Author Topic: Alexis Sablone AS-1  (Read 13467 times)

burner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Alexis Sablone AS-1
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2023, 10:18:43 AM »
Has anyone seen these shoes in person in a smaller or maybe women's size? I noticed earlier on cons korea insta they had pairs with different Ollie bumps but now the story is gone.

Also regarding bringing up Alexis heel flip it was less about the not hanging toes and more about the seeming to flick off the board with the collar of the shoe more than the side of the heel.

Yeah, her nollie heel is pretty wild you’re right, and right off almost the ankle. Alexis re heels also are high off her heel, but yeah her the nollie heel is kinda crazy but works for her i guess. Need is toe flicker, so yeah I see your point, Alexis is really different in the flick.

What do you mean by different ollie bumps? Like different how than this (second slide). I’m pretty sure they are all the same accross the range just different colors, but maybe im wrong.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2023, 10:26:30 AM »
Expand Quote
re: heel flips....alot of the best heel flippers don't hang toes...ie. I don't think need does that much....you use the ball of your foot....
[close]

Yeah, I might be exaggerating a bit saying “you never see that”, but she’s certainly got a good heelflip and doesn’t hang toes but still is all heel (not ball flip :)). Yeah Need is a great heelflipper but he goes toes/ball. Maybe it’s just cause Alexis has smaller feet and skates an 8 that it stands out to me. Anyways, we can all agree she rips, and glad she’s getting shoe after 20yrs plus at the age of 36, that’s rad. The white/green is nice, but I think I like the black ones or cream, love that contrasting gum sole. Looks like a few more options coming soon too.

Those colorways are sick (not feeling the green myself). Those white/clear(?) grey sole ones are mine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2023, 10:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone seen these shoes in person in a smaller or maybe women's size? I noticed earlier on cons korea insta they had pairs with different Ollie bumps but now the story is gone.

Also regarding bringing up Alexis heel flip it was less about the not hanging toes and more about the seeming to flick off the board with the collar of the shoe more than the side of the heel.
[close]

Yeah, her nollie heel is pretty wild you’re right, and right off almost the ankle. Alexis re heels also are high off her heel, but yeah her the nollie heel is kinda crazy but works for her i guess. Need is toe flicker, so yeah I see your point, Alexis is really different in the flick.

What do you mean by different ollie bumps? Like different how than this (second slide). I’m pretty sure they are all the same accross the range just different colors, but maybe im wrong.

they only had 3 bumps instead of 4. Was thinking maybe they altered them for smaller sizes or something.

pops

• Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2023, 11:05:29 AM »
I really hope that shoe fits wide feet as well. They're growing on me. I like the white upper / dark grey sole.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
re: heel flips....alot of the best heel flippers don't hang toes...ie. I don't think need does that much....you use the ball of your foot....
[close]

Yeah, I might be exaggerating a bit saying “you never see that”, but she’s certainly got a good heelflip and doesn’t hang toes but still is all heel (not ball flip :)). Yeah Need is a great heelflipper but he goes toes/ball. Maybe it’s just cause Alexis has smaller feet and skates an 8 that it stands out to me. Anyways, we can all agree she rips, and glad she’s getting shoe after 20yrs plus at the age of 36, that’s rad. The white/green is nice, but I think I like the black ones or cream, love that contrasting gum sole. Looks like a few more options coming soon too.

[close]

Those colorways are sick (not feeling the green myself). Those white/clear(?) grey sole ones are mine.

Those are F&F

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2023, 12:48:07 PM »
I think it's a sick shoe....looks like a better version of a fastbreak to me.  The bumps aren't a new thing, when I see it, I think CT4 no?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2023, 01:01:42 PM »
I think it's a sick shoe....looks like a better version of a fastbreak to me.  The bumps aren't a new thing, when I see it, I think CT4 no?

It's sick for sure. Will note how they skate and put them on The List if they're solid. I do think the Fastbreak looks better though but I'm a sucker for high-tops.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1131
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2023, 01:57:47 PM »
I’m sold, I’d would be on the black suede pair, but the white stitching kills it for me.

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2023, 02:36:35 AM »
I’m sold, I’d would be on the black suede pair, but the white stitching kills it for me.

Yeah, contrast stiching is a bold choice, not for everyone, glad to see that there are gonna be options both ways. Those black suede reminds me of the stitching on simples.

beautifulcannolis

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2023, 05:38:49 AM »
I like the shoe, but as someone with a bigger foot I'm worried what it might look like in larger sizes.

