Author Topic: Websites to Kill Time at Work  (Read 677 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Websites to Kill Time at Work
« on: June 24, 2023, 02:19:09 PM »
What site other than slap do yall check out at work to kill time?

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 236
Re: Websites to Kill Time at Work
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 02:53:01 PM »
bassmaster.com
Just dont accidentally type ASSSMASTER or it could get you flagged.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 03:12:12 PM »
bassmaster.com
Just dont accidentally type ASSSMASTER or it could get you flagged.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 06:48:06 PM »
Isn’t everyone just staring at their phones? 

Jebediah

• Rep: 113
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 11:23:06 PM »
My last job working in the office had pretty strict internet filters so I was pretty limited. I would browse Wikipedia on random subjects and was able to find some books online to read.

Those are also good options for when working around people as it's not as eye catching as looking at pretty pictures. Still had alt tab at the ready.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 08:17:21 AM »
Would you guys rather have jobs where you're occupied all day or do you like having so little to do that you can just browse the internet when you're supposed to be working?

I've never worked an office job. Is it actually like Office Space?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 11:18:29 AM by modern life is war »
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 08:45:15 AM »
Would you guys rather you have jobs where you're occupied all day or do you like having little to do that you can just browse the internet when you're supposed to be working?

I've never worked an office job. Is it actually like Office Space?

I have a job where I gotta watch shit for ages to make sure it's ok, like that the vacuum is going down and there is no leaks..so I browse here and the news etc.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 11:23:30 AM »
I just go go for a ride with Google maps street view

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -55
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 11:48:32 AM »
Nowadays, just SLAP.
Reddit if I'm on the toilet.

Memoria.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2023, 12:02:20 PM »
Mostly SLAP.
Used to use letterboxd quite a bit but that slowed down over time.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2023, 01:39:24 PM »
Mostly Slap and Reddit. I've become mildly addicted to the r/PublicFreakouts subreddit. Never ending videos of people acting a fool in public.

Aside from that, browsing for deals on shoes.

Mr. Pickles

• Rep: 39
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2023, 02:54:34 PM »
My last job working in the office had pretty strict internet filters so I was pretty limited. I would browse Wikipedia on random subjects and was able to find some books online to read.

Those are also good options for when working around people as it's not as eye catching as looking at pretty pictures. Still had alt tab at the ready.

This and google maps satellite mode. I spent an hour + the other day looking at the most northern towns in Canada. 

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2023, 03:50:10 PM »
im kinda a beast at krunker.io

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023, 06:32:57 PM »
Mostly Slap and Reddit. I've become mildly addicted to the r/PublicFreakouts subreddit. Never ending videos of people acting a fool in public.

Aside from that, browsing for deals on shoes.
Agree with both, sometimes I gotta take a break from public freak outs thought, makes me have an unhealthy fear of going to the store.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2023, 06:09:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This and google maps satellite mode. I spent an hour + the other day looking at the most northern towns in Canada.

Yes! Nothing like a good hour or so of viewing areas from all over the globe. Those and Slap are my main facilitators of time wasting, sometimes shopping for shoe deals like GreyCellGreen noted or running through bandcamp for new releases. We have no filters here so I can look through anything, which is certainly nice, but would be interested in some other places to waste time since I've got 8 hours to fill a day and I've completely given up on this shithole called work.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 06:49:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes! Nothing like a good hour or so of viewing areas from all over the globe. Those and Slap are my main facilitators of time wasting, sometimes shopping for shoe deals like GreyCellGreen noted or running through bandcamp for new releases. We have no filters here so I can look through anything, which is certainly nice, but would be interested in some other places to waste time since I've got 8 hours to fill a day and I've completely given up on this shithole called work.

Spend hours looking for potential spots on google maps/earth. Especially when going somewhere new and there isn't much info on it. Like random small towns etc. Plus its funny when you find someone you know on the street or whatever when you look around your own town.