Author Topic: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..  (Read 77673 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
Re: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2023, 11:53:06 AM »
Kind of hard for me to shake the clean-cut image I have of him. Not that that's a bad thing, just doesn't jive with FA imo. Would prefer to see some unknown ams who kill it on the team.

No Wave Comply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2023, 11:56:53 AM »
I was there and watched it all go down. The trash can tricks were fucked up

Garvanza Extravaganza. I imagine seeing that massive kickflip board and impossible nosegrind/crook-thing (with his foot dangling) IRL was fucked. Berle still looks like an insencure 80's movie bully, but that trick was impressive and hairy in the best way.

Getting Curren (and hopefully Jake too) will be a boon for them, but unless FA focuses more on actual skating (the occasional park clips on Instagram aren't cutting it) and chills with the look-book fashionista barrage, they could be interesting. Although, something tells me we're gonna end up just seeing more shoe collabs and Dill speaking engagements.

Kind of hard for me to shake the clean-cut image I have of him. Not that that's a bad thing, just doesn't jive with FA imo. Would prefer to see some unknown ams who kill it on the team.

100% agree. They could definitely use some hungry and relevant ams. That would be a better way to go.

Hockey could too. I don't understood why they only have one am now, although talented.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2023, 12:02:31 PM »
I wonder the Curren x Louie duo will fill the Tyshawn x Nak duo hole FA has.

Not to mention it would be sick if Curren & Louie share a board.

And then Curren and Louie quite FA to start their own brand called.......Everything Is Awesome.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 28
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »

I feel like we fell into the pit where there's a insane amount of new company's with unknown AMs taking the spotlights, FA needs the image that Curren and Louie brings to revitalize the old public and grow a new future/making a solid foundation.
:p

slimvanilla

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
FA snagging Karen and JA would be huge. they've (FA) definitely fallen off, but grabbing these heavy hitters would bring em back. not saying they would fill the Tyshawn-sized void, but it's better than maintaining their lowered production with dudes not skating or being injured. Louie can only carry FA for so long...

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2023, 02:03:41 PM »
I wonder the Curren x Louie duo will fill the Tyshawn x Nak duo hole FA has.

Not to mention it would be sick if Curren & Louie share a board.

I’m not the biggest Tyshawn fan (read: not a hater - he does amazing skating but it doesn’t really do anything for me… he didn’t originally clear the table), but Curren (potential ‘23 SOTY run) or Louie (has been thiiiis close to SOTY almost every year since 2017) easily > Nakel. That’s not even a question. Arguably, Nakel leaving FA and not even getting replaced would be a +1 for FA, considering the baggage dude brought with him re: L*tties

Curren and Louie being a greater sum than TJ, however, is way more subjective. Curren hasn’t put out a damn thing recently until that Vans part, and TJ goes radio silent every few years as well, but the last two times he put footage out, he won SOTY. Meanwhile Louie has been putting out 10 minutes of footage a year but doesn’t have that title.

Also Jake Anderson is sick and deserves better than Skate Mental
I had too much coffee today
S/o Karen
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2023, 03:37:32 PM »
That’s a good point. Curren didn’t put much out but pop up in edits for rvca every so often then did that banger  vans part. And I think had a good amount of footage In a rvca edit.

My point is if curren goes to FA is he just gonna go MIA like most of FA or fill that tj spot where he actually is constantly producing something?

Jake Anderson seems to drop footy pretty regular. Fun to watch too

Curren probably can’t fill TJs shoes alone But curren and JA could. And Nak barely counts.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2023, 03:51:25 PM »
@mynameisnotjeff so maybe that vans part was a footy dump? And he’s stacking for an FA part?
Nah, he'd been working on this part for a while. He talked about it in his bunt episode last year.

Curren is talented.
But, I don't think we've seen THE Curren part.
Hopefully this change and how the FA camp edits their videos may give Curren the part I want to see from him.
To me (and I think a lot of other people as well) the vans part was THE Curren part. While I personally wish there was more transition footage, for the most part it's the Curren part I'd always wanted. I could still see him making an even better one though.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2023, 04:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
This might be a controversial take, but Curren moving to FA could move them closer to what the brand was 10 years ago.

Curren is one of the best rn and FA needs it
[close]

Yes, adopting a bunch of established pros is the fresh start FA needs.

Idk, I’ve never been an FA fan really, so I guess my thoughts don’t matter. I am more likely to by a curren or Louie fA board than I was a flip board, or any of the original FA team.

this is such an odd sentiment.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2023, 07:32:27 PM »

Curren is a notorious partier. Definitely looks clean cut but he has some war stories.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2023, 07:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Curren is a notorious partier. Definitely looks clean cut but he has some war stories.
His Bunt interview was amazing for this reason. I've always thought Curren was an incredible skater, but that interview was great at giving insight on who he actually is. Def made me stop thinking about him as just some dreamt up marketing dream from SoCal.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2023, 07:59:05 PM »
Curren and Jake are extremely good adds.  They skate how I wish I could skate.

icedancer

• Rep: -10
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2023, 11:02:24 PM »
Curren, Jake and Louie starting a brand under the FA camp after all would be the best case scenario here.

