Author Topic: Style lord Twuan is ready for a comeback part  (Read 10369 times)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Style lord Twuan is ready for a comeback part
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2023, 09:37:52 AM »
FTP isn’t what worries me about him to be honest - they dropped that video not too long ago I actually thought was dope. The straye on the other hand is so lame to me it’s already cheapened mr Dixon’s image to me unfortunately
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2023, 09:41:04 AM »
Could see him on real or grimple. But
Twan on chocolate or girl would be tight. Dudes to legendary to not be hooked up proper. Skateboarding needs a twuan redemption arc

Coldpizza

• Rep: 165
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2023, 09:54:45 AM »
I still don't see what the fuss is with this guy, at least in terms of his style. From what I remember his arms just hung by his sides the whole time which looked weird to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2023, 10:03:18 AM »
FTP isn’t what worries me about him to be honest - they dropped that video not too long ago I actually thought was dope. The straye on the other hand is so lame to me it’s already cheapened mr Dixon’s image to me unfortunately

Although Straye is admittedly wack, the guy that owns it was involved with Kr3w and Supra back on the day and those brands are synonymous with Twuan's heyday. Twuan seems like he's loyal to people who had his back and although I'd rather see him in something else you gotta respect him backing his homies.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2023, 10:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Although Straye is admittedly wack, the guy that owns it was involved with Kr3w and Supra back on the day and those brands are synonymous with Twuan's heyday. Twuan seems like he's loyal to people who had his back and although I'd rather see him in something else you gotta respect him backing his homies.
this. also, antwuan having a comeback part with any other company than baker/desthwish is a sin. no idea why people say they’re not good for one another, all baker wanted was for antwuan to stop wilding out. now that he’s gone sober for a good while as well as most of the deathwish crew has it would be perfect. they need to make a big move after losing kader, gaining back twuan would be the only thing to replace such a big loss and gain back the hype. especially if he’s in baker has a deathwish 2 since he closed the first video. we need to make a petition & send it to the boss.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2023, 10:28:19 AM »
my only concern is how he's edited and the camera they film with, the sponsor is just window dressing. hopefully they don't fuck it up

This is exactly what I’m saying. Ya Baker would be cool for obvious reasons but mainly because I trust them to film and edit it well. They don’t have beef it seems at least.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 10:35:13 AM by VHS ERA »

IpathCats

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2023, 10:37:48 AM »
I still don't see what the fuss is with this guy, at least in terms of his style. From what I remember his arms just hung by his sides the whole time which looked weird to me.

either trolling, or you just dont know wtf you're talking about haha.

Expand Quote
my only concern is how he's edited and the camera they film with, the sponsor is just window dressing. hopefully they don't fuck it up
[close]

This is exactly what I’m saying. Ya Baker would be cool for obvious reasons but mainly because I trust them to film and edit it well. They don’t have beef it seems at least.

If theres no beef then i hope he does go back home to baker.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2023, 11:01:22 AM »

Pine is your favorite skater?
Miss you Rusty Berings

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2023, 11:14:46 AM »

Looking amazing on a skateboard is weird to you?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2023, 11:35:17 AM »
Well honestly, I'm getting a lot less hate than I expected from that comment. I think it's a generational thing possibly. I was a huge fan of the Baker2g video, but I was over the company and their vibe by the time Baker 3 rolled around, and whatever offshoots they had/have.

IpathCats

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2023, 12:17:59 PM »
Well honestly, I'm getting a lot less hate than I expected from that comment. I think it's a generational thing possibly. I was a huge fan of the Baker2g video, but I was over the company and their vibe by the time Baker 3 rolled around, and whatever offshoots they had/have.

I've never heard of anyone being too old to not understand why Antwuan is great.

But that's alright.

Just watch his baker 3 part, baker has a deathwish, and the tour footy.

really examine his execution of tricks.

It's fucking superb.

Beagle talks a lot about the standards Antwuan had for his clips, he really didnt like clips that werent basically perfect, and it shows.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »
it's called "HANDSDOWN" idiot, sorry you don't have an advanced enough taste in skateboarding to appreciate this style

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2023, 03:35:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've never heard of anyone being too old to not understand why Antwuan is great.

But that's alright.

Just watch his baker 3 part, baker has a deathwish, and the tour footy.

really examine his execution of tricks.

It's fucking superb.

Beagle talks a lot about the standards Antwuan had for his clips, he really didnt like clips that werent basically perfect, and it shows.
Yeah, style is timeless, regardless if its the most tech or not. Some guys can do a kickflip or 360 flip on flat and it's just apparent. Antwuan is one of those dudes, just like Carroll, Gino, Guy, Nate Broussard, Huf, Scott Johnston, etc (just listing some of the guys I think have the best styles I've seen) were. Pops was also notoriously nutty about what he wanted documented.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2023, 04:12:10 PM »
Miss you Rusty Berings

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2023, 05:59:47 PM »

can we take a moment to appreciate how sick supra was at this time.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2023, 12:07:12 AM »

This is not an acceptable opinion.

IpathCats

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2023, 06:02:01 AM »

Possibly the best flat ground fakie flip of all time, and a handful of sick double flips, a notoriously difficult trick to do well.

