Author Topic: Daisuke Ikeda arrested for weed  (Read 13891 times)

cant kickflip but can tre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Daisuke Ikeda arrested for weed
« on: May 15, 2023, 04:34:30 PM »
Japanese article: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/b2ed614ea4d68f83d3e15559b8ac89fd6ef755d3
Daisuke Ikeda arrested on May 9 for possession of weed. Comments seem to be bashing the guy and talking about how this "ruins the image of skating"
#FREEDAISUKE

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 70
Re: Daisuke Ikeda arrested for weed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 05:26:46 PM »
Didn't know you could be arrested for suspicion of possessing weed over there. Might be an error in translation, kinda funny they called him former skateboarder in the article

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 05:49:36 PM »
kinda funny they called him former skateboarder in the article
they will be breaking his legs in several areas
for the good of the country and the world.
https://youtu.be/Iw3QbsoecHo
fuckin burnouts
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 05:52:16 PM »
Damn.

The impression I got from people in Japan was weed is a highly guarded secret amongst those who have access to it.

Talking about it in public is a no go.

English translation of the linked article:

A former skateboarder who has been designated as a strengthening athlete for the Tokyo Olympics has been arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis.

[Image] Former skateboarder Ikeda (22) said he had experience participating in domestic and international competitions

According to investigative sources, Daisuke Ikeda, 22, is suspected of possessing cannabis at his home in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, in November 2022.

Ikeda was arrested on May 9, and the Metropolitan Police Department is investigating how he obtained cannabis.

Ikeda is a former skateboarder who has participated in domestic and international competitions, and in 2019 was selected as a strengthening athlete for the Tokyo Olympics.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:01:30 PM by tkp »

skippersoldballs

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 06:03:37 PM »
Expand Quote
kinda funny they called him former skateboarder in the article
[close]
they will be breaking his legs in several areas
for the good of the country and the world.
https://youtu.be/Iw3QbsoecHo
fuckin burnouts
I don't think Christie Boner's coming to the rescue this time

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 06:05:54 PM »
Aren’t the Japanese pretty draconian about drugs?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

skippersoldballs

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 06:07:00 PM »
You can get 5 years for any amount of bud apparently

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 06:30:12 PM »
That snowboarder Kazu had to do three years or something…..it’s no joke.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 06:36:35 PM »
Stay strong Daisuke. Fuck Japan for their weed laws but you can drink till you're dead and smoke cigarettes all day till your lungs give out.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 06:37:59 PM »
free the homie

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 06:59:34 PM »
That snowboarder Kazu had to do three years or something…..it’s no joke.

Yup, he got the sentenced suspended, pretty sure he's going in next year. He has one of the best styles hands down. Hope Capita doesn't drop him

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 07:44:47 PM »
Didn't know you could be arrested for suspicion of possessing weed over there. Might be an error in translation, kinda funny they called him former skateboarder in the article
if you know anything about Japanese police, you’ll know that they will absolutely detain him and push him to the point of admitting guilt; once you get detained you basically have no rights…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 07:45:45 PM »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 08:28:40 PM »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 09:04:00 PM »
man that sucks. i lived in asia and know its not a small offense.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 09:38:57 PM »
hopefully he won't get locked up too long for his career to be completely over and ruined

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 10:36:23 PM »
hopefully he won't get locked up too long for his career to be completely over and ruined

Unfortunately, Japan has a zero tolerance policy towards drug, even weed. He's going to be locked up for a few years at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Japan#Penalties_and_violations
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 01:09:57 AM »
Has he been in custody since the arrest in November '22? There's an LA tour video with footy from him that claims to be from 2023 and was released on YouTube like a month ago. Has he really been in the US in 2023, or is this old footy? Does bail exist in Japan? The wiki article linked below describes several celebrities receiving suspended sentences for cannabis possession. Hopefully Daisuke's punishment won't be more severe.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 06:18:54 AM »
Has he been in custody since the arrest in November '22? There's an LA tour video with footy from him that claims to be from 2023 and was released on YouTube like a month ago. Has he really been in the US in 2023, or is this old footy? Does bail exist in Japan? The wiki article linked below describes several celebrities receiving suspended sentences for cannabis possession. Hopefully Daisuke's punishment won't be more severe.

