Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 38158 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2023, 11:55:12 PM »
people who use their smartphones for tiktok, instagram or whatever or listening to music (does not matter which music) at high volume without earphones obviously in public for example in public transportation. so little awareness/thoughtfulness...

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2023, 04:24:35 AM »
People who refuse to accept and implement very easy practical advice that would greatly improve their lives, then continue to suffer the consequences, and continue to not heed the helpful, easy to follow, advice.

I don’t mean difficult things like “stop drinking, eat better, exercise more”… I mean things like putting fucking reminders in your phone if you’re constantly forgetting about things.  Download apps/gets a points credit card if you’re always complaining about food costs.  Learn how to load a dishwasher and grocery bags in a way that you can fit more in, not less.  Jesus Christ.

I still love her, though.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2023, 05:01:41 AM »
People who don't carry cash and proudly exclaim it like it makes them special and think it is a legitimate excuse for not tipping.

Few folk at work got invited to country club type place to play golf. It was wet so our shoes were covered in mud/grass. The locker room guy cleaned them up really nice and polished them. I dropped the guy a 10, my workmate (who is not broke at all) was all "sorry man, I don't carry cash". Fucking dick.

I was paying cash at a bar and had some guy beside me try to tell me he found a note in the street and didn't actually know what it was since it had been so long since he carried cash! Why even say some nonsense like that?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2023, 05:28:16 AM »
People who don't carry cash and proudly exclaim it like it makes them special and think it is a legitimate excuse for not tipping.

Few folk at work got invited to country club type place to play golf. It was wet so our shoes were covered in mud/grass. The locker room guy cleaned them up really nice and polished them. I dropped the guy a 10, my workmate (who is not broke at all) was all "sorry man, I don't carry cash". Fucking dick.

I was paying cash at a bar and had some guy beside me try to tell me he found a note in the street and didn't actually know what it was since it had been so long since he carried cash! Why even say some nonsense like that?

Does it still bother you if they offer Venmo?

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2023, 05:47:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does it still bother you if they offer Venmo?

Venmo isn't a thing where I'm from, you have to get bank details and do a transfer which is way too much of an ordeal for a tip situation. I just don't understand why people can't drop by an ATM once a week? Obviously if you are really young or poor you are exempt from judgement. It's also the smugness of their declaration like they are some kind of pioneer!

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2023, 05:51:38 AM »
i forgot hawaiian shirts

newguy

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2023, 01:06:28 PM »

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2023, 02:41:54 PM »
People who refuse to accept and implement very easy practical advice that would greatly improve their lives, then continue to suffer the consequences, and continue to not heed the helpful, easy to follow, advice.

I don’t mean difficult things like “stop drinking, eat better, exercise more”… I mean things like putting fucking reminders in your phone if you’re constantly forgetting about things.  Download apps/gets a points credit card if you’re always complaining about food costs.  Learn how to load a dishwasher and grocery bags in a way that you can fit more in, not less.  Jesus Christ.

I still love her, though.

There's nothing more armchair psychologist than diagnosing someone over a forum post, but there's enough to speculate she has ADHD.  Pretty much all women over like 25 were never diagnosed in school and slipped through the cracks.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2023, 03:38:17 PM »
Skaters who are a net negative on the session. The ones who hold up the session by taking a 90 minute shower, then they complain about the warm up, they complain about the temperature as if it changed 40° between making plans and following through with them, then they always gotta stop for cigs, then a separate stop for a drink, complain about the spot we’re at but have zero suggestions for an alternative, then they have a curfew that they didn’t inform you about.

This and people who don’t know when to stop talking. Let someone else get a fuckin word in or let me skate.

That and the “oh woe is me” homie.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2023, 07:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
i forgot hawaiian shirts
[close]

aw come on.
its never a good look

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -446
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2023, 10:15:09 PM »
Wearing a crewneck sweatshirt

Wearing white shoes (white blazers especially)

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2023, 12:17:35 AM »
Skaters who are a net negative on the session. The ones who hold up the session by taking a 90 minute shower, then they complain about the warm up, they complain about the temperature as if it changed 40° between making plans and following through with them, then they always gotta stop for cigs, then a separate stop for a drink, complain about the spot we’re at but have zero suggestions for an alternative, then they have a curfew that they didn’t inform you about.

This and people who don’t know when to stop talking. Let someone else get a fuckin word in or let me skate.

That reminds me of the guys who never seem to have a good time when skating....Always battling some trick and raging. This shit is supposed to be fun. I don't care how much you rip if you bring bad vibes  to the spot. Shit I sound like a hippie now.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2023, 12:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That reminds me of the guys who never seem to have a good time when skating....Always battling some trick and raging. This shit is supposed to be fun. I don't care how much you rip if you bring bad vibes  to the spot. Shit I sound like a hippie now.....

