Author Topic: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..  (Read 78238 times)

Warmup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Re: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2023, 01:51:26 PM »
Gottem

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
He literally was looking through this thread and it looks like he texts some one who replies that they don’t wanna say anything (suspicious, huh?), then a while later when he’s moved on he checks his phone again and says that someone else says it’s happening…….god I feel like a nerd

So verified- GH looks at slap
And probably verified - Karen and JA on FA

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2023, 04:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A little flame to the rumors, but gifted hater said it seems like this is actually happening on stream
[close]

The guy that lives in his mom’s basement and runs a YouTube page thinks this is happening.
[close]

He's on Sci-Fi, pays his bills through streaming, and is a lot more connected than you think.
[close]
Rent is free at moms house
The entire universe is connected
He gets his information from slap.
[close]

I can understand not liking his takes but this is super reductionist and reactionary
[close]

He does get the majority of his talking from slap though.

In this economy living with family or family living with you makes sense

dude has 2k members on his patreon at $10 and $5 a month tiers, assuming they all pay the lower $5 fee that's $10,000 a month before patreon takes its cut. If the patron prices are split 50/50 then it's $15,000 a month! hater hit the jackpot, wait what are we talking about again

in any case i think he can afford a 1 bedroom apartment

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2023, 05:18:24 PM »
well yea but as with every "x skater is on/of" the first posts are speculation and then over time evolve (like the picture of curren skating an FA board)

it's not a "no shit" from the first post by any means it didn't even gain credence until a handful of pages in

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2023, 05:32:44 PM »
The Hater’s Gift has always been to blend the irreverence of an extremely online, irony-poisoned zoomer with the rumor mill and shit talking of Slap into a digestible YouTube format. You can like or dislike him, but the market has spoken and there’s a demand for what he’s saying.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A little flame to the rumors, but gifted hater said it seems like this is actually happening on stream
[close]

The guy that lives in his mom’s basement and runs a YouTube page thinks this is happening.
[close]

He's on Sci-Fi, pays his bills through streaming, and is a lot more connected than you think.
[close]
[close]

I can understand not liking his takes but this is super reductionist and reactionary
[close]

[close]

dude has 2k members on his patreon at $10 and $5 a month tiers, assuming they all pay the lower $5 fee that's $10,000 a month before patreon takes its cut. If the patron prices are split 50/50 then it's $15,000 a month! hater hit the jackpot, wait what are we talking about again

[close]
You idiots are paying his rent and he’s just regurgitating the stupid shit he reads on here.
No shit Karen and Jake are on FA. It’s the first post in this thread . You fucking idiots

Jesus dude, who pissed in your Cheerios? The only thing more embarrassing than caring too much about what GH says is to be this angry about him.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2023, 05:44:55 PM »
The Hater’s Gift has always been to blend the irreverence of an extremely online, irony-poisoned zoomer with the rumor mill and shit talking of Slap into a digestible YouTube format. You can like or dislike him, but the market has spoken and there’s a demand for what he’s saying.

Well said. Despite his annoying voice I have no problem sitting through hour long GH videos, shit is strangely relaxing and therapeutic.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2023, 06:46:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You idiots are paying his rent and he’s just regurgitating the stupid shit he reads on here.
No shit Karen and Jake are on FA. It’s the first post in this thread . You fucking idiots

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2023, 08:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How many books did you read today ?
6. Maybe 12.

nothing's been the since same

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2023, 08:38:06 PM »
Gifted hater if you ever read this I think you are way cooler than everyone on slap combined

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2023, 12:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How many books did you read today ?
Yeah! 'Cause reading books is fucking stupid. You with all your stupid fucking words. What does "irreverence" or "irony-poisoned" even mean? Ugh! I just wanna hit somebody it's so stupid. Fuckin' books!
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2023, 03:15:36 PM »
This means nothing though

https://imgur.com/a/TX5jXRq  ;D

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2023, 03:32:39 PM »

That’s some fine deducerating, my good Sherlock.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2023, 04:01:21 PM »
I’m stoked for Jake, Louie and Curren being able to get paid to skate together.
But the real alpha move would be of Jim T pulled the trigger on a new DLX board brand with those three, brought Mason over from Real. Full homie squad, Ryan Lee as filmer. It’s perfect.
I’m really just pulling hard for this as I am so unenthused by FA.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »

Bro don't you know the first rule of talking about GH is to never make fun of his fans?

If what Gifted Hater does to make money is so easy, why is there not a single other soul on Earth able to do it? Because no one else has been able to pull off the trifecta of:

1) relatable, ironic, satirical commentary of current street skateboarding
2) be good at skating
3) know how to edit videos with 1) and 2) and post on YT

TBH this SLAP thread about Jake and Curren going to FA is entertaining, but a well put together GH YT video on this topic is more entertaining

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2023, 06:55:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bro don't you know the first rule of talking about GH is to never make fun of his fans?

