Author Topic: musicians thats were cool or sucked  (Read 207 times)

Stab n Kill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
musicians thats were cool or sucked
« on: November 18, 2023, 07:14:07 PM »
Are there any bands or rappers that you've encountered who were cool?   Are there any artist that sucked (from the short window of time that you spent with them)?

Donald Cumming from The Virgins - In 2006, his band came through Boston.  He was a really nice guy, and wasn't shy to answer questions I had in regards to NY graffiti, since I noticed he was wearing an IRAK T. I'm sure they were stupid/annoying questions since I was 16, but he was really personable.

Sean Price (RIP) - He opened for Ghostface Killah in Northampton MA and was really mellow.  Ghostface never showed up and everyone got their money back, eventhough Sean Price still performed a 45 min set that was really good. Fast forward a few years later and Ghostface performed at a party for the Brick Harbor opening (a short lived, online skateshop owned by Karmaloop). I didn't go to the show, but my friends mentioned that GFK seemed to want to be there to play that night.

Cormega - Handeed me a bottle of grey goose backstage.  I wasn't really in the mood to drink vodka, but I thought it'd be bad taste to not pour a cup and drink from it.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: musicians thats were cool or sucked
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 08:05:44 PM »
My brother in law got my wife a picture and an autograph of Mike D from the Beastie Boys riding a low rider bicycle in the village. He asked Mike D to wait while he went to Duane Reed to buy a camera, pad of paper and a pen. In the picture he looks pretty chill and  he wrote a nice little note.

Sean Price is my favorite rapper so I am not surprised he was fun to be around. His music is always whitty and silly. The self proclaimed ‘brokest rapper you know’.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: musicians thats were cool or sucked
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 12:35:08 PM »
Early 00’s Big Pun Fat Joe and entourage were talking and lurking around key west Florida for fantasy fest Floridas version of Mardi Gras, me and a few friends were panhandling around this time and we got kicked down a bottle of Jäegermeister, good guy’s
Dueces Bitch's