Reminds of sports fans who freak out watching games and live or die with each ref call.   It ruined US soccer bars for me bc I think US fans feel the need to overdo it to overcompensate not being from the UK

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2023, 02:20:22 AM »
People who eat like children, living off shit from gas stations/fast food.

This is all of EMS.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2023, 08:56:52 AM »
People who are picky about pizza toppings

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2023, 10:21:37 AM »
  • People that don’t like mustaches
  • People that put mayo/ranch/buffalo on everything
  • People who ride board brand wheels

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2023, 10:24:43 AM »

I have a couple friends who are pretty bad about this, I'll be just about to throw my board down to hit the fun box and they'll start a 5 minute story. It's like, my man, read the room, wrap it up. It typically ends with me just skating away while they're mid-sentence. It's all good, they don't get pissy about it.

People who are picky about pizza toppings

I'm not picky, my pizza demands are very simple.
If you put anything but pepperoni on my pizza I'll kill you.
Classic.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2023, 03:09:20 PM »
 Some of ya's have reminded of how much I can't fucking stand food snobs.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2023, 03:34:04 PM »
People who never bring water when they skate and bum off me.  Mistakes happen, but I don't leave the house without a 64 oz thermos.  It's 90+ and humid every day here in the summer and I take medication that dehydrates me.  If I forget water, I immediately leave and go buy a gallon at the gas station.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2023, 03:38:46 PM »
If you give a shit about what someone else eats, provided its not actively harmful or insanely unhealthy. Judging based off non-sustainable habits and generally talking shit is fine but...

Like you think less of someone because they don't like onions? tf is that?

"Oh I don't want mustard please" "ayo fuck you guy"

Is that how this breaks down?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -446
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2023, 04:03:12 PM »
If you give a shit about what someone else eats, provided its not actively harmful or insanely unhealthy. Judging based off non-sustainable habits and generally talking shit is fine but...

Yes

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2023, 04:11:38 PM »

With my examples: if you need condiments on everything it’s annoying. If I make you a nice steak and you put ketchup on it I’m gonna burn yours next time. My ex would be like ‘I can’t eat a/b/c without x/y/z’ and I’m just like, dip some cardboard in ranch or w/e at that point.

DERBY

• Rep: 249
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2023, 10:16:44 PM »
ppl who brag about being straightforward/blunt. most of the time they just lack self control from being total douchebags.

same with ppl who pride themselves in being logical. most emotional ppl ever.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2023, 03:23:48 AM »
Super trivial
Leaving a tea bag in the mug or calling it Erbal tea. Know this is some dummy shit Americans have done for so long it nearly gets a pass but it's creeping into Aus now which is fukn gross. Your parents should have taught you better

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2023, 05:02:01 AM »
When you go out for dinner and someone is a cunt to the waiter. I used to work for this bloke that would take us to dinner lots but he’d always be a cunt to the staff.
I hate spit in my food.
listen to cosmic psychos

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2023, 05:30:26 AM »
People who never bring water when they skate and bum off me.  Mistakes happen, but I don't leave the house without a 64 oz thermos.  It's 90+ and humid every day here in the summer and I take medication that dehydrates me.  If I forget water, I immediately leave and go buy a gallon at the gas station.

I bought an insulated 64 oz bottle to bring skating and I've had multiple instances of someone asking for a sip and they end up chugging half the bottle. I swear one of them has been saying "man, I gotta get my own water bottle" for over two years. Infuriating baby brain behavior.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2023, 05:45:42 AM »
my shittiest one...

when guys don't drink their coffee black

Expand Quote

[close]
Yes

i laughed...

@Necktie.w.t.d. just makes you think they'd be boring to eat out with. "How about sushi? OK, Thai? Seafood?"

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2023, 06:14:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bought an insulated 64 oz bottle to bring skating and I've had multiple instances of someone asking for a sip and they end up chugging half the bottle. I swear one of them has been saying "man, I gotta get my own water bottle" for over two years. Infuriating baby brain behavior.

My local has a water fountain it's great as I hate carrying stuff around when I skate. It's in the shade and the water is cold great for two handed showers.

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2023, 06:29:53 AM »
Being late
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2023, 06:49:54 AM »
Skaters who show up to the park in non-skate shoes and no board like they're too cool to skate and they just sit there the whole sesh. Turbo hipster shit. No one thinks you're cool because you've chosen not to skate and you're wearing hiking boots instead
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?