Author Topic: Best you’ve seen skate  (Read 6121 times)

Dekkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: Best you’ve seen skate
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2023, 04:55:43 PM »
Tim Brauch -RIP- , he totally destroyed the skatepark where the girl & chocolate team (late 90’s) among other famous skaters like Rob Welsh didn’t even dare to drop in.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
Two skaters for totally different reasons:

Paul Shier turned up to Stoner Plaza when I was visiting America. Once he stepped on his board he didn't get off it once. Just cruied around the whole park doing tricks and not trying anything more than once. Made skating look so fun and effortless.

Yuri Faccini. Was at Sants and he was battling nollie FS 180 to switch FS crook on the top of the big bench. It was insane to see him jumping that high into that trick. He got it eventually and it was unreal.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 20
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2023, 05:42:23 PM »
Nick Matthews

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2023, 06:04:13 PM »
Pj used to skate In the parking lot across the street from house a few years back. When ever he’d show up I’d just sit down and watch. He’s also kinda a dick in the sense he’ll see whatever you’re trying and do it perfectly 10 times in a row.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2023, 03:20:28 PM »
Prime 2005 Salabanzi was the craziest I've seen, and that's even after seeing Koston, Ishod, Busennitz, and Appleyard during that time. It was like seeing Luan's skating combined with Chris Joslin's, plus better transition skills.

Badavis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2023, 03:28:46 PM »
Used to go to Modern skatepark in Grand Rapids back around ’04, Kalis used to show up once in a while and destroy the place. Bigspin back tails were what he would be trying a bunch, it was awesome watching him.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2023, 03:35:19 PM »
This is going to reflect how old I am but Phil Shao. Had a ramp at my house when I was young and he was over at my house at least a few times a week. I have tons of old pics and video that I would share but I can't upload anything here for some reason.  Anyways hands down the most impressive skateboarder I've seen in person.  He could probably have filmed a legit part in under a month.

Is this your ramp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8c2_SN_-0g
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 03:55:22 PM by dr.prestige »

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

switchfakie

« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2023, 03:51:11 PM »
David Loy, last year, at rizzo in philadelphia

he did the fatest frontside ollie off the littlest air-able hip ive ever seen

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -56
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2023, 03:52:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty easy - it’s Ishod. He’s incredible. He’s probably the best skateboarder to ever live. He does it all and he doesn’t stop.

Sleeper mention I’ve seen Tore Bevivino from the sabotage videos skate a couple times like over 10 years ago and I just watched didn’t even skate because I couldn’t believe someone would be that good.
[close]

So every comp he's ever in the commentators are like, "holy fuckin' shit you should've seen Ishod in practice for the last 5 hours" - has anyone ever filmed this? Obviously it's just skatepark footage, but I'd like to see it.

go check out Jason Rothmeyers story right now. its 7 or 8 slides of ishod right now in that japan shit.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsqkR0zs9fC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

If you dont make it in time, get some pop corn, have a seat and sit back and watch his obtuse moments. start it at 2:41 to about.....11:15 to watch him in his mode. you will notice that he ends up being the only one skating the demos and everyone in the park, including his team mates are just in awe of how good he is and how long he doesnt stop.

Ishod is the one. hes Neo.

https://youtu.be/2eNUfAkQXKI

dannyprovolone

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2023, 04:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty easy - it’s Ishod. He’s incredible. He’s probably the best skateboarder to ever live. He does it all and he doesn’t stop.

Sleeper mention I’ve seen Tore Bevivino from the sabotage videos skate a couple times like over 10 years ago and I just watched didn’t even skate because I couldn’t believe someone would be that good.
[close]

So every comp he's ever in the commentators are like, "holy fuckin' shit you should've seen Ishod in practice for the last 5 hours" - has anyone ever filmed this? Obviously it's just skatepark footage, but I'd like to see it.
[close]

go check out Jason Rothmeyers story right now. its 7 or 8 slides of ishod right now in that japan shit.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsqkR0zs9fC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

If you dont make it in time, get some pop corn, have a seat and sit back and watch his obtuse moments. start it at 2:41 to about.....11:15 to watch him in his mode. you will notice that he ends up being the only one skating the demos and everyone in the park, including his team mates are just in awe of how good he is and how long he doesnt stop.

that demo footy is mind boggling. tom penny in the 90s vibe

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2023, 09:40:57 PM »
I've seen Jamie Owens and Ronnie Creager skate curbs.
It's one thing when you see someone that's been skating that spot as a local and another one as a pro.

And for more niche guys, Heavey Metal Chuck is wild to see in person. Dude has a ton of pop.
CurbKiller is gnarly, seeing him skate curbs makes me want to sit down and watch.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2023, 09:51:54 PM »
Right after real sorry came out, I was at the Santa Monica gaps and ledges and PJ Ladd came by himself. We sessioned for about an hour where he didn’t miss anything, I was landing tricks, and we didn’t say a single word to one another until I landed a move after him and he said, “we just did doubles”.

Watched Luan pull up, film a line for extremely sorry and a throwaway line in about 5 minutes then leave because sprinklers turned on…the line where he 360 flip noseslides the table off a bump.

