Author Topic: Who spat on Penny?  (Read 5498 times)

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -227
Who spat on Penny?
« on: May 25, 2023, 01:23:59 AM »
I know during the his earlier years at the Radlands comps (I think in like 92-93) Penny was spat on by I believe the Girl/Chocolate crews while he skated. I'm sure it was only a few main culprits, but man that's fucking wack, especially considering it's his home park. They were obv super young at the time, but still kind of fucked up. I guess those were the times though.

Anyone know who it was who actually did it?

Any reason why, other than just being dicks and maybe thinking Tom a threat or that his laissez-faire attitude was off putting or something?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
Re: Who spat on Penny?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 01:30:26 AM »
I believe it was Mike Carroll.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 01:32:16 AM »
Once upon a time, during the exhilarating era of skateboarding in the early 1990s, a legendary skate team called Crailtap emerged with a reputation for innovation and unruly antics. Among their talented riders was a mysterious and enigmatic individual known simply as "Shadow."

In the summer of 1992, the skateboarding world converged on the iconic Radlands Skatepark in Northampton, England, for a highly anticipated contest. The atmosphere crackled with excitement as both seasoned professionals and up-and-coming amateurs showcased their skills on the sprawling ramps and rails.

Tom Penny, a British skateboarding prodigy, was widely revered for his grace and technical mastery on the board. His every move held the audience in awe as he effortlessly glided through the park, executing tricks with unmatched precision.

As the contest reached its climax, the crowd eagerly anticipated Tom's final run. All eyes were fixed on him, expecting a display of unparalleled talent. But fate had a different plan in store.

As Tom prepared to drop in, a hushed whisper spread through the crowd. The Crailtap team had arrived, and Shadow, their mysterious rider, was rumored to be among them. With a reputation for audacious behavior, he was a wildcard capable of anything.

As Tom Penny embarked on his run, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. Suddenly, a figure materialized from the shadows, clad in black from head to toe. It was Shadow, the enigmatic skater known for pushing boundaries.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Shadow approached the edge of the ramp where Tom was about to perform his next trick. Without warning, he leaned over and delivered a perfectly aimed spitball, which landed squarely on Tom's forehead.

Time seemed to stand still as the crowd erupted into a mixture of shock, laughter, and disbelief. Tom Penny, known for his unwavering focus, could only blink in surprise as the spitball rolled down his face. Even he couldn't help but crack a smile at the audacity of the act.

Unbeknownst to everyone, the incident struck a chord with a young Jamaican musician named Shaggy, who had come to witness the contest as a passionate fan of skateboarding culture. Captivated by Shadow's brazen display, Shaggy was inspired to capture the essence of the unexpected and outrageous in a song.

In the following months, Shaggy tirelessly worked on crafting the catchy melody and playful lyrics that would become his signature hit, "It Wasn't Me." Drawing on the image of Shadow's mysterious antics and the shocked laughter that followed, Shaggy weaved a tale of denial and mischievous escapades.

Released in 2000, "It Wasn't Me" took the world by storm, catapulting Shaggy to international stardom. The song's infectious rhythm, clever wordplay, and Shaggy's distinctive voice resonated with millions, becoming an iconic anthem of the time.

Little did the world know that this chart-topping song owed its inspiration to the mysterious rider from the Crailtap skate team and his audacious act at the Radlands Skatepark. And as for Shadow, he continued to skate in the shadows, leaving an indelible mark on the skateboarding world and forever remaining an enigma in the annals of skate history.

EDIT: im not smart enough to write this sorry everyone, I used chatgpt to create this shit story
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 02:27:55 PM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 01:59:39 AM »
Kind of fucked? That's absolutely pathetic.

I remember at school there was this kid in my year that was the absolute worst - he kind of was nice to me because I was a skater, he didn't skate but he liked wearing skate clothes. He was always bullying everyone and one day he just came up and spat straight in a friend of mine's face, unprovoked. It was the grossest weirdest thing. They just ended up beating each other up, but what stays in my memory is the bully dude's spit just dangling off my homeboy's face while they fought.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 02:24:16 AM »
Once upon a time, during the exhilarating era of skateboarding in the early 1990s, a legendary skate team called Crailtap emerged with a reputation for innovation and unruly antics. Among their talented riders was a mysterious and enigmatic individual known simply as "Shadow."

In the summer of 1992, the skateboarding world converged on the iconic Radlands Skatepark in Northampton, England, for a highly anticipated contest. The atmosphere crackled with excitement as both seasoned professionals and up-and-coming amateurs showcased their skills on the sprawling ramps and rails.

Tom Penny, a British skateboarding prodigy, was widely revered for his grace and technical mastery on the board. His every move held the audience in awe as he effortlessly glided through the park, executing tricks with unmatched precision.

As the contest reached its climax, the crowd eagerly anticipated Tom's final run. All eyes were fixed on him, expecting a display of unparalleled talent. But fate had a different plan in store.

As Tom prepared to drop in, a hushed whisper spread through the crowd. The Crailtap team had arrived, and Shadow, their mysterious rider, was rumored to be among them. With a reputation for audacious behavior, he was a wildcard capable of anything.

As Tom Penny embarked on his run, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. Suddenly, a figure materialized from the shadows, clad in black from head to toe. It was Shadow, the enigmatic skater known for pushing boundaries.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Shadow approached the edge of the ramp where Tom was about to perform his next trick. Without warning, he leaned over and delivered a perfectly aimed spitball, which landed squarely on Tom's forehead.

