Author Topic: WKND presents JIT  (Read 11397 times)

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
Re: WKND presents JIT
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2023, 04:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Hyped for the Toby Bennett footage. He's developed a really nice style recently. He's also probably one of the nicest people I've ever met
[close]

Agreed, he was one of my woodward campers for a few weeks, super rad kid. Kind and humble, with an endless exuberance on a skateboard. Stoked to see him getting some shine
Going to Woodward with Toby years ago is actually how I met him, so it's likely you were my counselor as well haha

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2023, 05:20:36 PM »
New guys have potential, Toby was exciting to watch.  Agree on the above Nikolai comment, I mean he killed it, but wasn’t feeling the trick selection that much.  Tanner, on the other hand, is unreal.  Such good style, rad and unpredictable tricks, he’s one of their top dawgs rn for sure.  Grant is a treasure indeed.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 06:09:10 PM »
Guy and Salomon's cameos and the Shintaro/Riley video call had me dying. Tanner and Shintaro had great parts. Didn't know Nikolai had it like that.

europa1991

• Rep: 60
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 07:55:27 PM »
WKND sketches are usually kind of hit or miss with me but the Shin/Riley one genuinely made me laugh.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2023, 08:17:39 PM »
props to grant for uploading to his channel and being able to edit to music of his choice, really makes a difference
Is that his secret for being allowed to use quality, memorable music in the wknd videos? The soundtracks for them always stand out so much more than everything else these days.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2023, 08:59:23 PM »
I wonder if Nickolai is a Rodrigo TX fan

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2023, 09:07:55 PM »
Loved that. Standout for me was tanner burzynski. Riley Pavey too. The shintaro/riley skit was so funny.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2023, 10:14:23 PM »
I can’t remember that kids name that is AM for them, but his IG handle is “bumpymessage” he’s like my fav skater rn, and I can’t wait to see his part! skating a WKND rn too, so I’m extra psyched! 😝
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

slimvanilla

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2023, 11:32:00 PM »
I can’t remember that kids name that is AM for them, but his IG handle is “bumpymessage” he’s like my fav skater rn, and I can’t wait to see his part! skating a WKND rn too, so I’m extra psyched! 😝
bumpymessage's name is tanner berzinski or whatever. have only seen his IG clips but people are hyping up his part. is it on YT or anything yet? wanna check it out

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2023, 11:46:33 PM »
The clips of them all smoking on the workaholics roof is funny wonder how they pulled that off. Skits were top tier. First five minutes I was thinking wknd might be the only company anymore who makes fun videos without being overly cheesy like crailtap or enjoi got .

Whatever happened to salomon like he’s clearly still friends enough to do the skit why did he just dip ?

Skating is top tier. It’s 11:45 and my knees is so done I can only slappy curbs on the way back from the liquor store but damn this video made wanna go skate so bad. Cured my depression.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2023, 02:29:38 AM »
I mostly checked this out cause I have 2 WKND boards on ice and know nothing about the company. They're the Andrew Considine black sun boards and I saw many of them in this video so that was kinda cool. Was even one up on the wall in the Nikolai skit. I also unashamedly enjoyed his part way too much. Probably because that's how I wish I could skate... Enjoyed the whole video and the silly skits too though.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 37
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2023, 03:14:47 AM »
Wonder if Nikolai is getting hooked up with shoes from anyone

Bill Salt

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2023, 04:14:47 AM »
I wish their boards were as good as their vids.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -528
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2023, 04:20:10 AM »
This is the brand started by former Habitat rider? What happenned to him?
Miss you Rusty Berings

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2023, 04:47:59 AM »
shintaro and tanner parts were great. really well made video all around. i liked nikolai’s part, he’s got like a neo-osiris thing going on. most of the skits were pretty funny, but “old white person using slang” is such a tired concept, don’t think that ever needs to be done again.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2023, 05:10:09 AM »

No
check my music

tadej Pog

• Rep: -528
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2023, 05:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No

Where is Raymond ? Tell me the trurh, lil bastard.
Miss you Rusty Berings

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2023, 05:49:46 AM »
WKND videos never disappoint

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2023, 06:36:50 AM »
The clips of them all smoking on the workaholics roof is funny wonder how they pulled that off. Skits were top tier. First five minutes I was thinking wknd might be the only company anymore who makes fun videos without being overly cheesy like crailtap or enjoi got .

Whatever happened to salomon like he’s clearly still friends enough to do the skit why did he just dip ?

Skating is top tier. It’s 11:45 and my knees is so done I can only slappy curbs on the way back from the liquor store but damn this video made wanna go skate so bad. Cured my depression.

I think wknd has a history of putting on friends, and then realizing later that being good friends with someone doesn’t mean being a good fit for the company. I can see how it could get messy. I think Alexis and Austin were friends with Grant and some other guys

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2023, 07:11:13 AM »
Also Solomon had a two song part in the new alltimers vid you should check that out, it’s a sick ass part.

The editing on Nicolis part was top tier near perfect with the music, all the editing in general was amazing.

I like the shin and Toby footage too. tanners style is so good but is it weird he kinda looks like grant haha

That’s a big line to wait to be pro in

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2023, 07:52:52 AM »
Also Solomon had a two song part in the new alltimers vid you should check that out, it’s a sick ass part.

The editing on Nicolis part was top tier near perfect with the music, all the editing in general was amazing.

I like the shin and Toby footage too. tanners style is so good but is it weird he kinda looks like grant haha

if i remember correctly i saw a future catalog teasing 2 new pros, hoping for shintaro and tanner decks  :-X

ralf_

• Rep: -27
  • yo
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2023, 08:40:27 AM »

https://heckride.com/f/salomon-cardenas

What led you to also want to quit WKND?

It was so long ago now, but at the time, I was just beginning to feel distant from the brand. I started hanging out with a lot of other people, started working at Palace and just kind of realized that staying on WKND forever might not be for me.
wittgenstein says meaning is usage and i think the sk8 community as a whole is stoked af on ludwig.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2023, 09:06:35 AM »
Any one notice the Rip N Dip diss at the beginning

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2023, 09:17:33 AM »
Riley Pavey hatched looking like one of Mikey Alfred’s drawings… made me think there was an IC connection with him, but maybe it’s because he also scarfed down a bag of Doritos  ;D

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2023, 10:01:01 AM »
That probably wasn't riley's mom in that skit but I was tripping on how young she is to realistically portray his mom. Then I realized I'm just old.

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »
Call me old fashioned but I think they nailed it - this feels so familiar and true to form of what a skate video is to me, but also modern and showcasing some incredible skating. 10/10

ralf_

• Rep: -27
  • yo
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2023, 10:17:27 AM »
That probably wasn't riley's mom in that skit but I was tripping on how young she is to realistically portray his mom. Then I realized I'm just old.

https://www.instagram.com/missjessika/
wittgenstein says meaning is usage and i think the sk8 community as a whole is stoked af on ludwig.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2023, 10:27:32 AM »
Riley and Shintaro both like peanut butter pretzels

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2023, 11:46:50 AM »

Damn I didn’t realize he got on somewhere else. I had last seen his name on a huf ad a few years back and just assumed he just ended up leaving the industry . I’ll check it tonight. Thanks!
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 115
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2023, 12:24:38 PM »
band of horses at the start had me rolling, great skating throughout, all skits were great

WKND does it again making some of the most entertaining videos out there