Bought a pair of prods as a youth and they looked ridiculous on me. Same reason i dont think ill be able to get a pair of tiagos.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2023, 06:11:24 AM »
I'm a big hater of contrast stitching (especially white on black) but on these I really like it for some reason.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2023, 07:34:45 AM »
guess it's finally time for a cons containment thread

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • Get bent
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2023, 08:06:05 AM »

No she took the design cues from the Chany 2HE or whatever that converse model was, I refuse to believe that anything half as tasteful as her pro model came from that abomination that is the Chetty thomas 4, I can see why everyone wants to associate rubber nubs to that shitstain of a shoe, but I feel like it’s just to add a durability aspect to her shoe but yea I feel like those bumps more closely resemble the Chany 2HE which in my honest opinion was a better and way cooler looking shoe than that fucking toaster, also chet thomas fucking sucked
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2023, 10:41:14 AM »
It's odd because in some photos, some colorways have bumps in the ollie area and other ones have windows. Pretty odd to not be consistent across all colors, eh?
Super Champion Fun Zone

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2023, 10:44:07 AM »
It's odd because in some photos, some colorways have bumps in the ollie area and other ones have windows. Pretty odd to not be consistent across all colors, eh?

looks like leather version gets bumps, suede gets windows?

edit: did the thread rounds and it looks like they all have bumps. might be a lighting thing? also the inner foot area doesn't have bumps just windows which is what the above pic is a shot of

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 81
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2023, 12:49:05 PM »
anyone know what the deal is gonna be with colorways of this? the only one on the converse website currently is the white and green model but I feel like I've seen some photos of other colorways.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2288
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2023, 01:15:31 PM »
All the models have ollie bumps on the ollie side and only windows on the instep with no ollie bumps.

Smaller sizes do have only three ollie bumps. Sometimes smaller shoes also have one less lace hole.

If anyone is wondering about inspirations, this is from the original package sent out to shops:

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 317
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2023, 01:24:04 PM »
anyone know what the deal is gonna be with colorways of this? the only one on the converse website currently is the white and green model but I feel like I've seen some photos of other colorways.
all the colorways leaked here probably will come out in scheduled future drops. the white/green is the initial release/launch colorway

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2023, 02:11:59 PM »
That white (upper) black (sole) with connecting chevron...dizzamn.

Not sure what's up with the seemingly industry standard of unexciting launch colorways... especially green and white...stop with the Stan Smith colors already..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 03:07:04 PM by Xen »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2023, 04:32:17 PM »
That white (upper) black (sole) with connecting chevron...dizzamn.

Not sure what's up with the seemingly industry standard of unexciting launch colorways... especially green and white...stop with the Stan Smith colors already..

You think any white and green shoe is a Stan smith colorway?!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2023, 06:18:36 PM »
I thought the green was a Boston thing….

Expand Quote
[close]

No she took the design cues from the Chany 2HE or whatever that converse model was, I refuse to believe that anything half as tasteful as her pro model came from that abomination that is the Chetty thomas 4, I can see why everyone wants to associate rubber nubs to that shitstain of a shoe, but I feel like it’s just to add a durability aspect to her shoe but yea I feel like those bumps more closely resemble the Chany 2HE which in my honest opinion was a better and way cooler looking shoe than that fucking toaster, also chet thomas fucking sucked

If you ever needed to whip off your shoe and break a window the CT4 had you covered…..

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2023, 06:29:39 PM »
Based off the Jordan 4, The Griffin Gass Lakai, the Alexis, the Frankie NB and others, I think white with green is just the hot colorway atm

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2023, 09:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you ever needed to whip off your shoe and break a window the CT4 had you covered…..

Converse had a shoe extremely similar to this, but higher with a strap. I have an edit of me skating it from 12 years ago. Unfortunately it was filmed on 2010s potato.

It had the same general silhouette. The plastic eyelet at the top, the Ollie bumps, and and other similar design elements. I hate that I can’t find the name of that shoe.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 122
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2023, 05:48:21 AM »
What’s the cushion like in Cons cupsoles? I am old and need a supportive cup but these are looking awfully sweet.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2023, 05:59:25 AM »
What’s the cushion like in Cons cupsoles? I am old and need a supportive cup but these are looking awfully sweet.
he says it's kind of minimal but I think he usually reviews basketball and running shoes so any skate shoe would prob seem minimal in comparison

IpathCats

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2023, 08:47:10 AM »
Just ordered them from crushed skate shop.

Should be here by the end of the week since I'm like an hour and a half away from them.

Stoked.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2023, 09:05:28 AM »
Just ordered them from crushed skate shop.

Should be here by the end of the week since I'm like an hour and a half away from them.

Stoked.

TTS or half size down?

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 122
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he says it's kind of minimal but I think he usually reviews basketball and running shoes so any skate shoe would prob seem minimal in comparison

Thanks, man! I ordered some and should have them by the end of the week.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2023, 11:46:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Converse had a shoe extremely similar to this, but higher with a strap. I have an edit of me skating it from 12 years ago. Unfortunately it was filmed on 2010s potato.

It had the same general silhouette. The plastic eyelet at the top, the Ollie bumps, and and other similar design elements. I hate that I can’t find the name of that shoe.

Was it the erx?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2023, 12:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Was it the erx?

not the ERX, I picked them up from ross. I think they may have been from a scraped Cons project. They had the Converse cons branding on them, but this was at the same time the new skate program relaunched and they were not part of that collection.