Time seemed to stand still as the crowd erupted into a mixture of shock, laughter, and disbelief. Tom Penny, known for his unwavering focus, could only blink in surprise as the spitball rolled down his face. Even he couldn't help but crack a smile at the audacity of the act.

Unbeknownst to everyone, the incident struck a chord with a young Jamaican musician named Shaggy, who had come to witness the contest as a passionate fan of skateboarding culture. Captivated by Shadow's brazen display, Shaggy was inspired to capture the essence of the unexpected and outrageous in a song.

In the following months, Shaggy tirelessly worked on crafting the catchy melody and playful lyrics that would become his signature hit, "It Wasn't Me." Drawing on the image of Shadow's mysterious antics and the shocked laughter that followed, Shaggy weaved a tale of denial and mischievous escapades.

Released in 2000, "It Wasn't Me" took the world by storm, catapulting Shaggy to international stardom. The song's infectious rhythm, clever wordplay, and Shaggy's distinctive voice resonated with millions, becoming an iconic anthem of the time.

Little did the world know that this chart-topping song owed its inspiration to the mysterious rider from the Crailtap skate team and his audacious act at the Radlands Skatepark. And as for Shadow, he continued to skate in the shadows, leaving an indelible mark on the skateboarding world and forever remaining an enigma in the annals of skate history.

Is this a deflection Mike Carrol 🤔

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 02:58:29 AM »

This is amazing lol

AI sure is something else

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 04:50:26 AM »
Half the guys on here would pay to have Carroll spit on them.  Dummies probably think he’s got better style too

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 04:51:18 AM »
AI sure is something else

It’s weird I go back and forth about AI. I’ve been using it more to understand it’s capabilities (not here besides this stupid story) and it’s never failed to provide me something to work with. I guess what I’m trying to say is it’s funny to create a dumbass story like this or ask it all different types of stuff but I fear when people integrate AI into publishing propaganda and shit since there’s already so much misinformation out there.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Trilogy

• Rep: -264
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 05:11:40 AM »
I bet it was Mike Carroll or someone from his entourage.

MC is also one of the best skateboarders ever and has good style, but truly seems like a jerk a lot of times.

I don't know, I have never met the guy, just stories I heard.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 05:36:26 AM »
I was hoping the story had a twist where Carrol met Penny and told him who really spit on him like Kramer when he thought that Hernandez spit on him with Jerry explaining the "magic loogie" like the JFK play by play

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 05:41:31 AM »
Thought it was Sanch no?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 05:55:19 AM »
Seems like something young MC would do 🤷‍♂️
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 06:10:27 AM »
he just didnt care about the whole, you know, "im the raddest, im this, im that", you know, like he didnt care about it!

always thought Geoff was saying Penny didnt care about people telling Penny hes the raddest.  Now im hearing Penny didnt care about MC saying MC is the raddest.

Maybe the timeline is off here.  Doesnt matter, penny was so influential to me as a kid and is one of the greatest ever.

Is there a picture of penny with any members of wu in existence?  thatd make my head explode

doublesteveburger

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 07:09:36 AM »
I was hoping the story had a twist where Carrol met Penny and told him who really spit on him like Kramer when he thought that Hernandez spit on him with Jerry explaining the "magic loogie" like the JFK play by play

"nice game, prettyboy"

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 07:20:18 AM »

Well done poopnut

Dekkard

• Rep: -21
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 07:26:25 AM »
Fred Gall

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2023, 08:15:09 AM »
Mike Carrol did

ASS FAULT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2023, 08:19:46 AM »
But who sat on Penny?

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2023, 08:33:49 AM »
Iirc the whole Flip team was bullied when they arrived in 94 in the States for being "too good"

Like Geoffs tre flip down a 14 or 15 stair was not supposed to happen yet.

But then again it's probably not a good idea to hassle someone from Liverpool.

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2023, 08:40:20 AM »

Video description says this was the contest but he didn't notice heckling/spitting (he was a lil high tho)
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2023, 09:03:04 AM »
Did OP misspell "shat" because that's the story I heard.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2023, 09:07:23 AM »
I heard scat (i guess that could be the same thing tho in some circles)

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2023, 09:13:39 AM »
its a 30 years old rumour.... come on dude

he did probably got heckled at some point but it was pointless, he became a skate god among everyone

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2023, 09:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I heard scat (i guess that could be the same thing tho in some circles)

The image of Mel Torme hitting Penny with scat is pretty wonderful.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2023, 11:03:49 AM »
Penny rode up and he caught me red-handed
Spitting loogies on his bowl-cut forehead
Picture this, we were both just skating
Skating on the Radlands floor
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

dannyprovolone

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2023, 11:31:37 AM »
damn....spit on tom penny???

someone is really going to hell for this

Dekkard

• Rep: -21
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2023, 12:12:59 PM »
Iirc the whole Flip team was bullied when they arrived in 94 in the States for being "too good"

Like Geoffs tre flip down a 14 or 15 stair was not supposed to happen yet.

But then again it's probably not a good idea to hassle someone from Liverpool.

John Lennon was from Liverpool

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2023, 12:14:54 PM »
I bet it was Mike Carroll or someone from his entourage.

MC is also one of the best skateboarders ever and has good style, but truly seems like a jerk a lot of times.

I don't know, I have never met the guy, just stories I heard.

And the MJ burial bullshit.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2023, 12:21:33 PM »

You have way too much time and talent on your hands to be on here like this.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 158
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2023, 12:25:08 PM »
its pretty common knowledge that he crail dudes heckled Penny and his style at the 94, or was it 95? radlands comp pretty openly, and apparently spat no him. Thats why Bill Weiss said "fuck the haters  Penny is better than you" in the 411 covering the contest.