Author Topic: Alone  (Read 832 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Alone
« on: June 21, 2023, 06:21:24 PM »
Anyone a fan of this show on History Channel?  New season is pretty compelling so far. 

Some decently qualified contestants and seems like more abundant fish and game resources than in the last couple seasons.

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Alone
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 09:03:18 PM »
A guy I used to volunteer with was on season 8 I think. He bailed after like a week.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 06:07:43 PM »
This dude Taz from the new season reminds me of Gonz a little bit

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44:57 PM »
Baird Bros for life

Love the show over here, we’ve watched every episode.
It informs way more of my daily life than I’d care to admit.
Season 10 is strange so far.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 06:10:04 AM »
I’ve seen a few of the series. There definitely are some repeating themes. The guy who freaks out on the first day, the guy who just gets fat beforehand, the person who has enough food but is too stingy with it, the person who has a “whoops” that is probably intentional so it doesn’t look like they quit. The guy who made it 100 days no problem had some serial killer vibes.

I’d be lucky to last 3 days.

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 08:12:01 AM »
This dude Taz from the new season reminds me of Gonz a little bit

That’s awesome you thought that too! My wife and we’re saying the same thing.
Great show. Super fun to watch.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 08:25:13 AM »
That guys hair is off the chain.

I need a big perm
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023, 08:25:43 AM »
I’ve seen a few of the series. There definitely are some repeating themes. The guy who freaks out on the first day, the guy who just gets fat beforehand, the person who has enough food but is too stingy with it, the person who has a “whoops” that is probably intentional so it doesn’t look like they quit. The guy who made it 100 days no problem had some serial killer vibes.

I’d be lucky to last 3 days.

Haha yeah, the 100 days/Rock House dude was on a different level. 

Another classic archetype is the guy who’s doing fine but just bails because they miss their family. 

I wouldn’t make it longer than a day to two myself, shit’s terrifying.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 12:59:36 PM »
This guy could be my favorite.  He’s rather slim to make it through the competition without consistent food (namely fish to provide the needed fat), but he has a great reason for participating and he’s quite skilled.

LEE RAY DEWILDE

Season 10

Hometown: Huslia, Alaska

Profession: Pilot

Lee is one of fourteen children raised and homeschooled in the wilderness by his Caucasian father and Native mother along the Alaskan waters of the Yukon, Koyukuk and Huslia rivers. Born in the woods of the Yukon with his father acting as midwife, Lee did not see another community until the age of 15 when he first flew in an airplane. His family moved amongst several camps on the rivers throughout the year for trapping, spring hunting/gardening, lumber milling, and seasonal work in the village of Huslia.

As a young man, Lee followed in his father’s footsteps, doing seasonal work in the village during the summers and spending winters trapping north up the Huslia River and its tributaries. Later, he left the wilderness to continue his education, earning his aircraft maintenance and pilot licenses, and a mechanical engineering degree. After he and his wife, Lilly, raised their children in Fairbanks and at their fish camp downriver, they moved back to the villages where he started an aircraft charter business and his wife became a high school principal.

Living and serving his people back home in Huslia reconnected Lee with the life and people he grew up with. It inspired him to both learn more from the elders of the land and his ancestral roots, and to educate the younger generation with what he knew.

Participating in the Alone challenge will provide Lee the opportunity to push his Native woods knowledge to new limits. His hope is to win the half million dollars and use it to purchase a larger airplane that will better serve his people.

323-BALM

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023, 10:07:23 PM »
we’re using subtitles for Mikey

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2023, 11:34:07 PM »
we’re using subtitles for Mikey
Haha

Damn, I just watched episode 3.  That tap out snuck up on me.  Impressive beginning to the season though, don’t think there’s been another group that’s started so strong.

323-BALM

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 11:22:41 AM »
Definitely. “Day 15, 10 people remaining,” we are dealing with students of the game here!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 02:57:33 PM »
That rock house dude crushed it but i think he was one of the truly better prepared or qualified people on any of them. Ive seen a few seasons so i cant say too much. But its like, chance and luck of location are of monumental importance to winning/outlasting, but I feel like most of the competitors aren’t truly qualified to do that sort of living, their lives are too domestic prior to the show.

Regardless, it has been cool when i watch it.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2023, 11:27:26 AM »
What a season so far.  The mistakes certain people made have been pretty boneheaded, but I suppose that’s to be expected when left to their own devices for days on end. 

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.