Author Topic: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..  (Read 77686 times)

AllisonChalmers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
Re: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2023, 05:26:59 AM »
The Austyn/Dill beef and Jake riding for Former doesn't really align with this narative but would love to see them on something better than skate mental, which is pretty much anything.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2023, 06:29:29 AM »
i think antonio durao has to be in this conversation. i'd hate to see him left hanging. could see him on hockey - he's in with that nik stain / 917 / hardbody lose NYC crew.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2023, 11:44:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
loosely confirmed by a burly horse’s mouth, and(erson) his future riding companion while tethered to a saloon in ATL
[close]

Wait are you saying he's on Sovrn
[close]
;D i’m also hearing this is true surprisingly.

fa amazes me… “yeah we’re just really cultured and our image is younger kids from the slums who are undiscovered talent we want to show to the world” …. (loses tyshawn & nakel) “alright let’s get those two privileged kids from ventura that ride for skate mental”
[close]

Mmm don’t know if they were ever showcasing kids from the slums.   Cherry was about giving the underseen city kids a spotlight.   I guess you’re talking about Tyshawn as a slum dweller, which seems….gross.   But since then they’ve added Gino, Elijah, and Touzery, so it’s not like this some recent trend.   It’s more like treating Louie like Lebron and hoping he’ll stick around if you hire his friends
[close]
good analogy :-)
[close]
it was a joke & it wasnt intended to sound that way, i’m saying that’s the image that dill is going for or was by the things he says. i don’t think any of them are from the slums, i just meant dill calling them his children & all of that is him creating a narrative that they don’t come from much in order to be edgy. how is that analogy grosser than a brand called “dirty ghetto kids” or anything like that & isnt tyshawn coming from nothing to be so successful apart of his whole story?
[close]
i bolded the analogy about Louie getting the Lebron treatment if Curren and JA join FA, and I genuinely think it's a decent analogy lol. i was only referring to that final sentence tho. sorry for the miscommunication my friend
[close]
no you’re good i meant to quote atiba my bad bud haha.

Ok I see how the slum thing was meant as Dill saying it now.  Apologies for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.   

DGK is a weird name too, but I guess it was a self-appointed name of a group of Philly people that Stevie had to get permission from to use

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2023, 11:51:44 AM »
i think antonio durao has to be in this conversation. i'd hate to see him left hanging. could see him on hockey - he's in with that nik stain / 917 / hardbody lose NYC crew.

Durao goes wherever Koston goes.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2023, 12:03:01 PM »
Skatemental seems like an ideal company to ride for. They don’t tour. They don’t make videos. They just seem to let their riders do whatever they want. They don’t even try to be cool. It’s a stacked team even without curren and jake. Truthfully I’d rather watch a new Giorgio part where he does some more weirdo shit then anything FA has ever put out.

Didn’t Giorgio quit like 2 years ago? Or am
I thinking of the weird Italian name big pop guy that was on. I know there’s 2 and I’m not smart enough to know which is which.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

slimvanilla

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2023, 01:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Skatemental seems like an ideal company to ride for. They don’t tour. They don’t make videos. They just seem to let their riders do whatever they want. They don’t even try to be cool. It’s a stacked team even without curren and jake. Truthfully I’d rather watch a new Giorgio part where he does some more weirdo shit then anything FA has ever put out.
[close]

I thinking of the weird Italian name big pop guy that was on. I know there’s 2 and I’m not smart enough to know which is which.
nah that fool is still ripping. had an IG post a couple days ago of an insane treflip noseblunt/skid down a marbley hubba

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
loosely confirmed by a burly horse’s mouth, and(erson) his future riding companion while tethered to a saloon in ATL
[close]

[close]

fa amazes me… “yeah we’re just really cultured and our image is younger kids from the slums who are undiscovered talent we want to show to the world” …. (loses tyshawn & nakel) “alright let’s get those two privileged kids from ventura that ride for skate mental”
[close]

Mmm don’t know if they were ever showcasing kids from the slums.   Cherry was about giving the underseen city kids a spotlight.   I guess you’re talking about Tyshawn as a slum dweller, which seems….gross.   But since then they’ve added Gino, Elijah, and Touzery, so it’s not like this some recent trend.   It’s more like treating Louie like Lebron and hoping he’ll stick around if you hire his friends
[close]
[close]
it was a joke & it wasnt intended to sound that way, i’m saying that’s the image that dill is going for or was by the things he says. i don’t think any of them are from the slums, i just meant dill calling them his children & all of that is him creating a narrative that they don’t come from much in order to be edgy. how is that analogy grosser than a brand called “dirty ghetto kids” or anything like that & isnt tyshawn coming from nothing to be so successful apart of his whole story?
[close]
i bolded the analogy about Louie getting the Lebron treatment if Curren and JA join FA, and I genuinely think it's a decent analogy lol. i was only referring to that final sentence tho. sorry for the miscommunication my friend
[close]
[close]

Ok I see how the slum thing was meant as Dill saying it now.  Apologies for not giving you the benefit of the doubt.   

DGK is a weird name too, but I guess it was a self-appointed name of a group of Philly people that Stevie had to get permission from to use

My memory is bad but I thought dgk came from someone calling stevie a dgk so he took it and ran with it.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2023, 03:40:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
nah that fool is still ripping. had an IG post a couple days ago of an insane treflip noseblunt/skid down a marbley hubba

Quitting SM doesn't men he's not skating.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2023, 03:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Quitting SM doesn't men he's not skating.

