Author Topic: My mixed feelings about McDonalds  (Read 5394 times)

TheDraught

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: My mixed feelings about McDonalds
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2023, 12:24:07 PM »
I'm curious about the McPlant, can any fellow meat eaters speak on its comparative deliciousness?

I try to limit how many times I go to McDonald's in a month and I really don't wanna waste one of those visits on a McPlant if its vile.

I love the McPlant. Tried it once and never ate meat again at a McDonald's or BK since. (veggy Whopper is pretty good too)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2023, 12:34:51 PM »
It's fucked that McDonald's didn't disclose its fries' beef ingredients TWICE! I'm not vegetarian, but I have vegan friends who basically can only get the fries when we all decide to go to McDonald's. It's almost like a betrayal: they felt an odd mixture of shame, guilt, anger, despair… but maybe that was just the beef juice.

Plus this direction McDonald's is pursuing where they're making burgers "to order" or whatever the fuck—it just doesn't have that same sitting-under-the-heat-lamp je ne sais quoi.

McDonald's was my first legit job as a teen (I used my first paycheck to buy a pair of Gazelles and a Planet Earth deck); my favorite part was hauling all the older burgers that have been sitting under the lamp for hours over to the dumpsters. You best believe I was clandestinely munching those bad boys in the slimy, dark garbage room. Sure, they gave me $3.45 credit to use for food per shift (the "Extra Value Meals" were $2.99 back then), but your boy was hungry.

Reminds me of when I bussed tables, we would get so hungry that we would chow down on people's leftover food at the dishwashing station. Now when I think of it, it really grosses me out.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2023, 02:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
factory farming makes it pretty easy to hate all fast food chains
[close]

The dude down the street from me raises cows for his family and runs a farm shop. He puts em down himself with a gun. Sometimes he let's his kids do it, family farm in all. There terrible shots. You can peice together the rest.

Not saying there's anything ethical about factory farming but 9/10 times escpially in this economy the mom and pop farm is doing far worse, its just on a smaller scale, so people like you don't care. When in reality atleast the folks raising cattle for.mdconalds can afford to feed them, and medicate them, and when it's time to cull them they die quickly and not after 6 shots of a rifle from a 10 year old.

"oh you think factory farming is bad? have you considered my neighbors are a family of mentally disabled farmers?"

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2023, 04:59:59 PM »
^
hahahahahaha

Reminds me of when I bussed tables, we would get so hungry that we would chow down on people's leftover food at the dishwashing station. Now when I think of it, it really grosses me out.

I would look at the person and decide if I would make out with them. If I would then what’s the difference between eating their food and tongue kissing them at a bar

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -138
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2023, 06:54:46 PM »
mcdonalds "meat" is mostly soy. my hot take

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2023, 07:03:41 PM »
Depression food

Rerun

• Rep: 3
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2023, 07:07:09 PM »
If y'all not shitting maroon colored meat cigars this past week from a steady diet of red bunned spiderman™ whoppers at bk, ya done fucked up. Real ones know...

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2023, 07:30:20 PM »
Hawaii McDonalds better  than the mainland. Fresh pineapple, fried apple pies, full on Hawaiian breakfast with eggs, rice, Portuguese sausage, & spam 8)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2023, 08:31:04 PM »
Over 1 billion killed

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2023, 08:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ppl. who hate love Mc D’s are usually the most insufferable pieces of dog shit that walk the face of the earth.
[close]
[close]

In my whole life I don't think I've ever met someone who is outspoken about their love for McDonald's.
I have, however, met countless people who go out of their way to be like "ugh, you're eating McDonald's. Disgusting."
It's the fast food equivalent of someone who goes out of their way to tell you they don't own a TV by choice.

I've met a few and currently work with one. It's fuckin weird to be so into that shitty food. And television does suck . Maybe take a better look at yourself.

newguy

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2023, 11:03:48 PM »
I’m legit addicted to McFlurrys, they just make my brain go crazy, fuck the rest of their food though.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2023, 11:19:02 PM »
just like the hamburger guy in photosynthesis... i too have enjoyed eating hamburgers for the greater part of my life... that being said, i had McDonalds in the first time in a long long long time this month... and it was horrible...

I am going to stick with mos burger for my go to hamburger chain

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2023, 02:21:31 AM »
does anyone else hate when u go into a place and the menu is on a tv??? so fucking weird gives me a small existential crisis every time

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2023, 04:37:43 AM »
I will only really go to Maccies if it's the only place around and I'm fucking starving. So like airports and shit, same with a lot of fast food joints.

I will say, Maccas fries aren't my favourite. Way too thin and weirdly slimey imo. Don't they fry them shits in like beef fat or something? Or is that a rumor?

