Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 37567 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2023, 03:35:16 AM »
I’ve been seeing people on Instagram complain about people saying quarter to six / quarter past five etc if you have to even consciously think about what time it is when I say that you’re a fuckin mental midget

Is it true that Americans don't use 24 hour clocks?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2023, 03:52:45 AM »
Expand Quote
If I'm at someone's house and they offer me a coke but give me a coke Zero (or Pepsi Max etc) like just get proper coke you baby.

Or weirdly the opposite if they only have regular ketchup. Obvs everyone should have reg ketchup in the cupboard but you can get spicy ketchup, bbq, spicy bbq etc all for the same price literally right next to the ketchup in the shops.

All my things have been trivial shit I don't actually care much about but a huge one for me is "I didn't give my kids swimming lessons, I just pushed them into the pool, they'll figure it out". Seriously fuck these people. Teaching kids to swim already takes next to no effort at all and can be done without traumatizing a child. It won't make your kid tough it just lets them know their dad is scared to take their shirt off in public.
[close]

I guess you don't have kids.....It does take effort.
Totally agree it's one of your duties as a parent to teach your kids to swim though.

It's been alluded to, but this is the main one for me: people who don't vote. Even worse if they don't vote and then complain/protest about politics.
I meant it takes no more effort to just do it normally over the dumb way of pushing the kid into the pool before they're ready. No kids yes but I have been involved in relatives swimming lessons it mostly involves standing in a pool.
On top of all this in Aus swimming lessons are basically built into the culture. Even if you have zero time or can't swim yourself it's literally done thru school so bragging about not getting your kid swimming lessons is extra fukn stupid.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 04:07:35 AM by Mean salto »

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2023, 04:04:41 AM »
Mismatched brands on outfits like wearing an adidas shirt with some Nike shoes. WTF is up with that?

I'm guiltily of this sometimes..only because of football tops and I pretty much only wear dunks now. Would never rock Adidas pants with dunks thou or shit like that thou. Also would never wear a Film Trucks shirt when skating a set-up with Thunders etc.
I think its even worse when dudes wear Nike socks with Adidas shoes and so on, fuck it drives me insane. Even non skaters that do this drive me insane.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2023, 04:57:12 AM »
oh and I forgot....

Whenever people say certain foods make them shit. “Oh every time I eat Taco Bell I have diarrhea” grow up, eat your food and take a normal shit at a regular interval

Allergic to pollen? You’re incapacitated due to trees? You can’t go outside during spring without sneezing? Your bloodline is weak

Kind of niche but if you are afraid of getting stuck in an elevator or you freak out when you get stuck in one you gotta grow the fuck up

Anybody getting substitutions at a restaurant, like who the fuck are you? Order the fucking food

Anybody with different taste in music than me, why are you wrong and so cavalier about it

This is called eugenism. Not bueno, me not like.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2023, 07:13:36 AM »
Anybody ever have old friends contact you out of nowhere, making it seem like they wanna hang out, but then they just want you to go to their art show, or buy some geckos, or become a bottom corner in their pyramid scheme?
Smart people who act stupid, stupid people who pretend they’re smart.
People who are dicks to animals.
People who don’t pick up their dog’s dooks.
People who are dicks to service staff.
People who try to show their dicks to service staff.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2023, 07:31:35 AM »
people who hold court with conviction knowing damn well they don't know what the entire fuck they are talking about

boogs

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2023, 07:49:09 AM »
when people ask "what day is it today?"

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2023, 07:50:58 AM »
People who don't put their shopping cart back in the cart corral
*wee woo wee woo we got us a lazybones over here*

Kinda going back to the "Headphones at the park" thread, I'm just not feeling people who show up at the park and refuse to acknowledge others to even the most minimal degree. At least fuckin' give someone a head nod if they give you props. It's not hard to tap your board on the ground a few times if someone lands a trick they're battling.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2023, 07:51:49 AM »
People who don’t brush the white off their tongue. I get it, it’s 3 pm and no one’s taking their toothbrush to work, but if that thing’s always pasty white…

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2023, 07:54:05 AM »
People who don’t brush the white off their tongue. I get it, it’s 3 pm and no one’s taking their toothbrush to work, but if that thing’s always pasty white…

More people should buy tongue scrapers.
Everyone should have a tongue scraper.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2023, 07:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Mismatched brands on outfits like wearing an adidas shirt with some Nike shoes. WTF is up with that?
[close]

I'm guiltily of this sometimes..only because of football tops and I pretty much only wear dunks now. Would never rock Adidas pants with dunks thou or shit like that thou. Also would never wear a Film Trucks shirt when skating a set-up with Thunders etc.
I think its even worse when dudes wear Nike socks with Adidas shoes and so on, fuck it drives me insane. Even non skaters that do this drive me insane.

I understand this but actively fight this feeling cause its rooted in some weird brand loyalty like, these brands don't care for or about you, why should you care about them.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2023, 07:55:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
More people should buy tongue scrapers.
Everyone should have a tongue scraper.