Yeah I didn’t mean he quit skating . But it was Adrian del campo I was thinking of. Both euro dudes with Italian sounding names on skate mental and Nike. Easy to get confused .

fried

• Rep: 49
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2023, 11:51:15 AM »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2023, 12:09:41 PM »
interesting, looks like they're printing on his oval shape.

So, FA no longer finding a developing new NY talent? They getting Alec Majerus and Matter Berger next?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2023, 12:13:29 PM »

So, FA no longer finding a developing new NY talent? They getting Alec Majerus and Matter Berger next?

I think it’s just easier to maintain an LA team.   Why crowd the Violet space - the city youth was always Bills bailiwick

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2023, 12:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it’s just easier to maintain an LA team.   Why crowd the Violet space - the city youth was always Bills bailiwick

Was gonna say Dill was living in nyc ? Or at least they’re  way more at the time. And the last “nyc” person they turned pro was the likely most egregious promotion in skate history.

Still lame tho if true . Skate mental is a weird ass brand but the team right now is actually sick. But if this is what keeps Louie happy, maybe we’ll get mason too.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2023, 12:53:59 PM »
If these swaps go down it'll kinda be an FA 2.0 effectively. Hopefully it will be better than the 1.0 unlike many companies out there.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2023, 01:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Violet is mostly Philly based, is it not? And I mean FA was around long before Violet was so it's kind of the other way around

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2023, 01:50:57 PM »
Curren definitely skating that new Touzery FA board. Crazy. I really thought that nothing would come of this. The plot thickens. At this point, it's still gonna take more than that for me to actually care about FA though.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2023, 02:47:43 PM »
Everybody will be creaming their pants when the video comes out. Bring it on.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2023, 03:16:51 PM »
It’s a Skate Mental x FA collab, “Fucking Mental”

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2023, 03:27:12 PM »
Smart re-build if you ask me. Their highest profile rider left, the rest of the OG squad isn’t super productive, and Violet is on their corner in terms of grabbing young talent.

Makes sense to build around the best guy on the team. Plus we all want to see Louie, Curren, and Jake on the same team.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2023, 03:44:29 PM »
Smart re-build if you ask me. Their highest profile rider left, the rest of the OG squad isn’t super productive, and Violet is on their corner in terms of grabbing young talent.

Makes sense to build around the best guy on the team. Plus we all want to see Louie, Curren, and Jake on the same team.

Plus  wasn’t it bill that kinda got the young talent on FA like a talent scout in a weird way? I know it’s dills thing but in my head it was bill that kinda curated the team. But I may be thinking of supreme or be completely wrong. If this means more Louie curren and Jake edits I’m bout it. But FA is kinda lame now any way. Never was a huge fan but they just fell off
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:47:56 PM by Murge »

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2023, 03:53:07 PM »
It would be cool if the go to jacuzzi unlimited

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2023, 04:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

My memory is bad but I thought dgk came from someone calling stevie a dgk so he took it and ran with it.

it was ricky oyola n co. called steve n kalis's crew " a bunch of dirty gheto kids". its in either the love park doc on video mag did, or epicly laterd. i forget

but anyways...currren on FA is kinda tight. something that you would never imagine happening 5, or even 2 years ago.  that lil elijah, louie, kb edit they posted today was dope asf. KB is a national treasure lowkey.
dont even get me started on vincent.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2023, 05:30:54 PM »
I was there and watched it all go down. The trash can tricks were fucked up
fuck you bama

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2023, 09:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

it was ricky oyola n co. called steve n kalis's crew " a bunch of dirty gheto kids". its in either the love park doc on video mag did, or epicly laterd. i forget

but anyways...currren on FA is kinda tight. something that you would never imagine happening 5, or even 2 years ago.  that lil elijah, louie, kb edit they posted today was dope asf. KB is a national treasure lowkey.

You know if currens actually on and they have KB skating with the team out in LA for the first time in forever instead of on his typical little adventures , Dill is really going for a refresh

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2023, 10:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You know if currens actually on and they have KB skating with the team out in LA for the first time in forever instead of on his typical little adventures , Dill is really going for a refresh

Curren is talented.
But, I don't think we've seen THE Curren part.
Hopefully this change and how the FA camp edits their videos may give Curren the part I want to see from him.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2023, 04:22:15 AM »
@mynameisnotjeff so maybe that vans part was a footy dump? And he’s stacking for an FA part?

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 28
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2023, 04:32:15 AM »
This might be a controversial take, but Curren moving to FA could move them closer to what the brand was 10 years ago.

Curren is one of the best rn and FA needs it
:p

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2023, 05:52:18 AM »
This might be a controversial take, but Curren moving to FA could move them closer to what the brand was 10 years ago.

THIS

BUT

THAT
Curren definitely skating that new Touzery FA board. Crazy. I really thought that nothing would come of this. The plot thickens. At this point, it's still gonna take more than that for me to actually care about FA though.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2023, 06:00:05 AM »

Yes, adopting a bunch of established pros is the fresh start FA needs.

Idk, I’ve never been an FA fan really, so I guess my thoughts don’t matter. I am more likely to by a curren or Louie fA board than I was a flip board, or any of the original FA team.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 11:41:31 AM by TwisT »

thespacewolf

• Rep: 10
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2023, 11:38:47 AM »
I wonder the Curren x Louie duo will fill the Tyshawn x Nak duo hole FA has.

Not to mention it would be sick if Curren & Louie share a board.