Author Topic: My mixed feelings about McDonalds  (Read 5396 times)

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
Re: My mixed feelings about McDonalds
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2023, 08:21:22 AM »
I’m not sure his controversial this is, but: getting a vanilla milkshake to dip your fries in is so fucking good.

I'm convinced that everyone in the world thinks they invented dipping fries into a shake, I usually associate it with dipping Wendy's fries into a Frosty. Hell, I thought I invented it until I found out that, like, literally everyone does it.

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »
I wish they'd bring back the dollar menu. They used to be fast food for cheap and now they aren't really either of those things. European McDs are vastly superior to the ones in the US, as well, at least for the ones that I've been to.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2023, 09:19:22 AM »
Maybe a couple times a year I'll end up there, it's pretty shit in my older age but those spicy paste nuggets that they put out recently weren't terrible if they are fresh.

The strawberry and cream pies and the pineapple pies are still all-time, although I wish they could actually fry them like the rest of the damn world.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2023, 09:22:53 AM »
Re: mom and pop spots

I suppose that they are better.

In general, I feel like the price of the burger is a better indicator of the quality. So, a 16 dollar burger at a sit down restaurant is probably better than the burger at a take out mom and pop place.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2023, 09:34:30 AM »

In general, I feel like the price of the burger is a better indicator of the quality. So, a 16 dollar burger at a sit down restaurant is probably better than the burger at a take out mom and pop place.
The fancy hamburger is modern humans biggest mistake. Places are taking huge liberties with a meal an 8 year old can make perfectly. Biggest gripe with the expensive burger seems to be nobody that makes them has seen a human head before and doesn't realise our jaws don't unhinge like a pythons and can't eat their burgers that have the same dimensions as a coke can

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2023, 09:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The fancy hamburger is modern humans biggest mistake. Places are taking huge liberties with a meal an 8 year old can make perfectly. Biggest gripe with the expensive burger seems to be nobody that makes them has seen a human head before and doesn't realise our jaws don't unhinge like a pythons and can't eat their burgers that have the same dimensions as a coke can

nah man the world has moved past those behemoth sized overpriced burgers.  $16 dollar burgers (if you're at a good spot) usually means they've got a specific recipe to the meat blend like short rib, brisket, chuck, bacon etc all coming together.  This one was $16 or so from Heavy Handed and was easily the best burger of my life

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2023, 09:57:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

nah man the world has moved past those behemoth sized overpriced burgers.  $16 dollar burgers (if you're at a good spot) usually means they've got a specific recipe to the meat blend like short rib, brisket, chuck, bacon etc all coming together.  This one was $16 or so from Heavy Handed and was easily the best burger of my life

Yeah I can’t lie the boujee midteen dollar burger spots usually are well worth the money. Had easily the best burger I’ve ever eaten at this place called Beauvine it’s the type of place where you look at the check and immediately regret it but still come back time after time. And the luxury of building your own burger from way higher quality ingredients is worth it imo.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2023, 10:09:34 AM »
Get yourself a Blackstone Griddle and you'll never have to (or want to) go out for a burger again.
It's shockingly easy to make restaurant quality smash burgers if you have the right tools.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Griddle-with-Stand-and-Adapter-Hose/222411088

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2023, 10:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah I can’t lie the boujee midteen dollar burger spots usually are well worth the money. Had easily the best burger I’ve ever eaten at this place called Beauvine it’s the type of place where you look at the check and immediately regret it but still come back time after time. And the luxury of building your own burger from way higher quality ingredients is worth it imo.
Dam where I'm from isn't quite there yet. What you've described would cost like $35 when we eventually get it lol

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2023, 10:43:49 AM »
I'd go for a margarita McPizza and one of them warm apple pies right now.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »
People talking about the health risks of mc ds: alright enjoy living to see everyone you love die

I was in Switzerland a lil over a year ago and there potato’s wedges with curry is fire as hell - also felt burger tasted different there then it did in U.S might’ve j been a fried location tho. Burger tasted less flavorful and more greasy
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »
Get yourself a Blackstone Griddle and you'll never have to (or want to) go out for a burger again.
It's shockingly easy to make restaurant quality smash burgers if you have the right tools.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Griddle-with-Stand-and-Adapter-Hose/222411088

These things are sick especially if you got a few people you're cooking for. If just cooking solo, any difference between this and working with a regular cast iron skillet?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2023, 01:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Not this fucking cast iron skillet dad spam shit again !

