Author Topic: Nashville 2023  (Read 181 times)

Gil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
Nashville 2023
« on: May 05, 2023, 06:22:43 PM »
Yo Pals. Short notice, but I’m spending a long weekend in Nashville from May 19th through the 22nd. Tagging along with my wife who’s attending a work conference. So I’ll pretty much have daylight hours to myself. We’re staying downtown near the Frist Art Museum. Definitely looking forward to the rolling around and exploring that the location of our home base will allow. If anyone has recommendations, it would be much appreciated! Walking/skating distance would be rad if possible, but a shortish Lyft ride would be alright too. A few specific questions I’ve been thinking of:

Is Legislative Plaza good to go? Or a bust?
What’s the good shop there so I can stop by and support?
Good food spots in the vicinity?
Any good divey type bars nearby? Pool tables a plus.
Anybody rolling out to street skate with or without a crew? It’d be cool to get a locals look at the spots if you’d have me. I’m not a creep or anything, maybe just a tad socially awkward. Haha.

Thanks in advance to anyone who’s down to help out. Stay good y’all.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
Re: Nashville 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 06:39:05 PM »
Yo Pals. Short notice, but I’m spending a long weekend in Nashville from May 19th through the 22nd. Tagging along with my wife who’s attending a work conference. So I’ll pretty much have daylight hours to myself. We’re staying downtown near the Frist Art Museum. Definitely looking forward to the rolling around and exploring that the location of our home base will allow. If anyone has recommendations, it would be much appreciated! Walking/skating distance would be rad if possible, but a shortish Lyft ride would be alright too. A few specific questions I’ve been thinking of:

Is Legislative Plaza good to go? Or a bust?
What’s the good shop there so I can stop by and support?
Good food spots in the vicinity?
Any good divey type bars nearby? Pool tables a plus.
Anybody rolling out to street skate with or without a crew? It’d be cool to get a locals look at the spots if you’d have me. I’m not a creep or anything, maybe just a tad socially awkward. Haha.

Thanks in advance to anyone who’s down to help out. Stay good y’all.

Msg me when you get a chance. Lived here forever.

You are set for downtown spots. The Plaza is hit or miss on being a bust. I don’t think it would be anything more than a kick out, the courthouse is good, there is a skateable bank less than two blocks from you, Rockettown skatepark is about 6 blocks away, there is a long flat rail about two blocks from you and a diy just north of downtown. I can send you pins or maybe meet you. Too much to list here-

Also- I’m usually free during the week so could shuttle you around.