People should drink more and watch their diet, scraping off the white is like sanding of a weird looking mole

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2023, 07:57:23 AM »
Carification: I'm not equating a white tongue to cancer

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2023, 08:10:10 AM »
People should drink more and watch their diet, scraping off the white is like sanding of a weird looking mole

I assume you mean drink more water
Unless you're just a party animal.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2023, 08:17:25 AM »
Whatever that stuff is liquid death is selling

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2023, 08:22:28 AM »

Kinda going back to the "Headphones at the park" thread, I'm just not feeling people who show up at the park and refuse to acknowledge others to even the most minimal degree. At least fuckin' give someone a head nod if they give you props. It's not hard to tap your board on the ground a few times if someone lands a trick they're battling.

Agreed. It's just antisocial behavior, and you never know when you're going to get fucked up and need someone to help you out. All you need to do is give people the bare minimum amount of friendliness and they're much more likely to help you out if you need it.

If I forget my water bottle when I'm going skating I'll 100% buy a can of liquid death over some water that's been sitting in a plastic bottle (probably in the sun) for an unknown amount of time.

New one: people who drink water out of plastic bottles constantly, like the kind of people who buy big cases of it to have at home when they want water instead of just getting a filter
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2023, 09:25:08 AM »
People who let everyone and their mother know that they smoke weed and love it.
People who think vaping makes them look kool.
People who leave shitty tips to service staff.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2023, 09:27:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed. It's just antisocial behavior, and you never know when you're going to get fucked up and need someone to help you out. All you need to do is give people the bare minimum amount of friendliness and they're much more likely to help you out if you need it.

Expand Quote
[close]

If I forget my water bottle when I'm going skating I'll 100% buy a can of liquid death over some water that's been sitting in a plastic bottle (probably in the sun) for an unknown amount of time.

Isn’t the inside of the can lined with plastic? I guess the can prevents sunlight from impinging on the plastic, but I don’t really understand the distinction.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2023, 10:56:34 AM »
You all don't brush your teeth after lunch at work? Do it. I'm 44 and never had a cavity. Plus bad breath is fucking gross.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2023, 11:44:04 AM »
-I secretly think less of a person when they complain too much about anything, particularly life.
like when fellow Americans bitch how much life fucking sucks and it’s so hard and meaningless and everything is shit, but don’t do anything to try and change their own situation.
also when this same trope is constantly abused as a comedic meme.

-When people abhor the idea of becoming a parent (others or themselves)

-flat earthers, those who believe in reptilians, etc…

-when guys are, vulgarly or not, explicit and detailed about their sexual encounters

*grammar edit
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 12:48:29 PM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2023, 01:47:01 PM »
When someone is riding a Hook-Ups deck.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2023, 02:10:08 PM »

I mean if you're not sponsored either competing brand, who cares?
It does stop me if I notice something plainly obvious - but where's the line?

Can I ride Indys if I have a DLX board? What if I have a Bones shirt and am on Spits? What about Volcom socks and a HUF shirt?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2023, 04:53:41 PM »
Can I ride Indys if I have a DLX board? What if I have a Bones shirt and am on Spits? What about Volcom socks and a HUF shirt?

Yes, no, yes.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2023, 06:59:12 PM »
Entered this thread to see how many hate lists I’d find myself on and was not disappointed. First post made me think it was a reanimated thread from 2006 though.

Actually, connecting your identity to any kind of consumption rather than participatory/creative practice is shallow. And even then, connecting your identity to almost anything is weird the more I think about it.
We probably shouldn’t limit our selves by such narrow parameters.

This has sort of been my take. Having been in China so long there’s just so many of my German categories and stereotypes that obviously don’t make sense here, so that the judgments I used to make have sort of just faded away -including about myself, which is actually very relaxing.

People who litter, especially in a natural environment, still get my goat though. 

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2023, 07:18:28 PM »
Expand Quote

Spicy food= personality
Clothes= personality

Must have gallon of water to do one minute of light exercise/ hydration= personality
[close]

Weed/booze= personality

Actually, connecting your identity to any kind of consumption rather than participatory/creative practice is shallow. And even then, connecting your identity to almost anything is weird the more I think about it.

skater personality and style ……
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2023, 04:07:29 PM »
People who say they're bad with technology but put zero effort in learning the basics

Grown men who wear jeans and sandals in public (bonus points if they have a polo shirt on)

People who have Blue Lives Matter stickers on their car (I don't fucking care who in your family is a cop)

People who justify their bad oral hygiene (no flossing, only brush in the morning) by proclaiming that they're never had a cavity

People who ask vegetarians like myself "what do you even eat?"

newguy

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2023, 04:36:48 PM »
Entered this thread to see how many hate lists I’d find myself on and was not disappointed. First post made me think it was a reanimated thread from 2006 though.

Expand Quote

[close]
People who litter, especially in a natural environment, still get my goat though.

I havent seen anyone do this in ages now, I think the massive social stigma and huge news cycle about the environement did some good there and rooted out that behaviour. Same with flinging cigarettes everywhere.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2023, 04:58:50 PM »
Agree on the littering. I can still remember being shocked watching this Mad Men scene and then finding out it was totally normal for the time period

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rhcKuMjvcCk

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2023, 05:02:51 PM »
Someone choosing to sit directly behind me in a theater when it's completely empty and I went out of my way to pick a non ideal fucking seat

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2023, 05:49:28 PM »
When people say Boondock Saints is a good movie.

When people are generally quiet/reserved in person, but spill their guts on social media.

Ultra picky eaters

People who lack any sort of self awareness.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:59:51 PM by Gene_Harrogate »

Get hungry on it!