[close]

These things are sick especially if you got a few people you're cooking for. If just cooking solo, any difference between this and working with a regular cast iron skillet?
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2023, 05:56:54 AM »
i pretty much feel the same. i neither love nor hate maccas, i dislike the concept of all chain fast food basically, but i'm not above going to the one close to my house if i just don't have anything at home, which rarely happens anyway. i don't even think it's that bad, pretty much all fast food is unhealthy, they all fucking suck. mc donalds actually tastes consistently decent tho. but it's never really good. i guess the main highlight of a german mc donalds is that mcribs are available all the time and i heard it's generally pretty good compared to other countries. i had it in the netherlands, czechia and france, and to me it tasted all the same.

now five guys also came to germany and i went there and was pretty disappointed, especially the fries. my fries were soggy as fuck, like they skipped the second fry. they put an extra bunch of fries into the doggybag, as they do, i appreciated that effort for sure. but they just weren't done imo. the burger was ok, but basically tasted like a slightly better mcdonalds cheeseburger. i would say it was like that, but way bigger and with slightly fresher ingredients. and that burger was more than ten bucks. and if you forced me at gunpoint to spend ten bucks on cheeseburgers, i'm sorry to say that i will rather take three mc doublecheeseburgers over a single five guys doublepatty cheeser. it's just not that much better. but i might as well buy a pack of marlboro reds instead and just not eat.

nowadays burgers usually make me feel sick, even if they were very good. just hard to stomach and often goes along with too much soda consumption. i'm not a big fan of them anymore and have become too lazy and unexcited about them to cook any at home anymore.

newguy

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2023, 04:44:32 PM »
I wish they'd bring back the dollar menu. They used to be fast food for cheap and now they aren't really either of those things. European McDs are vastly superior to the ones in the US, as well, at least for the ones that I've been to.

theres a sort of documentary talking about maccas trying to spread in France and failing miserably because they were seen as a cheap disgusting place for bums, so they completely revamped and invented a luxury fast food concept and then it took off like crazy, might be different in other eu countries but its pretty interesting

newguy

« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2023, 04:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Dam where I'm from isn't quite there yet. What you've described would cost like $35 when we eventually get it lol

Bruh what fucking country do you live in where this is 35 euros like wha-?

i pretty much feel the same. i neither love nor hate maccas, i dislike the concept of all chain fast food basically, but i'm not above going to the one close to my house if i just don't have anything at home, which rarely happens anyway. i don't even think it's that bad, pretty much all fast food is unhealthy, they all fucking suck. mc donalds actually tastes consistently decent tho. but it's never really good. i guess the main highlight of a german mc donalds is that mcribs are available all the time and i heard it's generally pretty good compared to other countries. i had it in the netherlands, czechia and france, and to me it tasted all the same.

now five guys also came to germany and i went there and was pretty disappointed, especially the fries. my fries were soggy as fuck, like they skipped the second fry. they put an extra bunch of fries into the doggybag, as they do, i appreciated that effort for sure. but they just weren't done imo. the burger was ok, but basically tasted like a slightly better mcdonalds cheeseburger. i would say it was like that, but way bigger and with slightly fresher ingredients. and that burger was more than ten bucks. and if you forced me at gunpoint to spend ten bucks on cheeseburgers, i'm sorry to say that i will rather take three mc doublecheeseburgers over a single five guys doublepatty cheeser. it's just not that much better. but i might as well buy a pack of marlboro reds instead and just not eat.

nowadays burgers usually make me feel sick, even if they were very good. just hard to stomach and often goes along with too much soda consumption. i'm not a big fan of them anymore and have become too lazy and unexcited about them to cook any at home anymore.

the marlboro reds part is so real, i've had that dilemna so many times

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2023, 06:39:16 AM »
All this talk about Mcdonald's made me eat breakfast there today

The McMuffin is really meh

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2023, 08:44:13 AM »

Gotta do the breakfast burritos with that picante sauce dude.  Although I fuck with a sausage mcmuffin w/ maple syrup on the side so idk maybe don't trust me

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »
That made me think about the Mcskillet burrito the fancy one with the steak and onions I’m not a big fast food breakfast person but god damn those things were magic.

And where the fuck is the snack wrap?
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Bill Salt

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2023, 03:34:23 AM »
He did some cool varial heel grabs but at 3 inches above coping.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2023, 01:28:12 AM »
I went to McDo last night, they don't have the apple pies here in France so just left. I think it was the first time I've been to one in 10+ years.

newguy

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2023, 04:27:45 PM »
I went to McDo last night, they don't have the apple pies here in France so just left. I think it was the first time I've been to one in 10+ years.

wait we dont have them? really?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2023, 07:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait we dont have them? really?

Nope : https://www.mcdonalds.fr/nos-produits/nos-boissons

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2023, 07:47:39 AM »
Dollar large iced coffees are back on the menu boys.  Boutta grab one right now along with my McPoutine.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2023, 08:20:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gotta do the breakfast burritos with that picante sauce dude.  Although I fuck with a sausage mcmuffin w/ maple syrup on the side so idk maybe don't trust me

Wish I could

The breakfast here in Portugal consists of a croissant, a cheese and ham toasted sandwich or the McMuffin

And the McMuffin only offers one option: bacon, cheese and egg

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2023, 09:59:10 AM »
Just stopped by one got a quarter pounder meal, some nuggets, that basic chicken sandwich and my total was $21.  Fuck mcdonalds forever at this point

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2023, 05:41:36 AM »
Think I'm too old to eat shit like McDonalds now. Sometimes if I'm really hungry about 4 and know I'm struggling to make it to dinner I'll stop and get a single cheeseburger as a snack but I feel awful after if I get a full set-up

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2023, 12:34:31 PM »
Last time I had a full meal from Mcdogshit was 2010 and I felt like absolute ass afterwards.

I’m not going to say that I’m above fast food when I’m starving but McDonald’s I’m too cool for.
Dueces Bitch's