It said he was under investigation for possession of marijuana in November 2022, but was arrested in May ‘23

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2023, 06:54:33 AM »
I wonder what Sanch has to say about this.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2023, 07:20:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You can get 5 years for any amount of bud apparently

Free thee weed, Mon.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2023, 07:39:29 AM »
dude should have stayed in Cali...
ONTARIO CANADA

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2023, 07:41:00 AM »
Stay strong Daisuke. Fuck Japan for their weed laws but you can drink till you're dead and smoke cigarettes all day till your lungs give out.
Yeah it’s fucked. Fucking stupid and ignorant policy.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2023, 07:44:11 AM »
I remember when I lived in Germany I thought it was so fucked how illegal weed was even over there. Every day going onto the train I saw police searching people. That would just never happen here, you have way too many rights and shit. But no joke every day they were catching people. They never once searched me cause I didn't know how to get weed there for most of the time i lived there. the one day i did have some i was so paranoid.

there was a kid i eventually met who skated who could get weed. he got caught once and he had to go to the police station and do drug test at 16 years old. he was still smoking, i was like "arent you worried about failing the test?" lol. hes like "ahh i just stop like a day or two before and im usually good"
ONTARIO CANADA

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2023, 07:54:08 AM »

There is no bail system in Japan. You are held for 3 days at a time and every third day there is a chance you can be released depending on the severity of the crime and your behavior. You can be held up to 27 days before you are charged with your crime, and usually if you are held that long you will def be charged and convicted of whatever the charge is. They have like a 99% conviction rate.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2023, 09:58:07 AM »
I remember when I lived in Germany I thought it was so fucked how illegal weed was even over there. Every day going onto the train I saw police searching people. That would just never happen here, you have way too many rights and shit. But no joke every day they were catching people. They never once searched me cause I didn't know how to get weed there for most of the time i lived there. the one day i did have some i was so paranoid.

there was a kid i eventually met who skated who could get weed. he got caught once and he had to go to the police station and do drug test at 16 years old. he was still smoking, i was like "arent you worried about failing the test?" lol. hes like "ahh i just stop like a day or two before and im usually good"

this sounds like bavaria/broader south germany. they only do this shit there in my experience. or bored cops in rural areas. most people don't give a shit overall, police rarely does anything about it in cities. people grow weed on their balconies and at least in the cities, everyone seems to smoke. and it's going to be legal next year hopefully. maybe only half-legal, but growing and smoking will be allowed for sure.

japans drug laws are fucked, but i've heard that the youth is more lenient towards it, so maybe the change in attitude can bring a change in legislature with time. also, i have a feeling that weed references in japanese videogames have increased. of course, no one in their right mind would ever confess to smoking or having weed. i saw some funny vid a while back and some dude asked japanese people and often their reaction was along the lines of "whoah, weed is interesting haha, i would never do it haha." anyways...

free daisuke, shit sucks. burning some green rn as a tribute.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 105
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
If you ever become an alcoholic and experience that bullshit, the idea of weed being illegal becomes even more baffling. And it was already baffling, but it takes on a whole new dimension.

Imagine going to prison for having herbal tea or something.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2023, 10:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is no bail system in Japan. You are held for 3 days at a time and every third day there is a chance you can be released depending on the severity of the crime and your behavior. You can be held up to 27 days before you are charged with your crime, and usually if you are held that long you will def be charged and convicted of whatever the charge is. They have like a 99% conviction rate.

Yeah, unfortunately had a friend get locked up over there for something dumb - he essentially went “missing” for 3-4 days(couldn’t get ahold of him and no one knew where he was and he couldn’t make any calls besides to get a lawyer) while he was detained. another friend finally saw an arrest log or news article and that’s how we found out. Really crazy/interesting stories I got to hear from him about jail in Japan and the trial process.. haha

sounded terrifying

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 11:23:28 AM »
There were a lot of travelling pros in Japan recently, would suck if he was the fall guy for trying to hook up some tourists.

#freedaisuke

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 12:39:28 PM »
Baker Baker Baker