Author Topic: Franky Villani's "417" New Balance Numeric Part  (Read 4907 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
Re: Franky Villani's "417" New Balance Numeric Part
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2023, 11:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I love him on Primitive :) also this part wasn't a "quirky" part - it was non-circusy all the way through!

I really loved the boardslides pop out on the bank to rail!

How old is he now? I don't get as much of the teenager in love with Blink-182 vibe from him as I used to.
[close]

I don’t want to say his part was quirky - but in comparison to the rest of the primitive team, his skating is quirky: can’t remember a primitive video, where someone is doing slappies for example

You don’t see much in clips, even his skatepark ones, but having seen him a few times at vans a few years ago , I’d say he skates just as technically well as anyone on that team but chooses the more fun route which has worked well for his career clearly.

I saw him back casually back nose blunt stall the tightest little pocket of transition after a whole run of the park every time. He was learning switch tail shoves on one  of the hubbas by the end of the day and did it in like 3-4 tries. Absolutely could put out that less “quirky” primitive style part if he wanted but he just has fun and I think that’s exactly why he’s on primitive.

I’ve also come back to this part a few times and I kinda miss some of the dork tricks but he’s always had a decent mix of actual tech and gnar and then the fun weird tricks that are still insanely hard. Love This guy.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2023, 07:17:06 AM »
I am curious would he actually skate better on a 8.5" ? or is he actually at his maximum power on the Egg? I have replicated his setup for the most part and I can skate fairly close to my full level, but my setup feels a bit heavy (i put Ace 60 instead of Thunders... i may have to try it with  151s at some point.)  The main thing I feel like its not great for is manuals, and I honestly cant even think of a Franky clip of him doing a manny. 
ONTARIO CANADA

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2023, 12:37:45 AM »
love this guy

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2023, 05:29:12 PM »
Pardon how corny this might sound, but it makes me think of Picasso, who as a young man could paint with light and shading - photorealistically even - but eventually developed his own abstract style unique to him.  When it’s a choice, it makes the “quirky” elements better, because it’s not a decision driven by a lack of skill.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2023, 07:14:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Franky <3 <3 <3

that was great from start to finsish. Well deserved with the shoe. Shame he's still on primitive. Would love to see him on a more fitting brand – not sure where though. Limosine, Worble....
[close]

Nah I like him on primtive . Why y’all want this man to make less money! Primitive prolly pays good and Prod has taken good care of Franky catering to his style with his graphics and shapes. That’s pretty rad , would he fit better else where ? Maybe but dude produces and his sponsors treat him better than any of the smaller brands could ever.
[close]

Yes, I completely agree. Seems like he’s homies with the primitive guys too and that counts. I don’t know anywhere else that would give him that kind of creative control.

Side note, it’s so awesome that all his sponsors have backed him so hard and given him what he wants. Between primitive, the dickies clothing line, and now a pro shoe (with multiple colorways before this), he’s being taken care of and that’s fucking sick

His Primitive Egg shape is never in stock too, all the other riders and even the Rod-Father himself has decks on sale. Think he makes decent money off deck sales.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2023, 09:04:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Franky <3 <3 <3

that was great from start to finsish. Well deserved with the shoe. Shame he's still on primitive. Would love to see him on a more fitting brand – not sure where though. Limosine, Worble....
[close]

Nah I like him on primtive . Why y’all want this man to make less money! Primitive prolly pays good and Prod has taken good care of Franky catering to his style with his graphics and shapes. That’s pretty rad , would he fit better else where ? Maybe but dude produces and his sponsors treat him better than any of the smaller brands could ever.
[close]

Yes, I completely agree. Seems like he’s homies with the primitive guys too and that counts. I don’t know anywhere else that would give him that kind of creative control.

Side note, it’s so awesome that all his sponsors have backed him so hard and given him what he wants. Between primitive, the dickies clothing line, and now a pro shoe (with multiple colorways before this), he’s being taken care of and that’s fucking sick
[close]

His Primitive Egg shape is never in stock too, all the other riders and even the Rod-Father himself has decks on sale. Think he makes decent money off deck sales.

his egg shape boards always sold out.. go Franky !!