And yea, supra was pretty tight for a minute there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 06:18:43 AM by IpathCats »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2023, 07:32:49 AM »
I still don't see what the fuss is with this guy, at least in terms of his style. From what I remember his arms just hung by his sides he keeps them hands dine the whole time which looked weird sick to me.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2023, 08:32:38 AM »
Old Supra and krew were dope but straye sucks - seems like bad friends / bad shoe makers to me.
probably wouldent want to majorly stunt career to be “loyal to the homies” and if the homies don’t understand that then they def not real “homies”
if anything the strays is probably guilting him into staying. If he stays he at least deserves real team mates or a pro shoe
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Gunot

• Rep: 10
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2023, 10:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

can we take a moment to appreciate how sick supra was at this time.

Totally. Loved his shoe as well

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2023, 12:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For real the only real complaint anyone should have with antwuan is that he never had that magnus opum part we knew he was capable of . But damn those primitive park clips say he’s got an actual banger of a part in him in still. Be cool to see him keep skating a few more years and maybe start to add a couple more tricks to the repertoire now that it’s clear he’s gotten back to full form. Would be the best come back since guy.

In a certain sense he is my generations guy if he makes the full come back. Maybe he’ll bring Herman out of retirement with him but idk if that’s the best move given Herms love of weed . Damn now I gotta go watch his baker 3 part and relive 8th grade skate vibes
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2023, 12:39:42 PM »

Possibly the best flat ground fakie flip of all time, and a handful of sick double flips, a notoriously difficult trick to do well.

Man I hate to double post , but watching this was sooo good. He makes notorious illegal tricks like nollie back lip and nollie varial heel look so good. Is that switch frontside flip over the the same spot Herm switch frontside flipped in baker 3 .

There’s something with baker riders and flawless switch front side flips even kader has a great one. That’s a weird trick cause you have the baker Version which is identical to Reynolds regular ones in execution . And then you have the Chris Cole , nyjah one which is hideous and should never be done.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man I hate to double post , but watching this was sooo good. He makes notorious illegal tricks like nollie back lip and nollie varial heel look so good. Is that switch frontside flip over the the same spot Herm switch frontside flipped in baker 3 .

There’s something with baker riders and flawless switch front side flips even kader has a great one. That’s a weird trick cause you have the baker Version which is identical to Reynolds regular ones in execution . And then you have the Chris Cole , nyjah one which is hideous and should never be done.

you mean the switch fs flip over the doubleset rail?

I remember herman (switch) fs flipping the double set in an old digital video- shared part with joey poires (R.I.P).....gonna watch both and report back!

On the sentiment of him making illegal tricks look good i am 100% with you. you could see how good he was basically on anything he ever put out but doing a tricks sooo good that nobody before could make look like that is some serious shit! now for example i didn't witness gino in his prime but i am sure he changed a lotta dudes mind about what trick was doable/ should be done by just doing them better than anybody else. just a thought

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you mean the switch fs flip over the doubleset rail?

I remember herman (switch) fs flipping the double set in an old digital video- shared part with joey poires (R.I.P).....gonna watch both and report back!

On the sentiment of him making illegal tricks look good i am 100% with you. you could see how good he was basically on anything he ever put out but doing a tricks sooo good that nobody before could make look like that is some serious shit! now for example i didn't witness gino in his prime but i am sure he changed a lotta dudes mind about what trick was doable/ should be done by just doing them better than anybody else. just a thought

Yeah that one over the rail. That’s a cool little homage given they were like best friends around that point. .

On the Gino point it’s funny you say that cause Clyde singleton said the exact same thing on his episode of the bunt a few weeks back .completely agree . Only other person to make varial heel off the nose is Reynolds.

Terminal

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2023, 03:47:50 PM »
Nah not generational. I was out of skateboarding during his first explosion, knew nothing about him until recent years. Holy fuck, mind got melted with that style once I caught up on him. Now a fave. Dude is a prodigy clearly.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2023, 04:12:38 PM »
I could care less about his board sponsor, I’d like to quit seeing those wack ass flame strayes though, if he’s not gonna get on baker Herman should at least hook him up with Hours, lateral move yes, but definitely more pleasing to the eye
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2023, 04:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For real the only real complaint anyone should have with antwuan is that he never had that magnus opum part we knew he was capable of . But damn those primitive park clips say he’s got an actual banger of a part in him in still. Be cool to see him keep skating a few more years and maybe start to add a couple more tricks to the repertoire now that it’s clear he’s gotten back to full form. Would be the best come back since guy.

In a certain sense he is my generations guy if he makes the full come back. Maybe he’ll bring Herman out of retirement with him but idk if that’s the best move given Herms love of weed . Damn now I gotta go watch his baker 3 part and relive 8th grade skate vibes

The bolded is so Slap.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2023, 07:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There’s a tour video from about 5 years ago right after his hiatus where he does one of the craziest looking switch frontside flips. He’s MIA the whole video but closes it out with a kickflip down the this big ass set like 13 or something and then does a super boned out switch frontside flip down it. Wish I could find it cus it was pretty insane for the time given than he stopped jumping down shit for a minute. If anyone could link it that would be amazing.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2023, 08:30:22 PM »
There has to be a guy out there who quit skating in 2009, just started getting back into it, sees some Antwuan footy on Instagram and has no clue what he’s been through lol.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2023, 08:57:31 PM »
I could care less about his board sponsor, I’d like to quit seeing those wack ass flame strayes though, if he’s not gonna get on baker Herman should at least hook him up with Hours, lateral move yes, but definitely more pleasing to the eye

Hours is a dramatic step up from straye