In Belgium, you traditionally fry fries in beef fat
that's just how it is

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2023, 09:48:14 AM »
If y'all not shitting maroon colored meat cigars this past week from a steady diet of red bunned spiderman™ whoppers at bk, ya done fucked up. Real ones know...

HAHAHAHA went there this weekend and saw that shit didn't try it tho

Skibb

• Rep: 68
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2023, 02:09:07 PM »
I’m not sure his controversial this is, but: getting a vanilla milkshake to dip your fries in is so fucking good.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2023, 02:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love when bk does stuff like this. Last Halloween they had this spicy bad boy

newguy

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2023, 02:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I love when bk does stuff like this. Last Halloween they had this spicy bad boy

Intestinal flora nuke

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2023, 03:42:35 PM »

Did you eat the stuff that someone clearly also took a bite of?  Or did you eat stuff that you could tell they didn’t touch?

There’s a big difference there and I don’t see the issue with chowing down on food that just sat on a plate in front of a stranger for a half hour.  Especially if I got a look at the people.

100% chance nothing bad happened to you either way.

Bacteria and viruses are all over everything we touch and eat anyways, it’s not like if food sits in front of someone it turns into nuclear waste.  Scarf that shit down. 

Once society crumbles, we’ll be slitting each other’s throats for a cup and a half of week-old cole slaw.  We’ll forget all about our made up food rules.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2023, 03:58:09 PM »
Got it for lunch today. "new" big mac is substantially better than old big mac. Subtle tweaks worked.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2023, 04:25:27 PM »
just like the hamburger guy in photosynthesis... i too have enjoyed eating hamburgers for the greater part of my life... that being said, i had McDonalds in the first time in a long long long time this month... and it was horrible...

How would you describe mos burgers? I am in the states and not likely to get to Japan anytime soon.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2023, 07:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How would you describe mos burgers? I am in the states and not likely to get to Japan anytime soon.

My personal opinion is that everything at McDonald's tastes like cardboard... or it tastes "old" (regardless of the burger)
even if its fresh off the grill

MOS actually tastes like hamburgers... and it aslo tastes "Fresh"... eg: at MOS the lettuce is actually shaki shaki not soggy

my personal favorites are the little hamburger joints... is it the same in the states... do the little mom & pop places taste the best???

i want to go to go down to @Gray Imp Sausage Metal  's neck of the woods to have sasebo burger... just to keep the beef kill count up :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:03:19 PM by The Drew »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2023, 07:32:41 PM »
breakfast slaps

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2023, 07:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My personal opinion is that everything at McDonald's tastes like cardboard... or it tastes "old" (regardless of the burger)

MOS actually has tastes like hamburgers... and it aslo tastes "Fresh"... eg: at MOS the lettuce is actually shaki shaki not soggy

my personal favorites are the little hamburger joints... is it the same in the states... the little mom & pop p@laces taste the best???

i want to go to go down to @Gray Imp Sausage Metal  's neck of the woods to have sasebo burger... just to keep the beef kill count up :)

I’ll have MOS new plant based "fish" burger to even it out! But yes, when you come let’s skate my local and eat burgers 🍔
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:45:54 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2023, 08:36:47 PM »
I had maccas for the first time in ages today, I copied an order one of the groms at work gets (double cheeseburger with a hashbrown added) and I gotta say, it was amazing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2023, 08:38:14 PM »
Once I learned I could reduce my meal by a few dollars if I order in the app, my waistline has been suffering

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2023, 09:41:56 PM »
Got it for lunch today. "new" big mac is substantially better than old big mac. Subtle tweaks worked.
What did they change? The biggest problem with the big Mac is that middle bit of bread. All it does is make the whole burger get more wonky as you eat it.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2023, 05:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MOS actually tastes like hamburgers... and it aslo tastes "Fresh"... eg: at MOS the lettuce is actually shaki shaki not soggy

my personal favorites are the little hamburger joints... is it the same in the states... do the little mom & pop places taste the best???

I was unfamiliar with mos burger but after checking their website and menu it looks really good.

If I ever end up in Japan for some reason I'm definitely trying it

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2023, 07:40:48 AM »
I had mcdonalds once from a location super close to the Canadian border in a tiny town, only ran by old ladies inside. And my god that was easily the greatest experience I ever had with them. Every single item was fresh and photogenic enough to be used in an ad. It was truly made with love and there was a night and day difference

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2023, 07:47:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What did they change? The biggest problem with the big Mac is that middle bit of bread. All it does is make the whole burger get more wonky as you eat it.
They changed the bun, it’s just better, and they add more sauce. Also the onions are cooked on the burger now and the cheese isn’t a cold slice, it’s kind of melted more. the changes are subtle but it was enough to notice. Had i noticed if I didn’t know already? Who knows? Better burger though.