Author Topic: Best cheap skate camera  (Read 377 times)

231st Street

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -199
Best cheap skate camera
« on: May 12, 2023, 03:12:18 AM »
For a newbie photog interest in producing publishable thoughts, any recommendations on cameras for 300 or under that folks are using these days? Did skate photography n the 90s for fun and would like to resume, and not sure where to start from digital perspective. Would be great if worked for video also. 

Nstripphoto

• Rep: 0
Re: Best cheap skate camera
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 06:23:51 AM »
Get an old canon or Nikon dslr body. The crop sensor should be more than enough for publishing photos. The lenses are where the money really adds up, but I’m sure you can find a reasonable priced body online somewhere.

231st Street

• Rep: -199
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 04:11:28 PM »
Get an old canon or Nikon dslr body. The crop sensor should be more than enough for publishing photos. The lenses are where the money really adds up, but I’m sure you can find a reasonable priced body online somewhere.

Thanks-- this is really helpful.  To keep it old school went with the fam to a camera wholesale place today and got a used Nikon D7100, Nik SF-S Nikko 24-120 mm. How bad did I do?  No clue on the lense-- just picked from these Nikon VR lenses.  Do I need to get a fisheye as well to do fisheye style shots.  Anyone have any tutorial videos to recommend.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 10:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks-- this is really helpful.  To keep it old school went with the fam to a camera wholesale place today and got a used Nikon D7100, Nik SF-S Nikko 24-120 mm. How bad did I do?  No clue on the lense-- just picked from these Nikon VR lenses.  Do I need to get a fisheye as well to do fisheye style shots.  Anyone have any tutorial videos to recommend.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1450546-REG/meike_mk8f3_5nikdslr_mk_8mm_f3_5_lens_for.html

this is prob your cheapest bet on a fisheye for the cam. if ur not in NA lemme know could prob find an option for you
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans