Author Topic: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..  (Read 77670 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2023, 08:15:31 AM »
It’ll be funny if FA is the one to add Jake, Curren instead of Real. Kinda like adding BA and McCrank for Girl. If they steal Mason from Real that’d be crazy.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2023, 09:04:50 AM »
I think adding some clean cut guys actually makes a lot of sense for FA as they reach and surpass their ten year mark as a brand.

I dont know about you guys but I get the sense that the New York cool guy, hyper edgy graphic and videos are getting played out to the point of corniness. By adding Curren and Jake they definitely appeal to people that don't want cocaine dad graphics or whatever FA puts out. Also as a brand ages so does it's consumers, so adding pros that appeal to late 20s early 30s skaters that have money to spend also makes sense.
I agree with this to an extent but also am confused as to how FA could change its image and re gain a cool/ core brand formula (which I think they lost years ago) - them buying out some top performers as they start selling in Zumiez doesn’t really appeal to me as someone in his mid 20s - I’m sure my opinion isn’t that different from people 3-10 years older then me.
 It makes them seem rich and washed. Louie worked as an outlier on the team - he’s like the one honors student who gets down with the rejects after school or something. If anything I wish FA would focus on being a kind of legends or og team - with hockey having a bunch of more active young rippers. Especially with dill being an old guy now - his generation is filled with ogs that deserve some shine as they get older , instead he’s just tryna poach kids and re brand them all as the same shit he dreamed up coked out like 20 years ago
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

fried

• Rep: 49
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2023, 09:06:26 AM »
It’s happening.

Sorry austyn

Mall Grab Mike

• Rep: -9
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2023, 09:11:15 AM »
Both of them are still riding Skate Mental boards as of Saturday.

switchfakie

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
i would actually fuck with FA heavily if dill did that

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »
currens school photo better be wearing a flip tee

lol

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2023, 10:34:30 AM »
Expand Quote
I think adding some clean cut guys actually makes a lot of sense for FA as they reach and surpass their ten year mark as a brand.

I dont know about you guys but I get the sense that the New York cool guy, hyper edgy graphic and videos are getting played out to the point of corniness. By adding Curren and Jake they definitely appeal to people that don't want cocaine dad graphics or whatever FA puts out. Also as a brand ages so does it's consumers, so adding pros that appeal to late 20s early 30s skaters that have money to spend also makes sense.
[close]
I agree with this to an extent but also am confused as to how FA could change its image and re gain a cool/ core brand formula (which I think they lost years ago) - them buying out some top performers as they start selling in Zumiez doesn’t really appeal to me as someone in his mid 20s - I’m sure my opinion isn’t that different from people 3-10 years older then me.
 It makes them seem rich and washed. Louie worked as an outlier on the team - he’s like the one honors student who gets down with the rejects after school or something. If anything I wish FA would focus on being a kind of legends or og team - with hockey having a bunch of more active young rippers. Especially with dill being an old guy now - his generation is filled with ogs that deserve some shine as they get older , instead he’s just tryna poach kids and re brand them all as the same shit he dreamed up coked out like 20 years ago

I don't know if it's happening or not but I don't think anyone buying FA actually cares about the "image" to the extent you're ascribing.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »
FA voted Yes for them & No to Austyn. Makes sense. Lovely.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2023, 10:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I don't know if it's happening or not but I don't think anyone buying FA actually cares about the "image" to the extent you're ascribing.
True true, I find myself in a vacuum sometimes - also to this extent though - FA should j start sponsoring actors - I’d buy a FA Timothy chaumelot pro board or wtf that teenage heart throb kids name is .
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
FA should j start sponsoring actors

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2023, 11:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn I forgot about those - I would rather skate that Chloe board then any jake Anderson pro board, off topic but I’d love if Paris Hilton got on FA, would 100% buy that board , Lindsey Lohan too
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2023, 11:23:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Damn I forgot about those - I would rather skate that Chloe board then any jake Anderson pro board, off topic but I’d love if Paris Hilton got on FA, would 100% buy that board , Lindsey Lohan too

Paris board would need to be night vision though.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2023, 11:32:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Paris board would need to be night vision though.

Hahaha I get it
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2023, 11:40:47 AM »

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2023, 11:42:40 AM »
you think the FA team votes who gets in like antihero does? bc idk if elijah would be down for Jake since, you know, he's super tight with austyn and stuff

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2023, 11:43:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

ABD quartersnacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4V87RdGQb8

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2023, 11:46:59 AM »
you think the FA team votes who gets in like antihero does? bc idk if elijah would be down for Jake since, you know, he's super tight with austyn and stuff
Elijah and austyn prolly kissin rn
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

grandslam

• Rep: 40
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2023, 12:13:24 PM »
Going to be a weird day at the FORMER office space..

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2023, 12:14:38 PM »
Am I'm the only person that calls him Janderson

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2023, 12:24:37 PM »
Dill is a lot of things, but he's not a dumb marketer. This super team has been brewing for a while and he has the louie chip to pull it off.

Don't say I didn't call it.... https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108508.msg3800881#msg3800881

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2023, 12:57:17 PM »
Dill is a lot of things, but he's not a dumb marketer. This super team has been brewing for a while and he has the louie chip to pull it off.

Don't say I didn't call it.... https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108508.msg3800881#msg3800881
Dumb a dill marketer
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2023, 01:00:28 PM »
just noticed Curren doesn't have skate mental listed in his insta bio anymore

To be fair I wouldn't list Skate Mental even if I rode for them either.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2023, 01:10:12 PM »

I’m still going to say it.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2023, 01:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

me too

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2023, 01:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

me too
Me three

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »
This

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2023, 04:21:13 PM »

damn, who would have thought to put together a team of some of the most talented skaters today. brand new idea

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2023, 04:27:10 PM »
He said that's how it works in an interview: "Anyone who gets on is voted on. Each pro votes yes or no. The whole thing is a democracy and pretty much outta my hands." https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/the-search-for-the-perfect-am/

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2023, 04:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn, who would have thought to put together a team of some of the most talented skaters today. brand new idea

Which IC/Alfred has cleverly done the opposite of