If what Gifted Hater does to make money is so easy, why is there not a single other soul on Earth able to do it? Because no one else has been able to pull off the trifecta of:

1) relatable, ironic, satirical commentary of current street skateboarding
2) be good at skating
3) know how to edit videos with 1) and 2) and post on YT

TBH this SLAP thread about Jake and Curren going to FA is entertaining, but a well put together GH YT video on this topic is more entertaining

I’m not saying GH videos are un watchable I’ve watched some. But I was never entertained. I’ll check more out. He does rip at skating. I don’t think he’s entertaining or original but he does rip at skating.

Also looks like the boys are on FA now. Hopefully this means they put out more footy and some sick welcome edits. FA is corny though.

maxpalmerfan

• Rep: -4
  • free max b
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2023, 08:27:28 PM »
But the real alpha move would be of Jim T pulled the trigger on a new DLX board brand with those three, brought Mason over from Real. Full homie squad, Ryan Lee as filmer. It’s perfect.

i wouldn't be mad at this at all, i dont care for FA much either. but if they actually add jake and curren to the roster i will start to care a lot more lmao. wouldn't be shocked if mason left real, the graphics are consistently so god damn ugly and their videos feel very uninspired.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2023, 08:00:31 AM »
FA really lost it over the last few years huh?
Curren is good at playing skateboards but dude is a loaf of Wonder Bread paired with a gallon of 1% Milk that you have to consume after bible study.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2023, 09:32:01 AM »
Mason leaving real would be dumb. I get it’s with his homies. But he still skates with those dudes anyway. Leaving real bad graphics aside (getting better but who cares they scratch off after skating) for FA a company that was just based on dumb fashion being trendy and hype beast shit that’s now on the way out is not a good movie to skate with friends you skate with anyway.

Long story short mason leaving real for fa would be about as bad of a choice as leaving baker for violet.

Fa may be “cooler” than real but to most skateboarders real is more respected. And fa ain’t even cool now the trendy kids are falling off it

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2023, 10:16:24 AM »

Top tier detective job, might contract you to find if I'm being cheated on
:p

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2023, 12:46:57 PM »
It would be funny if Staba was just trolling people leading up to the video and making people think these guys were on FA...would be a great hoax honestly.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2023, 02:41:35 AM »
"I'd rather watch Cardiel push"

-Gifted Hater

Lol no but I love when he gets in that mode. He quickly corrects to Gino but I think he says Cards on purpose every time to trigger a certain demographic that I probably fall into.

Warmup

• Rep: -16
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2023, 04:03:57 AM »
Gifteds voice is triggering

grandslam

• Rep: 46
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2023, 08:18:24 AM »
If GH's intel didn't respond to him, i would never put it past Staba to pull a sort of ruse like this at all.

Mallie

• Rep: 37
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2023, 01:54:16 PM »
If GH's intel didn't respond to him, i would never put it past Staba to pull a sort of ruse like this at all.

And in a Copernican shift of situation - his plug is Staba.

*Poirot trembles, Colombo faints*
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2023, 03:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BRAVO

Bakers Bark

• Rep: 5
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2023, 03:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Father Brown furrows his brow

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2023, 04:04:37 PM »
Mason leaving real would be dumb. I get it’s with his homies. But he still skates with those dudes anyway. Leaving real bad graphics aside (getting better but who cares they scratch off after skating) for FA a company that was just based on dumb fashion being trendy and hype beast shit that’s now on the way out is not a good movie to skate with friends you skate with anyway.

Long story short mason leaving real for fa would be about as bad of a choice as leaving baker for violet.

Fa may be “cooler” than real but to most skateboarders real is more respected. And fa ain’t even cool now the trendy kids are falling off it
It's very rare for people pro on DLX to leave it. Over the past 25 years, I can only think of only a couple who left by their own volition such as Cairo to start Popwar at Giant, AA to get on Hockey and Darrell Stanton leaving for Element. Some guys found new homes outside of DLX after Rasa Libre went bust (Dylan and Omar) and some guys left when Stereo collapsed (Dollin), but I think only Omar was pro at the time, and may not have had a landing spot at DLX.

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2023, 04:08:09 PM »
FA really lost it over the last few years huh?
Curren is good at playing skateboards but dude is a loaf of Wonder Bread paired with a gallon of 1% Milk that you have to consume after bible study.

You didn't see his latest part?

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2023, 05:30:04 PM »
the funniest part about this is that its basically funeral home but without gillette