Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 41533 times)

Oroborus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #1140 on: June 11, 2024, 06:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
People that walk in the style like they try to stomp a deck with every step. Learn to walk silently or get your desired attention elsewhere. They just give off vibes like a angry toddler.
[close]

You mean every upstairs neighbor in the world?
This right here.....

I had a neighbor overdose a few months back and they'd fight/argue back and forth.  Well 1 day it got in to his mind to end it. I'm merely speculative on his death buttttt I live in a apartment complex where there's dirty rig caps all around so take that as you will.  Anywho..... So a few months ago new neighbors move in, it's 6x more annoying as they've got a few cum stain squeeling kinds running around. One day the guy I'll call him fattysauras says oh sorry for being so loud and I stared shook my head and haven't spoken since, mind you I'm not trying to make friends with neighbors but for fucks sake, his pathetic excuse for an apology was just his shit excuse for not caring/wanted to let us know he's going to continue to be loud and stomp around. Fuck that guy and his family of dipshits.

T4T

• Rep: 13
  • fake and lame
« Reply #1141 on: June 11, 2024, 06:32:24 AM »

my girls upstairs neighbour is into medieval reenactment. the noise when he's putting on his suit of armour is fucking insane.
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #1142 on: June 11, 2024, 06:55:01 AM »
People who constantly talk about the things they want to do but take zero initiative to actually do them. Especially if it's a hobby you do regularly, and then they expect you to take the inititative for them.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1143 on: June 12, 2024, 12:16:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
People that walk in the style like they try to stomp a deck with every step. Learn to walk silently or get your desired attention elsewhere. They just give off vibes like a angry toddler.
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

I had a neighbor overdose a few months back and they'd fight/argue back and forth.  Well 1 day it got in to his mind to end it. I'm merely speculative on his death buttttt I live in a apartment complex where there's dirty rig caps all around so take that as you will.  Anywho..... So a few months ago new neighbors move in, it's 6x more annoying as they've got a few cum stain squeeling kinds running around. One day the guy I'll call him fattysauras says oh sorry for being so loud and I stared shook my head and haven't spoken since, mind you I'm not trying to make friends with neighbors but for fucks sake, his pathetic excuse for an apology was just his shit excuse for not caring/wanted to let us know he's going to continue to be loud and stomp around. Fuck that guy and his family of dipshits.

ok your neighbor might be a dick, who knows....but if you have kids one day, you go and try to get them to be quiet. Not easy my man.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1144 on: June 12, 2024, 10:03:22 AM »
People who only stay in their area & do not leave. They just skate with the same people& play their own music to the same people.

As a result, they are essentially impossible to talk to you, as there is no diversity, and their views are generally pigeonholed at best.

Shtonk

• Rep: -559
« Reply #1145 on: June 12, 2024, 10:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

You're the guy who has his girl make an Instagram exclusively for him, right? Checks out...

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #1146 on: June 12, 2024, 04:20:20 PM »
People that play pickleball. No, I donít want to go play with you. Stop asking me.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #1147 on: June 12, 2024, 05:40:15 PM »
People that play pickleball. No, I donít want to go play with you. Stop asking me.

They tore down my skatepark and built 8 pickleball courts that no one uses.

lucid beauty

• Rep: 27
  • i want a world of peace and love :)
« Reply #1148 on: June 12, 2024, 07:46:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

^ i think less of this person.
smash your head on the punk rock

Crust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1149 on: June 13, 2024, 07:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

If he apologised, whether he actually changed his behaviour or not, that gives you an in to address this with him further. It sounds like you haven't challenged it directly...? Looks like you are seething big-time, that will get you nothing but an ulcer. The no speaking clearly isn't working out for you, try get on his side to manage it, or don't and make peace with it somehow for yourself

Oroborus

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1150 on: June 13, 2024, 12:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

[close]

If he apologised, whether he actually changed his behaviour or not, that gives you an in to address this with him further. It sounds like you haven't challenged it directly...? Looks like you are seething big-time, that will get you nothing but an ulcer. The no speaking clearly isn't working out for you, try get on his side to manage it, or don't and make peace with it somehow for yourself
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

[close]

ok your neighbor might be a dick, who knows....but if you have kids one day, you go and try to get them to be quiet. Not easy my man.
I'm okay if kids are running around I really am okay with it as you can tell, what I don't like is and this is not me seething so much being aware of how I'd want to treat other's and vice versa.