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2023, 12:06:26 AM »
FA snagging Karen and JA would be huge. they've (FA) definitely fallen off, but grabbing these heavy hitters would bring em back. not saying they would fill the Tyshawn-sized void, but it's better than maintaining their lowered production with dudes not skating or being injured. Louie can only carry FA for so long...

I think the opposite. FA was originally as core as it could be and it was considered extremely hard to get on. You had to have something about you. Curren and Jake did not have that thing/dont have that thing and wouldn't have got on back then. If they get on its almost like watering down what their whole image was.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2023, 02:55:39 AM »
That’s how I felt about Louie getting on.  He doesn’t really fit FA’s image, and the only way he will, is if they veer away from that fashion-conscious image and continue adding rippers like Curren and Jake.

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2023, 05:26:13 AM »

Think we gonna see the real Karen since he’s done with the dew. IMO.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2023, 05:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This might be a controversial take, but Curren moving to FA could move them closer to what the brand was 10 years ago.

Curren is one of the best rn and FA needs it
[close]

Yes, adopting a bunch of established pros is the fresh start FA needs.

Idk, I’ve never been an FA fan really, so I guess my thoughts don’t matter. I am more likely to by a curren or Louie fA board than I was a flip board, or any of the original FA team.
[close]

this is such an odd sentiment.

I thought it was pretty obvious sarcasm.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2023, 08:54:20 AM »
Dill knows that Louie and his friends have enough hype around them that they could easily do their own brand and are probly already getting offers to do so. He’s like the cool parent that lets the kids drink at his house so they don’t get into trouble elsewhere.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
His Bunt interview was amazing for this reason. I've always thought Curren was an incredible skater, but that interview was great at giving insight on who he actually is. Def made me stop thinking about him as just some dreamt up marketing dream from SoCal.
One of the craziest stalker tales I’ve ever heard.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2023, 05:06:43 PM »
Lets be honest. Dill knows that unproductive fashion kid from NY hype is done. He needs true skate rats that can give him good skate content. He feels the FA hate...when he put Louie on and the guy destoyed short edits like nothing it would be a signal for other dudes. Dont forget Tyshawn is of. He really need true skate rats.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2023, 05:46:19 PM »
Lets be honest. Dill knows that unproductive fashion kid from NY hype is done. He needs true skate rats that can give him good skate content. He feels the FA hate...when he put Louie on and the guy destoyed short edits like nothing it would be a signal for other dudes. Dont forget Tyshawn is of. He really need true skate rats.

That’s… actually 100 percent correct?  Hm.  Well said.

NotSureWhatImDoingHere

• Rep: -6
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2023, 07:53:07 AM »
Curren is no weirder of a clean cut fit than Louie. Louie riding for Noah is a million times more odd than Curren riding for RVCA  and being on FA.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »
I mean, when I think of Curren I think of Target, surfing…just stuff that doesn’t really jive with FA’s image. I know he parties, and that people and sponsors change, it’s still a bit of an odd fit to me that’s all. I thought the same about Louie though and it makes sense now, so maybe the same will happen if curren is actually on.

Plus didn’t Dill say that FA is for the kids? That’s also part of the reason why it seems like an uneven fit.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2023, 01:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the opposite. FA was originally as core as it could be and it was considered extremely hard to get on. You had to have something about you. Curren and Jake did not have that thing/dont have that thing and wouldn't have got on back then. If they get on its almost like watering down what their whole image was.

Nakel was the gatekeeper per Dill.   What the brand lost in TJ I think it made up for in not having him around anymore

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2023, 08:23:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nakel was the gatekeeper per Dill.   What the brand lost in TJ I think it made up for in not having him around anymore

I think Curren on FA is kinda sick. It’s gotta be a breath of fresh air since they lost Tyshawn. Also, when did Dill say Nakel was the gatekeeper?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2023, 08:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think Curren on FA is kinda sick. It’s gotta be a breath of fresh air since they lost Tyshawn. Also, when did Dill say Nakel was the gatekeeper?
Like a month or so ago in the Bofa interview he had. Talks about nakel and his behind the scenes roles. Pretty good read honestly.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -26
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2023, 09:56:20 PM »
Please tell me there's a Heckride / Chromeball style interview series titled Bofa.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2023, 10:19:56 PM »
Please tell me there's a Heckride / Chromeball style interview series titled Bofa.
You can Heckride Bofa deez Chromeballz

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2023, 10:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
At Sawcon rail?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2023, 06:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Beautiful execution