That was smart  ;D
I ordered from them during the pandemic and I remember the site was mostly sold out for several months.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2023, 12:23:59 PM »
Unfortunate downgrade, she too good fuh dis

I’d say upgrade from the current status of enjoi

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2023, 01:29:11 PM »
Does Meow actually sell boards/pay riders?  I hope so, because all those girls rip and deserve a check.

I can't say for sure but considering the folks involved (Lisa Whitaker especially) are tireless advocates for women's skateboarding and equal pay in contests and whatnot, I would be pretty shocked if they weren't paying their riders appropriately. Who knows though

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2023, 02:06:53 AM »
I wish her well with Meow! Now they have super rad team and probably not only girls are about to buy their decks. I was about to order online one meow deck last week but wasnt sure about the actual specs. Ps measures the deck length through all the surface and i am not sure if the specs in their site are aerial or surface length. Has anyone here tried their 8 inch decks? they are listed 31,75  long iwth 14.25. I actually prefer the 14 wb but dont know if te 7.75 wont be to small for me. Now with Samaria\s new deck i wish it has the 14 wb coz i recently saw a post from Paul Smith that he has made a special deck for her with a 14 wb so i hope that all her decks are like this, i would love to try them.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2023, 04:07:27 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker