Author Topic: eS thread  (Read 4272 times)

thehogsniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
Re: eS containment thread
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2023, 11:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So when did the Accel's start getting absurdly bulky? I always hear that they didn't used to be as big as they are now, and in photos they seem like completely different shoes. This is from 1996:

I had a pair briefly last year and I was a bit shocked by how absurdly bulky they are.
[close]

2006ish. They reworked the whole shape of the shoe back then
[close]
Is there anything nowadays that's comparable to the old accel's? I was looking at the vans fairlane but they took out the puffiness.
[close]

Etnies Rap. Ben Degros has been skating them a lot lately. Sort of a mid-puff Accel. Also the Rap is technically the first generation Accel ( if my timeline is correct).
Good shoes?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So when did the Accel's start getting absurdly bulky? I always hear that they didn't used to be as big as they are now, and in photos they seem like completely different shoes. This is from 1996:

I had a pair briefly last year and I was a bit shocked by how absurdly bulky they are.
[close]

2006ish. They reworked the whole shape of the shoe back then
[close]
Is there anything nowadays that's comparable to the old accel's? I was looking at the vans fairlane but they took out the puffiness.
[close]

Etnies Rap. Ben Degros has been skating them a lot lately. Sort of a mid-puff Accel. Also the Rap is technically the first generation Accel ( if my timeline is correct).
[close]
Good shoes?

The current etnies Rap re-release is using the original Marana sole before Michelin soles were developed. That sole is a happy medium between thin/board feel and super bulky. That paired with a solid upper (don't know if it is as I haven't seen in person for myself) should equal a good alternative to an Accel or a Dunk. Only bad thing is how expensive Soletech has gotten lately :/

If anyone buys direct, use "RVW19SV15" for 15% of if you're trying to save money.
Super Champion Fun Zone

BigMurf

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2023, 11:06:41 PM »
Anyone know if the Penny 2s are tts?

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2023, 12:17:33 AM »
Anyone know if the Penny 2s are tts?

They are roomy TTS for me in 10.5 US. They fit tiny bit bigger than Accel OG in same size.
Very comfortable and supportive shoe.

IpathCats

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2023, 03:33:45 AM »

Are those dark green with white soles?

Take me back please.

This is the accel I remember

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2023, 03:47:53 AM »
Yeah dark green/ white soles was such a popular colorway for tonnes of brands back then

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

.Blackshoes.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2023, 06:50:38 PM »
The original accel had a much thinner profile from what I remember, closer to the accel slim of today (maybe a bit thicker than that). They definitely weren't the boat shoes they're releasing right now.

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »
Haven’t seen anybody post these

https://ibb.co/984z6S4

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2023, 07:10:42 AM »
Haven’t seen anybody post these

https://ibb.co/984z6S4

Probably for good reason, these need to never see the light of day

thehogsniper

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2023, 07:15:18 AM »
Oh boy, it's another "reuse the outsole from a shoe nobody bought for a re-release in order to milk nostalgia but also keep costs down" episode! My favorite!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2023, 10:00:13 AM »
The accelite sole is almost identical to a k2. Why didn’t they just use that?

.Blackshoes.

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2023, 10:55:42 AM »
I've wanted a K2 reissue for years. Almost any other sole would work better than that. Why?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2023, 01:10:03 PM »
I've wanted a K2 reissue for years. Almost any other sole would work better than that. Why?
Because eS...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2023, 01:34:04 PM »
The new TJ Roges Evants look sick. He's rocking em in his Cold Call Thrasher thing

Roger__Kook

• Rep: 5
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2023, 01:16:52 AM »
I wish éS would make a decent mid-top on the Swift sole. I thought the Stylus Mid would be that but instead I got a heavy, ugly, weirdly sized turd that the side stitching blew out on even without even being skated.
Why can't they just put the Accel Slim Mid upper on the Swift sole?
Sort it out lads.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2023, 02:01:26 AM »
Anyone have any idea what the number conventions for the name on the three Koston models mean?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2023, 02:39:39 AM »
Anyone have any idea what the number conventions for the name on the three Koston models mean?

One 97
Two 98

Both indicate the model # (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) from the brand and then the year the (I'm assuming) original it's based on came out
Super Champion Fun Zone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2023, 04:16:10 AM »
I wish éS would make a decent mid-top on the Swift sole. I thought the Stylus Mid would be that but instead I got a heavy, ugly, weirdly sized turd that the side stitching blew out on even without even being skated.
Why can't they just put the Accel Slim Mid upper on the Swift sole?
Sort it out lads.
yeah, swift outsole is the best cup they’ve got going for them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2023, 06:40:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One 97
Two 98

Both indicate the model # (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) from the brand and then the year the (I'm assuming) original it's based on came out

Oh that makes too much sense.   Man, I really thought that first model was out for a few years before the 2 came around.   I thought the 2 was out like 99/00 and the 3 was like 2002, but apparently that was released in 00.   

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2023, 12:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

One 97
Two 98

[close]

Oh that makes too much sense.   Man, I really thought that first model was out for a few years before the 2 came around.   I thought the 2 was out like 99/00 and the 3 was like 2002, but apparently that was released in 00.

Likewise! Lot of shoes seem to be released super close to each other from the late 90s/early 00s. Much closer than I understood when I was looking back on footage/mags when I started skating in 2006.

I'm assuming my understanding of the naming pattern is correct but with Es lately, the more they try to be clear/pay homage, sometimes they make it more unclear  ???
Super Champion Fun Zone

onkalo

• Rep: 28
Re: eS thread
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2024, 02:36:31 AM »
Has anyone else had this problem of the sole just ripping off the heel on és quattros when taking shoes off? Really annoyed, I’ve only skated these shoes for like 15 times and they’re already broken…

Dunks/Blazers and other big corporate brand shoes last me 2-3 months of skating almost everyday. Thank god i didn’t pay the full 95€ on these.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2024, 05:57:33 AM »
Sounds like old stock and the glue gave up after long storage in heat and humidity.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 90
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2024, 06:42:39 AM »
Does anyone else reckon that Accel OG's fit a bit too big? I'm thinking of buying a pair a size down but don't want to risk it in case they don't fit - I hate the faff and cost of having to send shoes back, and no skate shops near me stock them.

thehogsniper

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2024, 08:16:24 AM »
Does anyone else reckon that Accel OG's fit a bit too big? I'm thinking of buying a pair a size down but don't want to risk it in case they don't fit - I hate the faff and cost of having to send shoes back, and no skate shops near me stock them.
Do you have a zumiez near you? I know they're carrying them online, should be free ship over $50 and free return in store. Otherwise you could try Amazon or Zappos. Zappos is probably the best for trying stuff and will let you return for free.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2024, 12:12:21 PM »
Let me hear y'all's thoughts and experiences with the accel slim mid...on the fence about getting a pair. Good ankle support? Tts? Good cushioning to make your feet not hurt after sessions?

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2024, 12:44:26 PM »
Sounds like old stock and the glue gave up after long storage in heat and humidity.

Old stock yes, but over here is freezing cold and dry at the time. Humidity from sweat but i only wore them for skating so they always had time to dry.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2024, 12:59:59 PM »

I find them to fit a little wider in the toebox, but also slightly shorter in length, probably due to the heel padding.  They actually fit my feet better than any other shoe I have found.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2024, 03:45:54 PM »

They have always run small for me.

thehogsniper

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2024, 04:06:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Old stock yes, but over here is freezing cold and dry at the time. Humidity from sweat but i only wore them for skating so they always had time to dry.
Upload some photos if you can because I'm curious. Often with sole separation you could take it to a cobbler and have them use industrial shoe glue on it, but you obviously shouldn't have to do that. Maybe email eS if you've had them for only a little while and see if they do anything.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • old and in the way
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2024, 04:41:28 PM »

My pair of 10.5 Accel OGs fit tts.