It seems to me and maybe I'm somewhat right/wrong depending on the circumstance; but I'm of the opinion of you don't want to be bothered don't open your mouth to those who don't treat you like you'd be treated, friends, family l, neighors, peers, whatever.

I don't insist myslf on anone or anthing,  friends and family no matter the length of relationship don't mean shit. I mean I'm affable enough but I'm not trying to make friends with neighbors.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 12:44:25 PM by Oroborus »

Crust

« Reply #1151 on: June 13, 2024, 02:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This right here.....

[close]

[close]
I'm okay if kids are running around I really am okay with it as you can tell, what I don't like is and this is not me seething so much being aware of how I'd want to treat other's and vice versa.

It seems to me and maybe I'm somewhat right/wrong depending on the circumstance; but I'm of the opinion of you don't want to be bothered don't open your mouth to those who don't treat you like you'd be treated, friends, family l, neighors, peers, whatever.

I don't insist myslf on anone or anthing,  friends and family no matter the length of relationship don't mean shit. I mean I'm affable enough but I'm not trying to make friends with neighbors.

I totally disagree. People can surprise you if you're willing to communicate openly with them, and they may actually work with you. Otherwise, you shut yourself off to anyone who doesn't start off on the right foot. You just end up harbouring a load of resentment.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1152 on: June 13, 2024, 08:24:08 PM »
I try not to judge people harshly because we are all experiencing life at our own pace and with a different set of circumstances, however...

I was standing in line at a gas station today and there was a gal in front of me, probably around my age, with her 2-year-old son. her son had a full-sized donut in his hands, then went and got a lollipop, and also M&Ms. the child was wearing only a t-shirt and a diaper with shoes. I couldn't help but think of all the bad habits this kid is already being taught. I have a family member around the same age and I would never let her eat donuts or candy at that age.

both the mom and the kid seemed very polite and friendly though, and she smiled at me and I smiled back at her as she walked out of the store. I hope the best for them both.

Dojsha Abuser

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1153 on: June 13, 2024, 11:23:20 PM »
I try not to judge people harshly because we are all experiencing life at our own pace and with a different set of circumstances, however...

I was standing in line at a gas station today and there was a gal in front of me, probably around my age, with her 2-year-old son. her son had a full-sized donut in his hands, then went and got a lollipop, and also M&Ms. the child was wearing only a t-shirt and a diaper with shoes. I couldn't help but think of all the bad habits this kid is already being taught. I have a family member around the same age and I would never let her eat donuts or candy at that age.

both the mom and the kid seemed very polite and friendly though, and she smiled at me and I smiled back at her as she walked out of the store. I hope the best for them both.

might've been a kidnapper

lucid beauty

• Rep: 27
  • i want a world of peace and love :)
« Reply #1154 on: June 14, 2024, 06:25:14 AM »

~xXx sOrRy Im BrOkEn xXx~
smash your head on the punk rock

Crust

« Reply #1155 on: June 14, 2024, 07:31:48 AM »
When people drive with earphones or airpods in their ears.

It makes me think they are less of a safe driver, and don't really care much about being fully aware for other road users.

Does this one bother others?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #1156 on: June 14, 2024, 09:26:17 AM »

It makes me think they are less of a safe driver, and don't really care much about being fully aware for other road users.

My kids bus driver did this for 2 years with a beanie pulled down over his eyes. I wasnít happy it but was a pretty chill guy so I didnít want to press it. Iím sure he smoked blunts between drop off and pick up, but my kids said he was the least scary bus driver they had.

School bus drivers on on the edge of society to begin withÖ

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1157 on: June 14, 2024, 10:38:29 AM »
People who ride bikes on the sidewalk or in the street against traffic.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1158 on: June 14, 2024, 01:17:00 PM »
People who ride bikes on the sidewalk or in the street against traffic.

I always wondered how car drivers feel if we push on our boards against traffic? I mean, I ride both a car and a skateboard so it doesn't bother me as much. Just curious how they think about that. Maybe it's different here in Germany or in the USA. In all these years I only had one interaction with a angry car driver while I skated down the street. With the flow of the traffic and very far on the right side of the street.
IG: @flowterspace

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1159 on: June 14, 2024, 01:56:16 PM »
People who complain about skateboarding being "too soft" nowadays. It hasn't gotten too soft, it just stopped tolerating/propping up overt dickheads. Y'all are just mad you can't call someone a slur for something innocuous.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #1160 on: June 14, 2024, 02:48:22 PM »

I admit Iím guilty of this.
Nothing like blocking the roadnoise with noise cancelling headphones. Especially on longer drives.
Iím much more relaxed behind the wheel, and feel like I can concentrate on driving better without the constant ambient noise.

