Author Topic: Lima, Peru  (Read 306 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Lima, Peru
« on: May 22, 2023, 11:34:48 AM »
Any pals visited Lima? Thoughts, tips?

My gf and I are thinking of taking a trip there soon but we're debating between Lima, Buenos Aires, or some other capital in LATAM. All I really have in my head about Lima is that it's apparently meant to have the best food in SA? If I go it won't really be a skate trip but maybe I'll take my board. Anyway, curious to hear people's thoughts.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
Re: Lima, Peru
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 12:53:24 PM »
Lima is wonderful.

The taxi drivers are thrilling.

You will have a good time there.

You'll be glad you brought your board.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 01:48:24 PM »
Peru has a ton of skateboarding. Spots are really good and there are good parks. Skaters in general have a good level of skateboarding, its sick. Food is fire. Enjoy

Switchpopshuvit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 01:50:51 PM »
Some of the greatest food I've ever had was in Lima, Peru. Think I remember seeing people skate near Larcomar, this was ~11 years ago though.

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 12:53:18 PM »
I'm half Peruvian and used to go down to Lima every summer. (biased aside) yes this is the city with the best food in LATAM, especially if you love chicken, ceviche, seafood, etc. If you're going down to Peru I would highly recommend visiting Machu Picchu and Cusco as well!

As far as skating goes in Lima, its a great scene. Miraflores in Lima is the most tourist/skate friendly- the big mall, Larcomar, overseeing the beach cliff side has great spots, lots of long ledges, flatground, ledges into banks, stairs, and curbs that you can skate all day long, cops don't bother you there. and then Miraflores skatepark is just a 5min skate down the road form the mall. There is also the Converse skatepark in San Borja which is huge and offers a lot of different obstacles and a gnarly bowl. There's also San Miguel skatepark and La Molina and a few other plaza like parks in Lima, definitely have a lot of options in the city lol.

Would also recommend checking out Legana Inc, local skatebrand/shop in Miraflores owned by Danny Falla, sick company and they would have a bunch of great suggestions too!

One other thing I want to stress tho is the pick pocketers, stick ups, and smash and grab robberies that happen far too often to visitors and tourists especially as you're leaving the airport. Def want to be careful and watch your surroundings when you're out in the city or leaving the airport. Seen tons of people getting their stuff snatched as they walk the streets from ppl on bikes, or getting their car window smashed at a red light in heavy traffic (traffic is a nightmare in Lima) and getting their bags taken. This is going to be the case in all major cities in LATAM btw so be mindful and hope you and your girl have a great trip, Peru and LATAM is a great place to visit!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 07:25:34 PM »
My wife is Peruvian and we go to Lima often, here are some spots not mentioned:

Plaza constancia bolar
Parque Carmen
Parque Belen banks and curb
https://goo.gl/maps/fGvDkRWfhiL6rqD97
Ledges all in a park
https://goo.gl/maps/uy4NhQuc9n8ZzW5T9

I'd steer clear of most of the parks there is no real need honestly the quality of the cement there is amazing and there are so many smaller banks to curbs, manny pads, etc if you just look a bit. I thought most of the parks were wonky or annoying to get to

Larcomar and the banks are the first 2 in this video: https://youtu.be/klV_8v-5-W8

I find Lima extremely safe. I've traveled in a ton of developing countries and if you're by any of these spots you'll be fine. Just don't go out solo in Callao or something.

Food is incredible, you gotta try the Chifa Chine (I think this is the name for their take on Chinese food.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:09:37 AM »
Thanks for all the info! Yeah, I live in Sao Paulo and my girl's Brazilian so I think we're used to the same antics here.

Do you guys have tips for any must see's, restaurants, cafes, art, music venues, underground stuff, etc.... aside from skating?