Just over the years watching him in parks and spots while he was growing up - Franky villani.

There was a local guy from around here that was real good that I’ll throw out there… Gonzo Hernandez.

Gonzo's skill used to be unreal, so bummed we didn't get to see him blow up.

A few months ago I went to a taco place late at night with my girlfriend. As we walked in there was a dude sitting by the entrance asking for spare change, i didn't bat an eye and just walked by as its pretty standard for most taco places in Santa Ana. While I was sitting waiting for my food I noticed Gonzo walk in with a backpack on, grabbed a drink and walked right out. I mentioned to my girlfriend how good he was and how he was a local legend and she replied "that was the guy asking us for change out front?". That caught me fully off guard and kinda shocked me. Wherever he is, i hope he's getting by and doing better

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2023, 02:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank you so much for posting this. The park shown from 3:40 to 8:10 is my local indoor and people still talk about that outing many years later. Now I know why. Nothing else I've seen go down there even comes close, and I saw a Flip demo in '03 there.

HeavyLow

• Rep: 8
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2023, 03:39:56 AM »
Ishod, Jamie Foy, Shane O'neill, Oskar Rozenberg. The way they make skateboarding look so effortless and easy is just jaw dropping. CPH Open is a beautiful thing to witness. Pros just having fun on the board.

IpathCats

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2023, 04:00:19 AM »
When I was a kid, ben hatchell would skate my local contest series in southern MD.

Saw him doing 540s in the gnarly ass deep of my home park.

Shit was sick

Dr Hass

• Rep: 3
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2023, 05:39:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is it a prerequisite of these demos to play the most dogshit music of all time? Good god man.

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2023, 06:10:46 AM »
RYAN DECENZOOOOO

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2023, 06:20:24 AM »
Rodrigo TX in an Adidas demo. There was a lot of goods like Heitor, Lucas, Donelly etc.

But Tx just crushed it in hard obstacles.
Miss you Rusty Berings

burner

• Rep: 86
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2023, 10:15:14 AM »
Tony Hawk.

I saw Tony at an early Birdhouse Projects demo, and he was mucking around on the street course with the rest of the team while a few good locals were on the vert ramp, super steep ramp with not a lot of flat, they were battling just to get air. Then Tony jumps straight on the ramp, no warm up and just starts blasting 540s, McTwist, then 720s, I’d never seen anything like it, totally blew my young mind. Good times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwFeoX-hxo

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2023, 08:15:12 PM »
I was lucky enough to watch the DGK team skate at MACBA filming for Parental Advisory. I still think about it often.

Demo’s - Lucky enough to have seen GT and Shane at a nike demo years ago. GT really fucked the park up though!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2023, 08:53:05 PM »
I thought about it. It's Westgate for 100. I seen a lot of sick skaters. No one has touched Westgate. No one around here ever will. Hes definitely the New England high water mark.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2023, 05:40:38 AM »
Pj used to skate In the parking lot across the street from house a few years back. When ever he’d show up I’d just sit down and watch. He’s also kinda a dick in the sense he’ll see whatever you’re trying and do it perfectly 10 times in a row.

I like this part a lot  ;D
Damn PJ

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2023, 06:14:34 AM »
I posted this before but once DC came to town in 2014 everyone blessed WES with blunts left and right. Demo started and the dude killed it, his eyes were almost bleeding red ;D but he was flowing around the park landing shit, tailgating Chris cole just to jump over the rail, amazing dude, its really fun to be that good

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2023, 07:07:22 AM »
Peter Ramondetta

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2023, 08:24:29 AM »
Tony Hawk.

I saw Tony at an early Birdhouse Projects demo, and he was mucking around on the street course with the rest of the team while a few good locals were on the vert ramp, super steep ramp with not a lot of flat, they were battling just to get air. Then Tony jumps straight on the ramp, no warm up and just starts blasting 540s, McTwist, then 720s, I’d never seen anything like it, totally blew my young mind. Good times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwFeoX-hxo

I know this is on me but this was the first time seeing the Birdman skate street

The man does it all

Lone

• Rep: 0
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2023, 01:16:48 PM »
Bastien. Fuck the best. Raddest live

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2023, 02:43:35 PM »
Skated a backyard mini with SLAP fav Ethan Fowler back in like 05. He was handling BS 540 ollies like it was nothing.
Also around that time watched Drehobl casually destroy burnside and light cigarettes off of cigarettes.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2023, 03:07:01 PM »
I thought about it. It's Westgate for 100. I seen a lot of sick skaters. No one has touched Westgate. No one around here ever will. Hes definitely the New England high water mark.

It’s funny when he was just a wee grom touring 5boro demos with his mother (I’m based out of northern CT, on the MA border). He was very good for a little kid, but I never imagined he’d be capable of reaching the level he has.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2023, 03:35:59 PM »
Bastien. Fuck the best. Raddest live
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you so much for posting this. The park shown from 3:40 to 8:10 is my local indoor and people still talk about that outing many years later. Now I know why. Nothing else I've seen go down there even comes close, and I saw a Flip demo in '03 there.

He just be doin shit