Crust

« Reply #1161 on: June 14, 2024, 02:55:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing like blocking the roadnoise with noise cancelling headphones. Especially on longer drives.
Iím much more relaxed behind the wheel, and feel like I can concentrate on driving better without the constant ambient noise.

That sounds like a rationalisation, if I'm honest. You may be more concentrated on what you can see, but there will be things in your blindspots that you (and others) would be better off being able to hear, so you can adjust your speed/direction accordingly - cars, bicycle bell ringining, pedestrians alerting etc.

It's not too different than the person at the skatepark with the music in their ears. Might help them focus on tricks, but they aren't as aware of other's in their blindspots cause they can't hear their boards, voices etc. to alert them.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #1162 on: June 14, 2024, 09:41:10 PM »
it wasn't until I moved to the west coast that i noticed  pulling over/slowing down for an oncoming emergency vehicle wasn't commonplace

turdtastic

• Rep: 68
« Reply #1163 on: June 14, 2024, 11:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That sounds like a rationalisation, if I'm honest. You may be more concentrated on what you can see, but there will be things in your blindspots that you (and others) would be better off being able to hear, so you can adjust your speed/direction accordingly - cars, bicycle bell ringining, pedestrians alerting etc.

It's not too different than the person at the skatepark with the music in their ears. Might help them focus on tricks, but they aren't as aware of other's in their blindspots cause they can't hear their boards, voices etc. to alert them.
💯

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #1164 on: June 15, 2024, 12:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
💯

I just donít see it that way.
You really donít need hearing while driving, after all the deaf can legally drive.
And noise cancelling headphones donít block out everything, just the ambient road noise, wind etc.

Cycling with those things is just asking for trouble

SŪota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #1165 on: June 15, 2024, 12:56:54 AM »
People with their Instagram as a sticker on their cars...

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #1166 on: June 15, 2024, 01:08:32 AM »
Not understanding how recycling or charity works.
If it's a charity clothing bin it only takes clothing and it has to be inside the bin. Just dumping all the shit from your place you don't want on the ground in front of the bin isn't a good deed, you're just littering.
There also isn't some kind of Santa's workshop with magic elves sorting out the shit you put in the recycling. They aren't going to hand wash a full bottle of rancid milk or figure out what to do with that old bike or doll house even tho it's mostly metal or plastic.

Crust

« Reply #1167 on: June 15, 2024, 02:08:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
💯
[close]

I just donít see it that way.
You really donít need hearing while driving, after all the deaf can legally drive.
And noise cancelling headphones donít block out everything, just the ambient road noise, wind etc.

Cycling with those things is just asking for trouble

Cyclists wearing a hood that covers their peripheral vision don't need to be able to see as much to cycle on the road. Maybe that helps them feel more relaxed in their experience of the road. However, ultimately, and more importantly, they are a less safe road user for everyone else because of it.

That's a more extreme example, but the principle is the same: an individual's comfort doesn't trump the collective safety for every road user, or justify a deviation in vehicle user safety protocols.

Road noise isn't to be actively blocked out. It is an essential audio cue. We need it to be as aware of our surroundings as we can to be safer for everyone.

When people see you wearing headphones, they probably aren't thinking "well, at least now he is in a more comfortable mindset of "nothing like blocking out the roadnoise" that he has a sensitivity to". They are likely more thinking, "damn, he's putting his own personal comfort over everyone else's safety".

It's illegal in many states, rightfully so I believe.

hup

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1168 on: June 15, 2024, 03:03:00 AM »
Not understanding how recycling or charity works.
If it's a charity clothing bin it only takes clothing and it has to be inside the bin. Just dumping all the shit from your place you don't want on the ground in front of the bin isn't a good deed, you're just littering.
There also isn't some kind of Santa's workshop with magic elves sorting out the shit you put in the recycling. They aren't going to hand wash a full bottle of rancid milk or figure out what to do with that old bike or doll house even tho it's mostly metal or plastic.
This

Shtonk

• Rep: -559
« Reply #1169 on: Today at 05:51:51 AM »
When they don't know the difference between a bit of righteous property damage and actual violence.